NATION

PASSWORD

[SUBMITTED] Soft Power

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

[SUBMITTED] Soft Power

Postby Fauxia » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:26 pm

[description]Your workaholic Finance Minister arrived five minutes late this morning, the first time you have ever seen @@HIM@@ late before. Apparently, @@HE@@ purchased the new mattress from Vikea, the "Artificial Kitten", heralded as the world’s most comfortable piece of furniture. Infuriated, @@HE@@ blames the mattress for @@HIS@@ tardiness.

[validity]must have capitalism, must have a very good furniture restoration industry

[option]"That damned bed broke my streak of being on time!" fumes your Finance Minister, setting fire to your desk, which comes from Vikea. "It’s just way too comfortable for our own good! If a hard-working, productive @@DEMONYM@@ like me is seduced by its softness, surely the lazy bums most @@DEMONYMPLURAL@@ are will be! You must ban this mattress, and hold those Skandilundians in charge of Vikea responsible for attempting to weaken our economic ouput!"
[fallout]most @@DEMONYMPLURAL@@ find their floors far more comfortable than their beds

[option]"You just want to blame someone for your being late," claims a spokesman for Vikea, using an axe to chop a chair made by a competitor in half. "This bed is the most comfortable, most pleasing thing ever made. Banning the population from comfortable sleep is just cruel. If you subsidise this noble invention, @@LEADER@@, we can lower the prices so that the poorer can also partake in this beauty. I can also throw in a discounted one for my favorite government official."
[fallout]the 14-hour work day has been replaced by the 14-hour sleep day

[option]"This mattress sounds totally radical, just like my awesome ideas!" exclaims your enthusiastic young intern, while sipping an eckie-cola. "Why don’t we just, like, buy this thing for everyone and have people work from home? I know some Tasmanians we can get to do the physical stuff for us, at a discount. Just pay them, and everyone can enjoy the immeasurable softness of this mattress."
[fallout]an entire government department is tasked with figuring out how nurses can work from home
Last edited by Fauxia on Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013

Postby Australian rePublic » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:20 pm

Option 3 effect- an entire government department is tasked with figuring out how nurces can work froim home
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Fauxia
Senator

Postby Fauxia » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:25 am

Love it, Aussie, thanks.
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Candlewhisper Archive
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Aug 28, 2015
Anarchy

Postby Candlewhisper Archive » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:31 am

Nice issue this. Just on the wrong side of believable verisimilitude, but its sheer wacky humour and whimsical presentation justifies that deviation.

Nice to see you turning out issues that are good to go from the first draft.
editors like linguistic ambiguity more than most people

Sacara
Ambassador

Founded: May 13, 2014

Postby Sacara » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:38 am

I think this is a good addition to the Furniture Restoration industry, which lacks issues. I enjoy the commentary by the unseen narrator, too. It adds humor to the issue, which is a plus. The whole premise is funny. I don’t really understand the last part of Option one, when the Minister mentions “and hold those Skanilundians...responsible”. How is this going to happen? Maybe I’m just not grasping it. Otherwise, I like the issue. :clap:
The Spacefaring Federation of Sacara
I spend most of my time in the Got Issues? sub-forum.
Issues That I've Authored (15)
Commended by SC #382
"Our Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you" - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Fauxia
Senator

Postby Fauxia » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:30 pm

Sacara wrote:I think this is a good addition to the Furniture Restoration industry, which lacks issues. I enjoy the commentary by the unseen narrator, too. It adds humor to the issue, which is a plus. The whole premise is funny. I don’t really understand the last part of Option one, when the Minister mentions “and hold those Skanilundians...responsible”. How is this going to happen? Maybe I’m just not grasping it. Otherwise, I like the issue. :clap:
Presumably, the Skandilundians in charge live in @@NAME@@.

Candlewhisper Archive wrote:Nice issue this. Just on the wrong side of believable verisimilitude, but its sheer wacky humour and whimsical presentation justifies that deviation.

Nice to see you turning out issues that are good to go from the first draft.

Thanks CWA!

Well then, bumping this right here. I'll give it some time, if it's agreed that it's ready to go, I'll go ahead and submit this.

Fauxia
Senator

Postby Fauxia » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:03 am

Last call?

Sacara
Ambassador

Founded: May 13, 2014

Postby Sacara » Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:10 am

Remove the comma after “Minister” in the description. Otherwise, looks good.
The Spacefaring Federation of Sacara
I spend most of my time in the Got Issues? sub-forum.
Issues That I've Authored (15)
Commended by SC #382
"Our Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you" - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Chan Island
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Chan Island » Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:40 am

It's a very good draft and am looking forward to this if it got implemented. :p
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=513597&p=39401766#p39401766
Conserative Morality wrote:"It's not time yet" is a tactic used by reactionaries in every era. "It's not time for democracy, it's not time for capitalism, it's not time for emancipation." Of course it's not time. It's never time, not on its own. You make it time. If you're under fire in the no-man's land of WW1, you start digging a foxhole even if the ideal time would be when you *aren't* being bombarded, because once you wait for it to be 'time', other situations will need your attention, assuming you survive that long. If the fields aren't furrowed, plow them. If the iron is not hot, make it so. If society is not ready, change it.

Fauxia
Senator

Postby Fauxia » Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:23 pm

Sacara wrote:Remove the comma after “Minister” in the description. Otherwise, looks good.

Good catch, I think it’s a holdover from when I gave the Minister a name there.

Fauxia
Senator

Postby Fauxia » Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:57 pm

Submitted

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013

Postby Australian rePublic » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:55 pm

Good luck
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Jutsa
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 06, 2015
Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:51 pm

I haven't read this, but I've seen some good comments in addition to knowing you, so I have upmost faith in you.

Still, good luck anyways. :)
You're welcome to telegram me any questions you have of the game. Unless I've CTE'd (ceased to exist) - then you physically can't do that.

Helpful* Got Issues? Links (Not Pinned In Forum) *mostly: >List of Issue-Related Lists | >Personal List of Issue Ideas | >List of Known Missing Issues/Options |
>Trotterdam's Issue Results/Policies Tracker | >Val's Bonus Stats | >Fauzjhia's Easter Egg Guide | >My Joke Drafts List | >Sherp's Author Rankings

Other Nifty Links: >Best-Ranked Useful Dispatches | >NSindex | >IA's WA Proposal Office | >Major Discord Links | >Trivia | >Cards Against NS | >Polls

"Remember, licking doorknobs is perfectly legal on other planets." - Ja Luıñaí

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?