NATION

PASSWORD

(DRAFT) Angry Patriot

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Commonwealth of Krypton
Civil Servant

Founded: Feb 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

(DRAFT) Angry Patriot

Postby Commonwealth of Krypton » Fri May 18, 2018 11:06 am

Name of Issue: "Angry Patriot"

Newspaper feed: "War looms over "your nation's name."

Scenario introduction scene.
You awaken to find your senior advisor screaming at you. "CHANCELLOR... WE'VE UNDER ATTACK." The senior top government officials have met in the Agenda Room (or meeting room) in the Blue House (or your version of the White House or what ever the head of government in your nation sleeps in.) You're sitting in your precious chair and received news that Pearl City (or one of your largest cities) has been attacked, specifically the Umpire State Building, the tallest building in Pearl City. You watch on tv as the Umpire State Building's collapses. "March 11th will go down in our nation's history as one of the ugliest days" a staff person quotes. You have meet in the Agenda Room with your top officials to discuss your options.

Choice One:
"Blue (or name of neighboring nation) has been dealing with this terrorist cell for an extended amount of time." Your intelligence ((your version of NSA) director has advised. Then adds "We should supply Blue with some reinforcements to handle this."
Choice Effect: Your citizens get the cold shoulder from Blue neighbors.

Choice Two:
"I say we send the best of the best of agents to topple this regime." You senior agent of the (your version of CIA) "We just watch from afar and scrub out this nuisance."
Choice Effect: Citizens question the existence of spy operations in their government.

Choice Three:
"I say we gear up for a full throttle invasion" your Secretary Flag Officer (your version of the Secretary of Defense) "We should take this as offensive, patriotic and personal. We know the nation that harbors these idiots."
Choice Effect: Your angry citizens feel patriotic.

NOTE: There are only three options with corresponding choice effects. Feel free to comment, suggest, advise or coerce, by all means. I'm open ears, willing to learn and absorb. Mind you this is my first "issue" I've ever attempted. Be merciful in your rulings. Should I add or alter the choices? Whatever you think.

THANX
Last edited by Commonwealth of Krypton on Fri May 18, 2018 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Terrified, Petrified, Mortified, Stupified, By you!!
-- John Nash

Chan Island
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Chan Island » Fri May 18, 2018 12:27 pm

I get that this is your first issue and that not everyone is a natural but I'll be horribly blunt. Pardon my language but...

This is a terrible draft.

You presumed a huge number of details about @@NAME@@ - for example what if my leader lives in an RV? There is an issue in the game that allows you to get your leader to live in a mobile home after all. Pearl City is OK at first glance, but again has many, many problems with it. what if it isn't the second biggest city in the country, but some city I made up in my role-play? Now, in other issues we do presume a few other places, but they are never specified as being the biggest city and usually are small villages anyway. The one exception will cause you more problems: @@ANIMAL@@ City might come up as "Pearl City" if you have pearls as your national animal. I should know you can use wacky items as nation animals, considering I use Axes.

Then there are the options. Just different flavours of war, aren't they? Either I attack the terrorists by proxy, secret agents or regime change. What if I don't want to intervene abroad, or actively agree with the terrorist cause?

Worst of all, we have many, many existing issues about how to address terrorism, covering just about everything from how to fight them to how the media should be reporting on them.

My recommendation is to scrap this entirely and have a good read of everything discussed here: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=88
And here: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=424657

If you're unsure about anything, don't be afraid to ask everybody here either: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=159868
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=513597&p=39401766#p39401766
Conserative Morality wrote:"It's not time yet" is a tactic used by reactionaries in every era. "It's not time for democracy, it's not time for capitalism, it's not time for emancipation." Of course it's not time. It's never time, not on its own. You make it time. If you're under fire in the no-man's land of WW1, you start digging a foxhole even if the ideal time would be when you *aren't* being bombarded, because once you wait for it to be 'time', other situations will need your attention, assuming you survive that long. If the fields aren't furrowed, plow them. If the iron is not hot, make it so. If society is not ready, change it.

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby USS Monitor » Sun May 20, 2018 1:06 pm

Out of everything Chan said, the highest priorities should be getting a more original premise and learning about macros. The info about macros is in this thread:
Chan Island wrote:And here: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=424657

Having all that extra stuff in parentheses rather than using macros correctly is a huge distraction. It makes the issue look worse than it really is because it's just so awkward to read. This draft is totally unusable, but you're probably capable of writing something much better if you get a good premise and learn macros.
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Tue May 22, 2018 1:01 am

Option 3-If you already know that the government wasn't at fault, why would you blame them?
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Return to Got Issues?