NATION

PASSWORD

[Submitted] A Panhandling Problem

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Divitalia
Envoy

Founded: Nov 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

[Submitted] A Panhandling Problem

Postby Divitalia » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:12 pm

Blue text indicates changes from the original draft.

[desc]
During one your regular walks through the streets of @@CAPITAL@@, you noticed that the number of panhandlers has sharply risen. Many annoyed passerby see you, and are asking you to do something about it.

[validity] Must have high income inequality, low welfare

[option 1]
A woman storms up to you, furious. “These panhandlers are filthy, horrible people! I just want to go about my day undisturbed, and these people are here on every street corner, begging me for my hard-earned cash. You must make panhandling illegal! Besides, I’ve heard most of these people aren’t really on the streets.
[fallout 1]people are arrested for asking if they can borrow a @@CURRENCY@@

[option 2]
A scraggly old man wearing a torn jacket saunters over to you. “It’s not like I enjoy begging for money; it’s quite embarrassing actually. If I only were to have a place to sleep and food to eat, I wouldn’t have to do this. Please, for us on the streets, pour some more funding into welfare. Those better off than I could use some more taxing anyway.”
[fallout 2]many frugal @@DENONYMPLURAL@@ abuse the nation’s new soup kitchens

[option 3]
A young man wearing green tights dashes over to you, followed by other similarly-dressed men. “My name is Robert Hood, and I think I have a solution to your problem. You see, me and my band of merry men can take some luxuries from the 1%, and give them to those who need it more! Of course, we’ll need to take a small amount of the goods for ourselves as payment.”
[fallout 3]many @@DENONYMPLURAL@@ have been found with stolen art from the @@CAPITAL@@ Museum.
Please give me any feedback you have. Thanks!
Last edited by Divitalia on Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:40 am, edited 6 times in total.

Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Fauxia » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:13 pm

We might have something similar...

I’m wondering if the “regular walk” thing is a player autonomy sin
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012

Postby Trotterdam » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:21 pm

Might be worth addressing something about "professional beggars" who deliberately pretend to be poor (by wearing raggy clothing and such) when they're in fact making a pretty good profit.

Divitalia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Divitalia » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:56 am

I’ll try to add that in when I update the draft.

Candlewhisper Archive
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Aug 28, 2015
Anarchy

Postby Candlewhisper Archive » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:35 am

In terms of something similar, I drafted on this topic a while ago:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=372080

However, its one of my least favourite drafts so I'm unlikely to self-publish it. Help yourself to anything you want from it.
editors like linguistic ambiguity more than most people

Divitalia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Divitalia » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:47 am

Candlewhisper Archive wrote:In terms of something similar, I drafted on this topic a while ago:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=372080

However, its one of my least favourite drafts so I'm unlikely to self-publish it. Help yourself to anything you want from it.

Thanks!

Divitalia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Divitalia » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:25 pm

*bump*

Divitalia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Divitalia » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:00 pm

I’d really like to get another bit of feedback or 2 before I make the next draft.

*bump*

Fauxia
Senator

Postby Fauxia » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:28 pm

Spice up fallout 3
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Divitalia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Divitalia » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:51 pm

Fauxia wrote:Spice up fallout 3

Updated.
Last edited by Divitalia on Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The 19th Century
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The 19th Century » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:49 am

#251 is a similar topic. Keep that in mind and make sure your issue is distinct from it.

Vulturret
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 23, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Vulturret » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:52 am

The 19th Century wrote:#251 is a similar topic. Keep that in mind and make sure your issue is distinct from it.

Agreed. Several things about begging people on the streets have been introduced as well lately. Try and find the most interesting and distinct thing possible.
Emperor of the Ragerian Imperium
Statsminister of Balder

Patriarch of House Griffin, High King of Domlar, King of Arin, King of Haggir, King of Don, King of Fola, Grand Duke of Jorn, High Patrician of Kola, Chieftain of the Amir, Warmaster of Alaan, Baselius of Tol, Samrat of Ayn, and Grand High Magistrate of Korrer
Member of the Storting of Balder
Styled Knight of Thor in Balder
Member of the Citizens' Assembly Advisory Board of Europeia
Minister of Culture of Europeia
Minister of Communications of Balder
Citizens' Assembly Chair of Europeia
Speaker of the Rejected Realms
Imperator of the Dark Vanquishers
Caliph of the Arabian Empire

Divitalia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Divitalia » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:39 pm

The 19th Century wrote:#251 is a similar topic. Keep that in mind and make sure your issue is distinct from it.

Thanks for the number. I’ll look it over and make some changes so this draft is different from it.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013

Postby Australian rePublic » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:23 am

Hello, not a bad little issue you got here. Now let's take a look:

Isn't option 3 a little too on-the-nose?
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Divitalia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Divitalia » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:12 am

Australian rePublic wrote:Hello, not a bad little issue you got here. Now let's take a look:

Isn't option 3 a little too on-the-nose?

What do you mean?

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby USS Monitor » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:17 am

I don't mind option 3. It's obviously a silly option, but you're not having a problem with the issue being too long, so there's room for a silly option.
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

Divitalia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Divitalia » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:55 am

*bump*

Fauxia
Senator

Postby Fauxia » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:32 pm

"Are asking you to do something about it" is very bland. Make it more funny, or else just cut it out.

Divitalia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Divitalia » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:09 pm

Fauxia wrote:"Are asking you to do something about it" is very bland. Make it more funny, or else just cut it out.

What if I put “are begging you to do something about it” as a pun?

Divitalia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Divitalia » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:34 pm

*sighs*

/bump

Jutsa
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 06, 2015
Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:09 pm

This one will be next on my list of things to tackle after I do Dolor Mortis's. :P
You're welcome to telegram me any questions you have of the game. Unless I've CTE'd (ceased to exist) - then you physically can't do that.

Helpful* Got Issues? Links (Not Pinned In Forum) *mostly: >List of Issue-Related Lists | >Personal List of Issue Ideas | >List of Known Missing Issues/Options |
>Trotterdam's Issue Results/Policies Tracker | >Val's Bonus Stats | >Fauzjhia's Easter Egg Guide | >My Joke Drafts List | >Sherp's Author Rankings

Other Nifty Links: >Best-Ranked Useful Dispatches | >NSindex | >IA's WA Proposal Office | >Major Discord Links | >Trivia | >Cards Against NS | >Polls

"Remember, licking doorknobs is perfectly legal on other planets." - Ja Luıñaí

Jutsa
Negotiator

Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:56 am

Well, uh, actually, the only thing I have to say is this:
The first word in an effect line should not be capitalized. It automatically is if you answer issues, but it isn't on a nation's homepage or activity feed.

I actually have no other qualms with this draft! It's simplistic, yes, but it really feels like it has an old-issue charm that I can't help but enjoy. :)

Some people might want a few things punched up, but I like it as-is.
You're welcome to telegram me any questions you have of the game. Unless I've CTE'd (ceased to exist) - then you physically can't do that.

Helpful* Got Issues? Links (Not Pinned In Forum) *mostly: >List of Issue-Related Lists | >Personal List of Issue Ideas | >List of Known Missing Issues/Options |
>Trotterdam's Issue Results/Policies Tracker | >Val's Bonus Stats | >Fauzjhia's Easter Egg Guide | >My Joke Drafts List | >Sherp's Author Rankings

Other Nifty Links: >Best-Ranked Useful Dispatches | >NSindex | >IA's WA Proposal Office | >Major Discord Links | >Trivia | >Cards Against NS | >Polls

Divitalia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Divitalia » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:14 pm

Jutsa wrote:Well, uh, actually, the only thing I have to say is this:
The first word in an effect line should not be capitalized. It automatically is if you answer issues, but it isn't on a nation's homepage or activity feed.

I actually have no other qualms with this draft! It's simplistic, yes, but it really feels like it has an old-issue charm that I can't help but enjoy. :)

Some people might want a few things punched up, but I like it as-is.

Wow, thanks! That means a lot coming from someone who has seen so many different issues.

Divitalia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Divitalia » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:50 pm

Added low welfare into the validity.

Jutsa
Negotiator

Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:05 pm

Wow, thanks! That means a lot coming from someone who has seen so many different issues.
Eheh, thanks, but don't get your hopes too high yet. Never know when someone might have an opposing opinion. :P

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?