NATION

PASSWORD

[JOKE] To pea or not tok pea

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

[JOKE] To pea or not tok pea

Postby Australian rePublic » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:14 pm

] To Pea or Not Pea? (JOKE)

[desc] A study into the nation's obesity figures has shown that parents can't get their kids to eat green vegetables, such as peas. Suddenly, you find yourself surrounded by various people with various proposals
[validity] High obesity rate, joke issue will not be published, must not be vegan

[option] “All I am saying is give peas a chance,” sings popular children’s entertainer, known by his stage name John Lemon, “@@LEADER@@, I could write a song about how yummy peas and broccoli are! And you can turn it into a national commercial. You’ll just need to pay me a few royalties every time it airs!”
[effect] “peas and broccoli” is a new smash hit

[option] “Or you can try some actual parenting,” suggests childless commentator @@RANDOMNAME@@, “When I was kid, my mum gave me vegetables for dinner, and if I didn't eat them, I went hungry! Kids these days are spoilt brats who think they can get away with anything. I say parents should be forced to smack their kids if they don't eat their veggies!”
[effect] children often associate chocolate with spanking

[option] “But I want ice cream for dinner!” yells 4 year old @@RANDOMNAME@@, whilst lying on the floor, kicking and screaming, “I want ice cream for dinner! I want ice cream for dinner! I want ice cream for dinner!”
[effect] chocolate fudge sundaes have replaced Sunday roasts
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Jutsa
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 06, 2015
Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:21 pm

:bow:
You're welcome to telegram me any questions you have of the game. Unless I've CTE'd (ceased to exist) - then you physically can't do that.

Helpful* Got Issues? Links (Not Pinned In Forum) *mostly: >List of Issue-Related Lists | >Personal List of Issue Ideas | >List of Known Missing Issues/Options |
>Trotterdam's Issue Results/Policies Tracker | >Val's Bonus Stats | >Fauzjhia's Easter Egg Guide | >My Joke Drafts List | >Sherp's Author Rankings

Other Nifty Links: >Best-Ranked Useful Dispatches | >NSindex | >IA's WA Proposal Office | >Major Discord Links | >Trivia | >Cards Against NS | >Polls

"Remember, licking doorknobs is perfectly legal on other planets." - Ja Luıñaí

Anexora
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 23, 2018
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Anexora » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:35 pm

The lack of a corporation named "Rest In Peas" is making me uncomfortable.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=\♦/=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Administrator Orra Relixia
ORWELL ADMINISTRATION FOUNDER
..ANEXORAN ANTHEM________||________ANEXORAN POLICIES
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=/♦\=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
DISTRICT 0 HEADLINER: MINISEC : Administrator Orra Relixia wovs to "Walk up into Maxtopia and slap their president's **** up" should they extend the cross-national quiz above 400 questions. -April 2nd / 2019

Drayxaso
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Drayxaso » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:41 pm

"But I want ice cream for dinner!" is a master stroke.

Is it just me, or have there been a lot of joke drafts lately?

Jutsa
Negotiator

Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:47 pm

Oh yeah, especially a couple months ago.

Guess we're just not a very serious generation. :lol:
You're welcome to telegram me any questions you have of the game. Unless I've CTE'd (ceased to exist) - then you physically can't do that.

Helpful* Got Issues? Links (Not Pinned In Forum) *mostly: >List of Issue-Related Lists | >Personal List of Issue Ideas | >List of Known Missing Issues/Options |
>Trotterdam's Issue Results/Policies Tracker | >Val's Bonus Stats | >Fauzjhia's Easter Egg Guide | >My Joke Drafts List | >Sherp's Author Rankings

Other Nifty Links: >Best-Ranked Useful Dispatches | >NSindex | >IA's WA Proposal Office | >Major Discord Links | >Trivia | >Cards Against NS | >Polls

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013

Postby Australian rePublic » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:34 pm

Should I make this an actual issue?
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012

Postby Trotterdam » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:36 am

We already have issues about obesity and health food, including in children. We also already did the "give peas a chance" pun.

Jutsa
Negotiator

Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:48 am

It's still a really good joke draft, though, Aussie. ;)

I similarly would love to make an issue about overly happy people at some point,
but that's another one of those instances where I'm having trouble coming up with a reason why it could be a problem. :rofl:

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012

Postby Trotterdam » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:50 am

Jutsa wrote:I similarly would love to make an issue about overly happy people at some point,
but that's another one of those instances where I'm having trouble coming up with a reason why it could be a problem. :rofl:
Pessimists complaining that there are very real problems which need to be solved, which the overly-happy people aren't giving due attention?

Jutsa
Negotiator

Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:04 am

Eh, thinking about it, that's already sorta covered by that happiness vs. work issue. Good issue I might add. :lol:

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?