NATION

PASSWORD

[ACCEPTED] - Halting the Heirloom Heist!

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Candensia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 20, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Candensia » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:49 am

I've updated the draft version.

Option 4 now features replacing your royal jewelry with plastic. (Thanks Jutsa)

Option 4 and Effect 4 have been redone.
Last edited by Candensia on Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The Free Joy State wrote:Time spent working on writing skills -- even if the draft doesn't work -- is never wasted.

Chan Island
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Chan Island » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:28 am

Candensia wrote:I've updated the draft version.

I now desperately want an effect line for option 4 where the thieves have gone and stolen the plastic Crown Jewels anyway.
Last edited by Chan Island on Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=513597&p=39401766#p39401766
Conserative Morality wrote:"It's not time yet" is a tactic used by reactionaries in every era. "It's not time for democracy, it's not time for capitalism, it's not time for emancipation." Of course it's not time. It's never time, not on its own. You make it time. If you're under fire in the no-man's land of WW1, you start digging a foxhole even if the ideal time would be when you *aren't* being bombarded, because once you wait for it to be 'time', other situations will need your attention, assuming you survive that long. If the fields aren't furrowed, plow them. If the iron is not hot, make it so. If society is not ready, change it.

Candensia
Diplomat

Postby Candensia » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:01 pm

Chan Island wrote:
Candensia wrote:I've updated the draft version.

I now desperately want an effect line for option 4 where the thieves have gone and stolen the plastic Crown Jewels anyway.

perhaps something like

[effect] - thieves have made off with the entire collection of royal plastic
The Free Joy State wrote:Time spent working on writing skills -- even if the draft doesn't work -- is never wasted.

Chan Island
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Chan Island » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:42 pm

Candensia wrote:
Chan Island wrote:

perhaps something like

[effect] - thieves have made off with the entire collection of royal plastic

Love it!
Conserative Morality wrote:"It's not time yet" is a tactic used by reactionaries in every era. "It's not time for democracy, it's not time for capitalism, it's not time for emancipation." Of course it's not time. It's never time, not on its own. You make it time. If you're under fire in the no-man's land of WW1, you start digging a foxhole even if the ideal time would be when you *aren't* being bombarded, because once you wait for it to be 'time', other situations will need your attention, assuming you survive that long. If the fields aren't furrowed, plow them. If the iron is not hot, make it so. If society is not ready, change it.

Candensia
Diplomat

Postby Candensia » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:49 pm

Done and done. :)

Effect 4 has been updated.

Anything else need attention?
Last edited by Candensia on Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016

Postby Fauxia » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:21 pm

The false alliteration kind of annoys me.
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Jutsa
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 06, 2015
Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:10 pm

It honestly doesn't annoy me, but that's probably because I actually pronounce the h in heirloom.

In fact I kinda forgot that most people don't...
You're welcome to telegram me any questions you have of the game. Unless I've CTE'd (ceased to exist) - then you physically can't do that.

Helpful* Got Issues? Links (Not Pinned In Forum) *mostly: >List of Issue-Related Lists | >Personal List of Issue Ideas | >List of Known Missing Issues/Options |
>Trotterdam's Issue Results/Policies Tracker | >Val's Bonus Stats | >Fauzjhia's Easter Egg Guide | >My Joke Drafts List | >Sherp's Author Rankings

Other Nifty Links: >Best-Ranked Useful Dispatches | >NSindex | >IA's WA Proposal Office | >Major Discord Links | >Trivia | >Cards Against NS | >Polls

"Remember, licking doorknobs is perfectly legal on other planets." - Ja Luıñaí

Sacara
Ambassador

Founded: May 13, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sacara » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:37 pm

Jutsa wrote:...pronounce the h in heirloom.
:blink:

It's looking good.
The Spacefaring Federation of Sacara
I spend most of my time in the Got Issues? sub-forum.
Issues That I've Authored (15)
Commended by SC #382
"Our Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you" - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Chan Island
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Chan Island » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:29 am

Jutsa wrote: because I actually pronounce the h in heirloom.

Is - Is that a regional thing? Or is that a particular Jutsa quirk?

Candensia
Diplomat

Postby Candensia » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:42 am

To satisfy Fauxia’s comment, I’ve changed the title to Halting the Hairloom Heist!

Just kitting. :lol2:

I’m putting this draft on last call. If no critical concerns are raised, it will be submitted in the next few days.
Last edited by Candensia on Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Candensia
Diplomat

Postby Candensia » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:37 am

I have submitted Halting The Heirloom Heist!

Thanks for all the wonderful feedback and help on this one. As always, I truly appreciate it. :)

Hediacrana
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Hediacrana » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:50 am

Good luck!
'If you're not anti-war, then you're not fiscally conservative, and you're certainly not pro-life.'
Parent, spouse, leftist Christian and suspected witch.
She/her.

Sacara
Ambassador

Founded: May 13, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sacara » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:48 am

Good luck! It's been awhile since my first comment on this thread.
The Spacefaring Federation of Sacara
I spend most of my time in the Got Issues? sub-forum.
Issues That I've Authored (15)
Commended by SC #382
"Our Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you" - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013

Postby Australian rePublic » Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:30 pm

Good luck
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?