NATION

PASSWORD

ISSUE IDEA: Ras Ras Raspudding

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

ISSUE IDEA: Ras Ras Raspudding

Postby Australian rePublic » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:20 pm

[title] Ras ras Raspudding

[desc] The only male heir to your throne, who happens to be haemophilic, has a holy healer, Gregory Raspudding. A new report has revealed that Raspudding is the most violent womaniser in @@NAME@@'s history, causing many to question his holiness and whether or not he actually is a mystic healer

[validity] Must be a theocratic absolute monarchy, must be a patriarchy, must have low medicine, must have high primativeness

[option] "He can preach our holy book like a preacher," suggests @@RANDOMMALENAME@@, a fellow monk from the same monastery, who seems very misguided, "He is a very spiritual and a very holy man. He might be a sinner, but so is everyone. He managed to heal your heir. Isn't that a good indicator of his holiness?"
[effect] anyone who claims to be able to heal haemophilia is invited to the royal palace

[option] "He rules the @@DENONYMADJECTIVE@@ land, and never mind yourself," suggests @@RANDOMMALENAME@@, a man of higher standing, whilst lacing some cupcakes with cyanide. "He's also the lover of the @@DENONYMADJECTIVE@@ queen, you're wife! This man's just gotta go! Allow us to set a trap, invite him to dinner and we'll take care of the rest..."
[effect] high ranking official refuse to allow cyanide to kill them

[option] "This man is evil and possessed," shouts Jina Gusevov,
who notoriously repeatedly stabbed him and was suprised by the fact that he survived, "This man has lots of hidden charm, and the ability to make the devil appear to heal your heir. He must be evil! Decommission him from your palace, or you will be sorry."
[effect] the royal family is suspicious of anyone who is too charismatic

Bonus points if you guess both major references

[title] Ras ras Raspudding

[desc] A new report has revealed that your haemophilic son's holy healer, Gregory Raspudding, is the most violent womaniser in @@NAME@@'s history, causing many to question his holiness and whether or not he actually is a mystic healer

[validity] Must be a theocratic absolute monarchy, must be a patriarchy, must have low medicine

[option] "He can preach our holy book like a preacher," suggests @@RANDOMMALENAME@@, a fellow monk from the same monastery, who seems to be a misguided, "He is a very spiritual and very holy man. He might be a sinner, but so is everyone. He managed to heal your son. Isn't that a good indicator of his holiness?"
[effect] anyone who claims to be able to heal haemophilia is invited to the royal palace

[option] "He rules the @@DENONYMADJECTIVE@@ land, and never mind yourself," suggests @@RANDOMMALENAME@@, a man of higher standing, whilst lacing some cupcakes with cyanide. "He's also the lover of the @@DENONYMADJECTIVE@@ queen, you're wife! This man's just gotta go! Allow us to set a trap, invite him to dinner and we'll take care of the rest..."
[effect] high ranking official refuse to allow cyanide to kill them

[option] "This man is evil and possessed," shouts @@RANDOMFEMALENAME@@, who notoriously stabbed him, "This man has lots of hidden charm, and the ability to heal through the devil. He must be evil! Decommission him from your palace, or you will be sorry."
[effect] the royal family is suspicious of anyone who is too charasmatic
Last edited by Australian rePublic on Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:16 am, edited 4 times in total.
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Chan Island
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Chan Island » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:34 pm

I enjoy this for the references but I see a few problems with the premise. How do you know leader has a son, mucg less a haemophiliac son? Also, even if leader did have a haemophiliac son how do we know a holy healer is the go to?

My suggestion is to make it about leader's nephew being sick with haemophilia. The people who will get the reference already will know what's going on already.

As for the options, I enjoy them (especially with how well you integrate song lyrics) but again they doth prosume a lot. How do we know this patriarchy doesn't happen to have a female leader? And what if leader isn't married? My suggestion is again to make it vaguer. But keep the lyrics as much as you can, they are very nicely done. :D
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=513597&p=39401766#p39401766
Conserative Morality wrote:"It's not time yet" is a tactic used by reactionaries in every era. "It's not time for democracy, it's not time for capitalism, it's not time for emancipation." Of course it's not time. It's never time, not on its own. You make it time. If you're under fire in the no-man's land of WW1, you start digging a foxhole even if the ideal time would be when you *aren't* being bombarded, because once you wait for it to be 'time', other situations will need your attention, assuming you survive that long. If the fields aren't furrowed, plow them. If the iron is not hot, make it so. If society is not ready, change it.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:48 am

Chan Island wrote:I enjoy this for the references but I see a few problems with the premise. How do you know leader has a son, mucg less a haemophiliac son? Also, even if leader did have a haemophiliac son how do we know a holy healer is the go to?

Thanks. How about I change it to "only male heir" and add high primativenes

My suggestion is to make it about leader's nephew being sick with haemophilia. The people who will get the reference already will know what's going on already.

I'll go with "only male heir"

As for the options, I enjoy them (especially with how well you integrate song lyrics) but again they doth prosume a lot. How do we know this patriarchy doesn't happen to have a female leader?

Because if the society was extremely patriarchal, there would probably be a rule in the religious book's holy text prohibiting it

And what if leader isn't married? My suggestion is again to make it vaguer. But keep the lyrics as much as you can, they are very nicely done. :D

Thanks!
Last edited by Australian rePublic on Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Annihilators of Chan Island
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Annihilators of Chan Island » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:04 am

Australian rePublic wrote:
Chan Island wrote:I enjoy this for the references but I see a few problems with the premise. How do you know leader has a son, mucg less a haemophiliac son? Also, even if leader did have a haemophiliac son how do we know a holy healer is the go to?

Thanks. How about I change it to "only male hare" and add high primativenes

I'll go with "only male hare"

As for the options, I enjoy them (especially with how well you integrate song lyrics) but again they doth prosume a lot. How do we know this patriarchy doesn't happen to have a female leader?

Because the higher being doesn't permit it

And what if leader isn't married? My suggestion is again to make it vaguer. But keep the lyrics as much as you can, they are very nicely done. :D

Thanks!

Surely, you mean "heir", right :rofl:

Another thing that occurs to me, the third speaker could be even more absurd by actually having more. Like that he infamously shot, stabbed and then threw Gregory into a river. Then you could have him rave about how he must be possessed because nobody could possibly be so tough.
This nation is modeled on being my absolute worst dystopia imaginable. In no way do the Annihilators reflect my opinions, in fact I am totally against almost every single policy they enact.
I support insanely high tax rates, do you?

I honestly really like to write issues.

Proud member of The Anti Democracy League

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:11 am

Annihilators of Chan Island wrote:
Australian rePublic wrote:Thanks. How about I change it to "only male hare" and add high primativenes

Thanks!

Another thing that occurs to me, the third speaker could be even more absurd by actually having more. Like that he infamously shot, stabbed and then threw Gregory into a river. Then you could have him rave about how he must be possessed because nobody could possibly be so tough.

She was supposed to be a reference to Khionya Guseva, but I guess I could make that clearer

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:16 am

Annihilators of Chan Island wrote:
Australian rePublic wrote:Thanks. How about I change it to "only male hare" and add high primativenes

Thanks!

Fixed

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012

Postby Trotterdam » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:31 am

Australian rePublic wrote:Because if the society was extremely patriarchal, there would probably be a rule in the religious book's holy text prohibiting it
Victorian-era England had fairly patriarchal social mores, despite there happening to be a woman on the throne. Or, you know, Joan of Arc. It's easier to give one famous person a special exemption from the rules than to completely rework your social structure.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:18 pm

Trotterdam wrote:
Australian rePublic wrote:Because if the society was extremely patriarchal, there would probably be a rule in the religious book's holy text prohibiting it
Victorian-era England had fairly patriarchal social mores, despite there happening to be a woman on the throne. Or, you know, Joan of Arc. It's easier to give one famous person a special exemption from the rules than to completely rework your social structure.

Yea but key word here, exception...

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Postby Trotterdam » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:03 am

Australian rePublic wrote:Yea but key word here, exception...
Right. So you can safely assume important NPCs in a patriarchy are male, but @@LEADER@@ might be the exception. That's player autonomy.

And even a male @@LEADER@@ might still be unmarried, mind you.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:18 am

Trotterdam wrote:
Australian rePublic wrote:Yea but key word here, exception...
Right. So you can safely assume important NPCs in a patriarchy are male, but @@LEADER@@ might be the exception. That's player autonomy.

Wait, what were we arguing about again?

And even a male @@LEADER@@ might still be unmarried, mind you.

Okay, but what were we arguing about again?

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Postby Trotterdam » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:32 am

We are arguing about this:
Chan Island wrote:As for the options, I enjoy them (especially with how well you integrate song lyrics) but again they doth prosume a lot. How do we know this patriarchy doesn't happen to have a female leader? And what if leader isn't married? My suggestion is again to make it vaguer. But keep the lyrics as much as you can, they are very nicely done. :D
Which is based on this:
Australian rePublic wrote:"He's also the lover of the @@DENONYMADJECTIVE@@ queen, you're wife!"

Chan Island
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Chan Island » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:43 am

This is reading much better already.

The problem is still the line where it says Gregory is the lover of the @@DENONYM@@ queen... just leave it at that. Since your validity already has a monarchy in it, we know the nations that will get this may plausibly have a queen, but it's vague as to who it might be. And that way it might be funny if the person is playing as the nation's queen :p
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=513597&p=39401766#p39401766
Conserative Morality wrote:"It's not time yet" is a tactic used by reactionaries in every era. "It's not time for democracy, it's not time for capitalism, it's not time for emancipation." Of course it's not time. It's never time, not on its own. You make it time. If you're under fire in the no-man's land of WW1, you start digging a foxhole even if the ideal time would be when you *aren't* being bombarded, because once you wait for it to be 'time', other situations will need your attention, assuming you survive that long. If the fields aren't furrowed, plow them. If the iron is not hot, make it so. If society is not ready, change it.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?