NATION

PASSWORD

[SUBMITTED] More Food than We Know What to Do With

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Chan Island
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Chan Island » Sun May 06, 2018 2:30 pm

Jutsa wrote:I could also do "converts × time" since he's kinda part of a cult, although I did kinda want to make him break from the theme. :P

It doesn't matter how good or bad your food is; there'll surely be nations that throw it away if they don't trust it being shipped for how long.

Admittedly, if your food is literally garbage, 3's effect line is a little odd... but that does open up the imagination as to what exactly could be "worse".

I won't make any adjustments right away; I'd like your thoughts on my thoughts first. If you still disagree with my thoughts, I'll change the things said thoughts address.
I think. :P

They are all valid arguments, though I still think my points stand.

Can anyone else please weigh in?
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=513597&p=39401766#p39401766
Conserative Morality wrote:"It's not time yet" is a tactic used by reactionaries in every era. "It's not time for democracy, it's not time for capitalism, it's not time for emancipation." Of course it's not time. It's never time, not on its own. You make it time. If you're under fire in the no-man's land of WW1, you start digging a foxhole even if the ideal time would be when you *aren't* being bombarded, because once you wait for it to be 'time', other situations will need your attention, assuming you survive that long. If the fields aren't furrowed, plow them. If the iron is not hot, make it so. If society is not ready, change it.

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Trotterdam » Sun May 06, 2018 2:40 pm

Jutsa wrote:It doesn't matter how good or bad your food is; there'll surely be nations that throw it away if they don't trust it being shipped for how long.
The thing is that, as I said, starving third-world nations - the ones that actually need your charity - aren't likely to throw food away unless it's really, really bad.

If the joke is that you're sending the food to the wrong nations, then you should make the effect line build more directly on that.

However, if you can, it would be better to find something funny that would be happening in the actual poor nations.

Jutsa
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 06, 2015
Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Sun May 06, 2018 2:41 pm

Something like the food being used for food fights? :P
You're welcome to telegram me any questions you have of the game. Unless I've CTE'd (ceased to exist) - then you physically can't do that.

Helpful* Got Issues? Links (Not Pinned In Forum) *mostly: >List of Issue-Related Lists | >Personal List of Issue Ideas | >List of Known Missing Issues/Options |
>Trotterdam's Issue Results/Policies Tracker | >Val's Bonus Stats | >Fauzjhia's Easter Egg Guide | >My Joke Drafts List | >Sherp's Author Rankings

Other Nifty Links: >Best-Ranked Useful Dispatches | >NSindex | >IA's WA Proposal Office | >Major Discord Links | >Trivia | >Cards Against NS | >Polls

"Remember, licking doorknobs is perfectly legal on other planets." - Ja Luıñaí

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012

Postby Trotterdam » Sun May 06, 2018 2:47 pm

Jutsa wrote:Something like the food being used for food fights? :P
Funnily enough, I could see that happening both if your send the food to first-world nations that don't need it, and if you send it to war-torn third-world nations...

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013

Postby Australian rePublic » Sun May 06, 2018 3:59 pm

Trotterdam wrote:Assuming by "ugly" you mean fruits that can vary in shape from individual to individual within the species and where some just happen to turn out weirdly-shaped, that's covered by my mention of throwing out fruit with minor cosmetic flaws.

Fruits which are always ugly aren't an issue, if people don't like 'em then they won't grow 'em.

No one intentionally grows ugly fruit and veg. It's an unwanted biproduct. There are retailers in Australia, (for example Woolworths' odd bunch) which sells ugly food at a discounted price. I've also seen it myself with my grandfather's lemon tree, where we occassionally get lemons that were so mishapen, you could barely tell that they were lemons. Apparently, they are shaved down, juiced, grated, etc. and added as part of pre-paid meals and snaks. However, as much as 40-60% of food in the west is wasted, because no matter what, you will still end up with fruit that looks like this:

Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Jutsa
Negotiator

Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Sun May 06, 2018 5:26 pm

Eh, changed option 2's effect line and the thing 6's speaker reads, but I have no idea what else I could do for 3/4.
You're welcome to telegram me any questions you have of the game. Unless I've CTE'd (ceased to exist) - then you physically can't do that.

Helpful* Got Issues? Links (Not Pinned In Forum) *mostly: >List of Issue-Related Lists | >Personal List of Issue Ideas | >List of Known Missing Issues/Options |
>Trotterdam's Issue Results/Policies Tracker | >Val's Bonus Stats | >Fauzjhia's Easter Egg Guide | >My Joke Drafts List | >Sherp's Author Rankings

Other Nifty Links: >Best-Ranked Useful Dispatches | >NSindex | >IA's WA Proposal Office | >Major Discord Links | >Trivia | >Cards Against NS | >Polls

Jutsa
Negotiator

Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Sun May 13, 2018 7:23 am

Bump! Got anything else for me? ('specially where effect lines are concerned)

Candlewhisper Archive
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Aug 28, 2015
Anarchy

Postby Candlewhisper Archive » Mon May 14, 2018 1:27 am

Title: You Got Piles

One of the last two options should be cut, in my opinion, to bring issue to a better length.
editors like linguistic ambiguity more than most people

Jutsa
Negotiator

Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Mon May 14, 2018 8:17 am

Not familiar with the reference you're getting at, but then again it took me forever to figure out what Got X? was.
I do know my title isn't the greatest, but I'd prefer a little bit of a foodier title, if you've got anything. :P
(unless You Got Piles is something I absolutely must do)

Also, of the two options... mmh, idk. 5* kinda makes sense but 6 is so good for truly psychotic nations that wanna push obesity.
That said, it's also really unrealistic... :rofl:

Probably, of the two of them, I'd cut six. Still, I wouldn't mind submitting this with the sixth option just in case an editor does want to keep it,
unless you strongly advise against it. :blush:
Last edited by Jutsa on Tue May 22, 2018 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jutsa
Negotiator

Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Tue May 22, 2018 1:51 pm

Eh, bumping again. Probably will only keep this one up for another week or so unless a major change is proposed. :P

Anyone else think You Got Piles is a better title than the current one, or have their own to propose?

Or... well, any other suggestions, for that matter?

Jutsa
Negotiator

Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Sun May 27, 2018 9:22 am

Submitted! I changed "petroleum" to "gasoline" in option 5's effect line. :P

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013

Postby Australian rePublic » Sun May 27, 2018 7:59 pm

Good luck
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?