NATION

PASSWORD

[SUBMITTED] Buffing Up Our Hospitals

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Palos Heights
Envoy

Founded: Apr 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

[SUBMITTED] Buffing Up Our Hospitals

Postby Palos Heights » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:50 am

This one should be self-explanatory.
Feedback welcome!

[title] Buffing Up Hospitals

[validity] Nation must have Nudism policy active (banning clothing)

[desc] A multidisciplinary mob of healthcare professionals has swarmed into your office in regards to the ban on clothing and how it's affecting the healthcare system in @@NAME@@.

[Option 1] Out-of-breath pharmacist Merry Penem, PharmD is the first to speak up after catching his breath, "I can't do it anymore, @@LEADER@@. I get that wearing clothing is illegal, but I cannot work like this anymore. I had a patient come in looking to get their eczema prescription compounded. Do you know what it was? Coal tar ointment. You ever compound with coal tar, @@LEADER@@? If you get it on your skin or clothing, it doesn't come out. I repeat, IT DOESN'T. COME. OUT. I slept on the couch for MONTHS. Just let some of us wear clothes, that's all. That's all, @@LEADER@@." Merry then proceeds to curl up into a ball amidst his mental breakdown.

[Fallout 1] the clinically and criminally insane can be identified by their court-mandated wearing of pants

[Option 2] Comforting Dr. Penem is world-renowned cardiologist DJ Oxen, MD. "Can't you see the effect that this ban on clothing has on us, @@LEADER@@? To say that the absence of clothing has a negative impact on our job performance is nothing compared to the negative impact it has on our patients outcomes. For example, it is utterly impossible to properly focus on saving a patients life during a code when you are jam-packed in a tight hospital room with 15-20 other naked individuals. Don't even get me started on treating patients suffering from Clostridium difficile colitis. Reverse the ban on clothing, @@LEADER@@, for our patients sake."

[Fallout 2] Taco-Tuesday has become a day of infamy after being blamed for the return of clothing; Nudism policy reversed

[Option 3] Following Dr. Oxen is Roby Tussin, RN. "Okay, so while reversing the ban on clothing might have that hunk Dr. DJ looking DJ-Fab, the problem isn't as bad as you might think. Sure the rooms can get cramped whenever someone is coding, but that doesn't mean that we can let our dangly bits distract us when we're cheek-to-cheek saving lives! If anything, it just means that we need more funding for our hospitals so we can have larger patient rooms. In fact, if you let me use your pen I can help you write up the spending bill right now!"

[Fallout 3] @@NAME@@ spends twice its healthcare budget on replacing stolen pens
Last edited by Palos Heights on Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:47 am, edited 3 times in total.
Silence means approval, so speak up for what matters or your voice will go unheard.

Palos Heights
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Palos Heights » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:18 am

Bumperino
Silence means approval, so speak up for what matters or your voice will go unheard.

Candensia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 20, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Candensia » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:59 am

Palos Heights wrote:[Option 1] Out of breath pharmacist Merry Penem, PharmD is the first to speak up after catching his breath, "I can't do it anymore, @@LEADER@@. I get that wearing clothing is illegal, but I cannot work like this anymore. I had a patient come in looking to get their eczema prescription filled. Do you know what it was for? Coal tar ointment to be compounded. You ever compound with coal tar, @@LEADER@@? If you get it on you, it doesn't come out. I repeat, IT DOESN'T. COME. OUT. I slept on the couch for MONTHS. Just let some of us wear clothes, that's all. That's all, @@LEADER@@." Merry then proceeds to curl up into a ball amidst his mental breakdown.

[Fallout 1] the clinically and criminally insane can be identified by their court-mandated wearing of pants

Due to the fact that ive only drafted one issue on this forum, my experience is quite limited. But, I do have some feedback for you.

First off, option 1 REALLY gave me a good laugh. However, I may have noticed something.

Palos Heights wrote: Do you know what it was for? Coal tar ointment to be compounded.

I believe that this group of sentences would flow better if, following “Do you know what it was for?” The response is just “Coal tar ointment.” I believe that is how you intended to write that particular part, in any case.

Very humourous so far.
The Free Joy State wrote:Time spent working on writing skills -- even if the draft doesn't work -- is never wasted.

Palos Heights
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Palos Heights » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:28 pm

Candensia wrote:
Palos Heights wrote:[Option 1] Out of breath pharmacist Merry Penem, PharmD is the first to speak up after catching his breath, "I can't do it anymore, @@LEADER@@. I get that wearing clothing is illegal, but I cannot work like this anymore. I had a patient come in looking to get their eczema prescription filled. Do you know what it was for? Coal tar ointment to be compounded. You ever compound with coal tar, @@LEADER@@? If you get it on you, it doesn't come out. I repeat, IT DOESN'T. COME. OUT. I slept on the couch for MONTHS. Just let some of us wear clothes, that's all. That's all, @@LEADER@@." Merry then proceeds to curl up into a ball amidst his mental breakdown.

Due to the fact that ive only drafted one issue on this forum, my experience is quite limited. But, I do have some feedback for you.

First off, option 1 REALLY gave me a good laugh. However, I may have noticed something.

Palos Heights wrote: Do you know what it was for? Coal tar ointment to be compounded.

I believe that this group of sentences would flow better if, following “Do you know what it was for?” The response is just “Coal tar ointment.” I believe that is how you intended to write that particular part, in any case.

Very humourous so far.

You are entirely right! I'll fix that wording right now. Thanks for the feedback! And looking forward to more of your drafts too!

He Qixin
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 28, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby He Qixin » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:17 am

I agree with Candensia here, but maybe add a full stop after 'IT'? That would not only flow better and would also add more humour to the option too. :p Would you look forward to more of my drafts too? (No jealousy) Sorry for being so mean to you earlier. :)
Last edited by He Qixin on Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:21 am, edited 3 times in total.
jacknjellify wrote:Watch Battle For Dream Island or be eliminated.

According to this index, this civilization is:
Tier: 8
Level: 5
Type: 6
A 9 civilization because I lean more towards it.

This nation is always used to post in the forums unless the forum is the WA, for which I use Triangle and Square, a WA member, to post.

Palos Heights
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Palos Heights » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:08 am

He Qixin wrote:I agree with Candensia here, but maybe add a full stop after 'IT'? That would not only flow better and would also add more humour to the option too. :p Would you look forward to more of my drafts too? (No jealousy) Sorry for being so mean to you earlier. :)

I thought about it and even had it there initially. I found though that saying it out-loud, that not having the full stop after IT added freneticism and tension to the way that they were speaking."IT (pause) DOESNT (pause) COME (pause) OUT" sounds very different from "IT DOESNT (pause) COME (pause) OUT". The first one is very structured whereas the second one sounds more like someone who is having a mental breakdown. At least, that's what it sounds like to me!

And I have been keeping an eye on yours! Typically most of my points get brought up by others before I get a chance to do so so I stay quiet in that regard. I'll still keep an eye out though because you asked. And no problem.

Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016

Postby Fauxia » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:13 pm

I think there should be a comma after breath in option 1.

Also, any chance maybe you should come up with a funny particular health concern in the description?
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Palos Heights
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Palos Heights » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:17 pm

Fauxia wrote:I think there should be a comma after breath in option 1.

Also, any chance maybe you should come up with a funny particular health concern in the description?

If I'm using out of breath as a descriptor it would not need a comma there.

Also the general idea behind the description isn't something that a single health concern is going to dictate.

If you're climbing on top of a morbidly obese patient to perform CPR because the patient is crashing after being involved in a car accident, it's going to be problematic if the staff is nude.

If a patient currently has a highly infectious disease that is spread by body fluids, treating them while in the buff is going to be problematic.

From a pure sterility standpoint, just being naked in a room while compounding is going to introduce particulates and other contaminants into the environment just because of dust, hair, and dead skin cells that are brushed off of our bodies through normal mechanical movements.

So a single "funny" health concern isn't going to form the crux of the issue.

Besides, I already mentioned C.diff ;).

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013

Postby Australian rePublic » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:45 pm

I'd like to hear from someone who lives in the cold cold moutains
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Palos Heights
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Palos Heights » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:57 am

Australian rePublic wrote:I'd like to hear from someone who lives in the cold cold moutains

I'm not really sure that's necessary to be honest. This isn't an issue focusing on anyone who has to deal with nudity, but more specifically, this issue is focusing on how the health care system has many places where nudity can cause immense problems.

If this was an issue where anyone could complain about the lack of clothing, sure. But that's not the case here.

Palos Heights
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Palos Heights » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:07 pm

Bump

Palos Heights
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Palos Heights » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:56 pm

Last call for feedback!

Palos Heights
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Palos Heights » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:48 am

Submitted!

Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016

Postby Fauxia » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:11 pm

Good luck.
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Candensia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 20, 2017

Postby Candensia » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:14 pm

Palos Heights wrote:Submitted!

Good luck, Palos Heights!
The Free Joy State wrote:Time spent working on writing skills -- even if the draft doesn't work -- is never wasted.

Jutsa
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 06, 2015
Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:03 pm

aw, I never even took a look at this.

Good luck, Palos Heights. :)
You're welcome to telegram me any questions you have of the game. Unless I've CTE'd (ceased to exist) - then you physically can't do that.

Helpful* Got Issues? Links (Not Pinned In Forum) *mostly: >List of Issue-Related Lists | >Personal List of Issue Ideas | >List of Known Missing Issues/Options |
>Trotterdam's Issue Results/Policies Tracker | >Val's Bonus Stats | >Fauzjhia's Easter Egg Guide | >My Joke Drafts List | >Sherp's Author Rankings

Other Nifty Links: >Best-Ranked Useful Dispatches | >NSindex | >IA's WA Proposal Office | >Major Discord Links | >Trivia | >Cards Against NS | >Polls

"Remember, licking doorknobs is perfectly legal on other planets." - Ja Luıñaí

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?