NATION

PASSWORD

Problems with the "Saving Your Own Foreskin" Issue.

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Killik
Civil Servant

Founded: May 02, 2018
Ex-Nation

Problems with the "Saving Your Own Foreskin" Issue.

Postby Killik » Thu May 17, 2018 6:23 pm

The issue "Saving Your Own Foreskin" gave me wrong results.
I chose the option to make the person getting the procedure the one to choose weather it gets done or not.... Then it LOWERED my Civil rights. So because I took away the parents ability (right!?) to mutilate their children, they have less rights? This should give MORE Civil rights, because the victim of circumcision actually gets a choice instead of being forcibly mutilated against their will. I know this is a MAJOR problem all around the world... So lets at LEAST fix it in game!
"As a victim of unwanted circumcision, i feel VERY strongly about this. Although I love my parents for the most part, this is the one thing I am VERY ashamed of them for doing. I can never be truly whole, and if it were MY choice... HELL NO I would not allow anyone cut off the tip of my penis. I'm smart enough to clean myself, believe it or not. ANY BEING who would call for you to cut off your foreskin without a VERY good medical reason (to be clean is not a legitimate reason) is EVIL."
Last edited by Killik on Thu May 17, 2018 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ab Humanitatis Scientiam
Envoy

Founded: Apr 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Ab Humanitatis Scientiam » Thu May 17, 2018 6:39 pm

The NS-verse defines "civil rights" in a very specific way:

...freedoms to go about [one's] personal business without interference or regulation from government.

To the extent that the issue option selected prevents parents from doing something by official policy, it constitutes "interference or regulation from government" and thus a reduction in civil rights as defined. Note that this "interference or regulation" can be perfectly justifiable, it is still an "interference or regulation."
Last edited by Ab Humanitatis Scientiam on Thu May 17, 2018 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ab Humanitatis Scientiam
Envoy

Founded: Apr 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Ab Humanitatis Scientiam » Thu May 17, 2018 6:50 pm

Should probably also note that there is at least one recorded instance where siding with parental right to choose circumcision for their child also decreased civil rights:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=424650&p=33896747#p33896747

This suggests that the outcome of the issue in question is actually more complicated than one might think.
Last edited by Ab Humanitatis Scientiam on Thu May 17, 2018 6:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Ganymede
Political Columnist

Founded: May 12, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Ganymede » Fri May 18, 2018 8:57 am

Ab Humanitatis Scientiam wrote:The NS-verse defines "civil rights" in a very specific way:

...freedoms to go about [one's] personal business without interference or regulation from government.

Not only that, but individual issue authors and editors have no obligation to stick to the NS definition OR the real-life one. "Civil rights" in NS means whatever the issue's author wants it to mean.

The Marsupial Illuminati
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 24, 2016
Free-Market Paradise

Postby The Marsupial Illuminati » Fri May 18, 2018 9:04 am

Deleted by The Marsupial Illuminati on Sun May 32, 2008 13:11 pm, deleted 1 time in total.
Last edited by The Marsupial Illuminati on Sun May 27, 2018 5:41 am, edited 3 times in total.

Return to Got Issues?