NATION

PASSWORD

NationStates issue results

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Trotterdam
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9713
Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Trotterdam » Sat May 09, 2020 3:24 pm

Oh right. I had forgotten that #1338 has an option I hadn't assigned yet :)

User avatar
The Technocratia
Civil Servant
 
Posts: 6
Founded: May 09, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Technocratia » Sat May 09, 2020 6:02 pm

I have an issue here, according to Issue #1133 Rocky Road, whilst it shows that the Industry of Information Technology increases by the first option (mean +14.0478), the first option I've clicked all of sudden decreased by a large margin, which has confused me a lot as to why it has done so. Is there an explanation via this?

User avatar
SherpDaWerp
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1350
Founded: Mar 02, 2016
Libertarian Police State

Postby SherpDaWerp » Sat May 09, 2020 7:29 pm

The Technocratia wrote:I have an issue here, according to Issue #1133 Rocky Road, whilst it shows that the Industry of Information Technology increases by the first option (mean +14.0478), the first option I've clicked all of sudden decreased by a large margin, which has confused me a lot as to why it has done so. Is there an explanation via this?

1. This tool is a guide - it is not a definitive guarantee of how stats will change.
2. The given data for stat movement is "-123.71 to +430.89 Industry: Information Technology (mean +14.0478)" so there is clearly a possibility that the stat will go downwards from this issue
3. This link tells me that your Information Technology industry hasn't actually decreased, at least not by a significant amount.

User avatar
Ard al Islam
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1028
Founded: Apr 14, 2019
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ard al Islam » Mon May 18, 2020 12:49 pm

Not all heroes wear capes

User avatar
Braule
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 21
Founded: Mar 03, 2020
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Braule » Tue May 26, 2020 7:16 pm

This is so helpful!

User avatar
TalAkMaChen
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 422
Founded: Sep 04, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby TalAkMaChen » Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:51 am

1341,1
it isn't only obsequious grandees who produce a lot of manure at state occasions

User avatar
War Dogs WA
Civilian
 
Posts: 1
Founded: Mar 20, 2020
Father Knows Best State

Postby War Dogs WA » Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:31 am

TalAkMaChen wrote:
Trotterdam wrote:The other option that might qualify is #1168 3. However, I've somehow acquired exactly one data point on that (which shouldn't be possible if it's really WA-exclusive, as I've assumed it probably is, unless there's a glitch), so I'm not sure what's up. At the same time, the rest of the issue also has unusually few data points (which also suggests a narrow validity, possibly was-in-the-WA-and-left or possibly something else), but not quite as few as that one option. So it could be anything at this point.


Ah! Indeed I noticed that option 3 missing in my list. So it might be for other long-lost options (like 910.3 or 1206.2) .. for that case I now created a WA nation, maybe I'll catch any of those exclusive issues.



Strange enough, I received 1168 here at this WA nation and still don't see option 3. WA-Membership seems not the only validity check. However, since the outcome includes a resign from the WA, there may still be more, i.e. "has X endorsements" or something completely else.

User avatar
Tinhampton
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10064
Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Anarchy

Postby Tinhampton » Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:52 pm

Issue #514 was originally called "A Pound of Flesh"; Issue #638 was also originally called "Please, @@LEADER@@, We Want Something More". You have the new names of these issues recorded, but not the old names (which you have logged for #66, #198, #370, #409, and #1131).
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 319,372): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607
Other achievements: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; possibly very controversial; *author of the most popular WA resolution ever
Who am I, really? 46yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate; currently reading nothing much

User avatar
Trotterdam
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9713
Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Trotterdam » Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:44 am

Thank you, added.

Actually, according to the original report, it should be "I", not "We". Candlewhisper Archive said it was changed because "the previous title was too similar to a previously used one", I'm guessing #430 Easter Egg: Please, Sir, We Want Some More Issues.

And now that I think about it, this probably explains the name change on #514 too, which is very similar to #311 Victims Demand Their Pound of Flesh.

Maybe the similarity was the reason why I originally didn't consider these names worth entering? Well, whatever, they're listed now (or will be at the next website update).

User avatar
TalAkMaChen
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 422
Founded: Sep 04, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby TalAkMaChen » Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:20 am

Wow, this went back to page 9 of all posts here...

Anyhow, #1348,5:
above @@NAME@@ there is only sky and the fear of the unknown

User avatar
Ameiriqua
Civilian
 
Posts: 1
Founded: Jul 19, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Ameiriqua » Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:21 pm

This is a great resource, big thanks! By the way, I've got issue #1354 concerning animal rights and was wondering if there's any preliminary numbers on results for it.

User avatar
Westinor
Diplomat
 
Posts: 751
Founded: Feb 15, 2020
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Westinor » Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:32 pm

Ameiriqua wrote:This is a great resource, big thanks! By the way, I've got issue #1354 concerning animal rights and was wondering if there's any preliminary numbers on results for it.


Oh, this is slightly unrelated to your query, but that issue hasn't been reported yet, far as I know. You should go to the Nationstates Issues List above and report it there!

In a (sort of) answer to your question, that's a fairly new issue and was probably added in to the game very recently, maybe even today. That may be why there aren't any numbers yet - trot's site updates every day, I think, so wait for that if you'd like.
Authorship - Things I've written!

Stay safe, wear a mask, and have a great day! :)

User avatar
Trotterdam
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9713
Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Trotterdam » Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:49 pm

I've definitely seen some effect lines that look like they could have something to do with animal rights, and my database will have already started collecting information on those lines' results. However, I can't assign them to any issue or option number until I've actually seen the issue and what order its options are it. Post the issue to the spoiler thread, and I can probably take things from there.

Incidentally, I think it's this issue, but again, without seeing how the issue has been changed in editing, I can't be sure of the option numbering. The best I could tell you right now is along the lines of "choosing one of the options can raise your <stat>, but I'm not sure which one", which is just about useless.

...Incidentally, I should probably check if it's still a chain issue as the draft thread suggests...

User avatar
TalAkMaChen
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 422
Founded: Sep 04, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby TalAkMaChen » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:50 am

I believe the order of #1347 is wrong. At NormanJackson I am pretty sure I checked in the first option and it was not the 250 square foot line but the Small Council one. That also fits the text as it is about fewer fiefs ruling after the "accidents" of many nobles.

User avatar
Trotterdam
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9713
Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Trotterdam » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:23 pm

TalAkMaChen wrote:I believe the order of #1347 is wrong. At NormanJackson I am pretty sure I checked in the first option and it was not the 250 square foot line but the Small Council one. That also fits the text as it is about fewer fiefs ruling after the "accidents" of many nobles.
Fixed.

I think I completely misunderstood the pun in "Small Council".

User avatar
Adamentem
Civilian
 
Posts: 1
Founded: Jul 10, 2020
Free-Market Paradise

Postby Adamentem » Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:34 pm

Hey I just restarted NS after finding this but I noticed in the past couple days all the stats for average incomes seems to have been erased? Anyone know why this might be or if it's something wrong on my end?

User avatar
Trotterdam
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9713
Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Trotterdam » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:06 am

Adamentem wrote:Hey I just restarted NS after finding this but I noticed in the past couple days all the stats for average incomes seems to have been erased? Anyone know why this might be or if it's something wrong on my end?
That's because of this / this.

The presentation of Average Income of Rich has recently been changed (and was temporarily bugged in the meantime), so I had to nuke it. I cleared the other average-income-related stats while I was at it just to be safe.
Last edited by Trotterdam on Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Awesomeland012345
Envoy
 
Posts: 350
Founded: Nov 01, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Awesomeland012345 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:23 pm

I know you had to nuke the income results, but how come no results come up for this issue? Are the only stats that change income?

EDIT: I just answered the issue and there were no stat changes whatsoever. I'm guessing that may be why I don't see anything there.
Last edited by Awesomeland012345 on Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
☆ All hail the Holy Awesomeness of Awesomeland012345! ☆ Cheddar

The founder and delegate of Cheddar Dispatches alllll haiillll the tunaaaa Become a dual citizen today! Join Cheddar! :) pls pls pls Take a poll! shh... secret easter eggs!

User avatar
Trotterdam
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9713
Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Trotterdam » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:41 am

Awesomeland012345 wrote:I know you had to nuke the income results, but how come no results come up for this issue? Are the only stats that change income?

EDIT: I just answered the issue and there were no stat changes whatsoever. I'm guessing that may be why I don't see anything there.
Yeah, that isue doesn't seem to change stats. I have over a dozen data points for all other census scores and they all say zero. Average Income almost certainly doesn't change either, but due to the recent purge, my code doesn't know that for certain, so it errs on the side of caution.

Keep in mind that the site explicitly reports unknown effect, so any score not listed as unknown is in fact known (with at least one data point, but usually more) to not change.

User avatar
TalAkMaChen
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 422
Founded: Sep 04, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby TalAkMaChen » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:19 am

I saw it still unlisted... #1355,2 is
commuters and their desktops both bemoan their hard drives

User avatar
Rocain Founder
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 156
Founded: Aug 01, 2020
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Rocain Founder » Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:38 am

I believe I've found a slight error. The issue name for #49 is not "Diving for Bits". It is "Diving for @@CURRENCYPLURAL@@".

Even though it's a bit of trivia, I thought I should mention it.

User avatar
Trotterdam
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9713
Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Trotterdam » Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:50 am

Rocain Founder wrote:I believe I've found a slight error. The issue name for #49 is not "Diving for Bits". It is "Diving for @@CURRENCYPLURAL@@".

Even though it's a bit of trivia, I thought I should mention it.
Thanks. I absolutely do want to hear nitpicks like this, and it'll be fixed in the next update.

User avatar
The Great Imperator Jeffrey
Envoy
 
Posts: 343
Founded: Jun 23, 2018
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Great Imperator Jeffrey » Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:26 am

I have Issue 1318 "Blitzed" right now. And I am wondering how it might affect my policies if I drug my soldiers. Anyone know if it affects the No Drugs policy?
The Empire is ruled by God-Imperator Jeffrey the Conqueror of Universes, Rightful Ruler of All, and Supreme Leader for All Eternity. The God-Imperator has control over a significant portion of the multiverse. Everyone is oppressed.
A Class 0.143 Civilization according to this index.
(Tier: 14 Type: 14)

Technology Level: FFT
Alignment: Lawful Evil

✠ (Put this in your Signature if you are a Fascist Nation!)
_[' ]_
(-_Q)
If you support capitalism, put this in your signature.
♂Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know men and women aren't the same.♀

Many aspects of this nation reflect my political beliefs, but highly exaggerated.

NS stats are a conspiracy against me.

HAIL THE IMPERATOR!
Imperial News Network: 15372583893 galaxies have been conquered today.

User avatar
Trotterdam
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9713
Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Trotterdam » Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:27 am

The Great Imperator Jeffrey wrote:I have Issue 1318 "Blitzed" right now. And I am wondering how it might affect my policies if I drug my soldiers. Anyone know if it affects the No Drugs policy?
No Drugs appears to be a pseudo-policy based on your country's numerical drug rights, and so it won't be reliably set or cleared. However, option 3-6 (all variants of the same option, you'll only see one) lowers drug rights and so will sometimes set No Drugs if they get lowered enough, while option 7 (the last one) will raise drug rights, seemingly enough to always remove the No Drugs policy. (It's also listed as rarely adding the No Drugs policy, but that's due to a known bug only relevant to very new nations. Though even with the known bug I don't understand how it can do that without ever just leaving No Drugs on when it already was.)

Options 1 and 2, which only affect heavily-regulated drug use in the military and not drug use by civilians, do not appear to affect drug rights.

User avatar
The Great Imperator Jeffrey
Envoy
 
Posts: 343
Founded: Jun 23, 2018
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Great Imperator Jeffrey » Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:40 am

Trotterdam wrote:
The Great Imperator Jeffrey wrote:I have Issue 1318 "Blitzed" right now. And I am wondering how it might affect my policies if I drug my soldiers. Anyone know if it affects the No Drugs policy?
No Drugs appears to be a pseudo-policy based on your country's numerical drug rights, and so it won't be reliably set or cleared. However, option 3-6 (all variants of the same option, you'll only see one) lowers drug rights and so will sometimes set No Drugs if they get lowered enough, while option 7 (the last one) will raise drug rights, seemingly enough to always remove the No Drugs policy. (It's also listed as rarely adding the No Drugs policy, but that's due to a known bug only relevant to very new nations. Though even with the known bug I don't understand how it can do that without ever just leaving No Drugs on when it already was.)

Options 1 and 2, which only affect heavily-regulated drug use in the military and not drug use by civilians, do not appear to affect drug rights.

Thanks!
The Empire is ruled by God-Imperator Jeffrey the Conqueror of Universes, Rightful Ruler of All, and Supreme Leader for All Eternity. The God-Imperator has control over a significant portion of the multiverse. Everyone is oppressed.
A Class 0.143 Civilization according to this index.
(Tier: 14 Type: 14)

Technology Level: FFT
Alignment: Lawful Evil

✠ (Put this in your Signature if you are a Fascist Nation!)
_[' ]_
(-_Q)
If you support capitalism, put this in your signature.
♂Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know men and women aren't the same.♀

Many aspects of this nation reflect my political beliefs, but highly exaggerated.

NS stats are a conspiracy against me.

HAIL THE IMPERATOR!
Imperial News Network: 15372583893 galaxies have been conquered today.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Advertisement

Remove ads