NATION

PASSWORD

Largest increase after implementing "Stand Your Ground" laws

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
God Fearing Devoted
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 30, 2017
Corporate Police State

Largest increase after implementing "Stand Your Ground" laws

Postby God Fearing Devoted » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:23 pm

was nudity?! 7% at that. Civil rights went up too, but that makes perfect sense. Is it saying that because people watch themselves around people's homes, the owners feel comfortable being nude at home?
Last edited by God Fearing Devoted on Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kenmoria » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:14 am

God Fearing Devoted wrote:Was nudity?! 7% at that. Civil rights went up to, but that makes perfect sense. Is it saying that because people watch themselves around people's homes, the owners feel comfortable being nude at home?

That would actually make quite a lot of sense. If people feel more secure in their home, they might be more likely to be nude in it. Also, NationStates issues have some stats that change based upon other stats, even if there is no actual reason for it.
Hello! I’m a GAer and NS Roleplayer from the United Kingdom.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Trotterdam » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:44 pm

In game-mechanical terms, anything that increases or decreases Civil Rights has a minor secondary effect on Nudity (even in nations where Nudity is compulsory...), regardless of the exact civil right in question. Regarding the "minor" part, note that your Nudity is very low (currently 3.75, when the high end for nations without compulsory nudity tends to be just over 200, and nations with compulsory nudity exceed 1000), so 7% really isn't very much.

In narrative terms, what you suggested seems like an entirely reasonable rationalization.
God Fearing Devoted wrote:Is it saying that because people watch themselves around people's homes, the owners feel comfortable being nude at home?

Return to Got Issues?