NATION

PASSWORD

Schoolarize NationStates

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Palos Heights
Envoy

Founded: Apr 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Palos Heights » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:32 am

The Glorious Third Reign of Templedom wrote:
Caracasus wrote:...

As a free netizen of the internet I invoke my natural(?) right of skeptism.

It's spelled skepticism.
Silence means approval, so speak up for what matters or your voice will go unheard.

Chan Island
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Chan Island » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:29 am

The Glorious Third Reign of Templedom wrote:
Caracasus wrote:...

As a free netizen of the internet I invoke my natural(?) right of skeptism.

In all honesty Freemasons are deathly boring. There's a Freemason museum in my city which I visited one time... yeah, the entire thing was a bunch of ribbons and pictures of WW1 soldiers who happened to be Freemasons. Plus 10 or so old men harassing me about joining. Hilariously going silent when I explained to them that I failed the one requirement they had, which is that I have no belief in any kind of a God. After that they looked at me with a mix of suspicion and horror I have really not seen anywhere else.
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=513597&p=39401766#p39401766
Conserative Morality wrote:"It's not time yet" is a tactic used by reactionaries in every era. "It's not time for democracy, it's not time for capitalism, it's not time for emancipation." Of course it's not time. It's never time, not on its own. You make it time. If you're under fire in the no-man's land of WW1, you start digging a foxhole even if the ideal time would be when you *aren't* being bombarded, because once you wait for it to be 'time', other situations will need your attention, assuming you survive that long. If the fields aren't furrowed, plow them. If the iron is not hot, make it so. If society is not ready, change it.

Previous

Return to Got Issues?