NATION

PASSWORD

ISSUE IDEA: Brown Out-Not the electrical kind

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

ISSUE IDEA: Brown Out-Not the electrical kind

Postby Australian rePublic » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:54 pm

[title] Brown Out (Not the Electrical Kind)

[desc] @@NAME@@ was met with embarrassment last week, when the house of parliament played host to delegates from all around the world. An error on the invitation which said "attire optional" rather than "black tie optional" saw many delegates attend in the nude, but that paled in comparison to the bigger problem of the night- running out of toilet paper. A report into the incident discovered that 20% of all of the nation's timbre is used in toilet paper production. Advocates are now demanding that @@NAME@@ switch to bidets

[validity] adults only

[option] "Bidgets are a good idea," suggests @@RANDOMNAME@@, who sells plumbing supplies, "I read on Encyclowiki that bidets are better for your health, clean better and can save millions of trees, which provide oxygen and get rid of carbon dioxide. Isn't that a good thing? Also, if you had bidetsN this never would have happened! I say we force all bathrooms, public and private, to retrofit bidgets!"
[effect] thanks to bidets, drinking water is in high demand

[option] "Yea mate, but aren't you forgettin' something?" asks @@RANDOMNAME@@, the mayor of a desert city, "We got a drought out here. We already have water restrictions, we can't afford to waste more water on cleaning ourselves! Besides, who wants to use a yucky bowl that other people use? Toilet paper is much more hygienic!"
[effect] protestors unchain themselves from trees when they remember the benefits of toilet paper

[option] "Aren't we forgetting the real problem here?" asks @@RANDOMNAME@@, the deputy leader, "the idiots who arranged this event! Who cares about a few bloody trees, @@NAME@@ became a laughing stock because of this! And on top of that, they had to serve bloody curry! Do you remember that Maxtopian who sat on the chair in my office in the nude after not being able to wipe? **cringe** I say we find the idiots responsible for this and fire them!"
[effect] government interns are often fired for making double tall frothochinos hold the cream and extra milk with one sugar instead of double tall frothochinos hold the cream extra milk with 2 sugars
Last edited by Australian rePublic on Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:03 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016

Postby Fauxia » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:54 pm

Australian Republic wrote:[title] Brown Out (Not the Electrical Kind)
Is the “not the electrical” in the title? I don’t think it should, really.

[desc] @@NAME@@ was met with embarrassment last week, when the house of parliament played host to delegates from all around the world. An error on the invitation which said "attire optional" rather than "black tie optional" saw many delegates attend in the nude, but that paled in comparison to the bigger problem of the night- running out of toilet paper. A report into the incident discovered that 20% of all of the nation's timbre is used in toilet paper production. Advocates are now demanding that @@NAME@@ switch to bidets
The typo thing is funny, but should probably be removed. The description is a bit long.

[validity] adults only

[option] "Bidgets are a good idea,"[/quote]Bidet, not bidget
suggests @@RANDOMNAME@@, who sells plumbing supplies, "I read on Encyclowiki that bidets are better for your health, clean better and can save millions of trees, which provide oxygen and get rid of carbon dioxide. Isn't that a good thing? Also, if you had bidetsN
I don’t like the “also.” Sounds unprofessional. Also, :p what’s this random N?
this never would have happened! I say we force all bathrooms, public and private, to retrofit bidgets!"
[effect] thanks to bidets, drinking water is in high demand
It’s a bidet, at the end of the option. The fallout’s a bit dry.

[option] "Yea mate, but aren't you forgettin' something?" asks @@RANDOMNAME@@, the mayor of a desert city, "We got a drought out here.
The hell? Says who?!
We already have water restrictions, we can't afford to waste more water on cleaning ourselves! Besides, who wants to use a yucky bowl that other people use? Toilet paper is much more hygienic!"
[effect] protestors unchain themselves from trees when they remember the benefits of toilet paper

[option] "Aren't we forgetting the real problem here?" asks @@RANDOMNAME@@, the deputy leader, "the idiots who arranged this event! Who cares about a few bloody trees, @@NAME@@ became a laughing stock because of this! And on top of that, they had to serve bloody curry! Do you remember that Maxtopian who sat on the chair in my office in the nude after not being able to wipe? **cringe** I say we find the idiots responsible for this and fire them!"
As I said, the nude thing should probably go, but to make the cut, this option should be more flamboyant
[effect] government interns are often fired for making double tall frothochinos hold the cream and extra milk with one sugar instead of double tall frothochinos hold the cream extra milk with 2 sugars
Funny, but way too long.

I like this idea. But it needs a lot of work. Keep at it, Aussie
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:35 pm

This draft will be co-authored by Fauxia. Please stand by for Fauxia's draft
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Fauxia
Senator

[DRAFT]Brown Out

Postby Fauxia » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:33 pm

[title] Brown Out

[description]@@NAME@@ was set to play host to delegates around the world, to discuss international issues, diplomacy, and the latest edition of Mad Max vs. Jar Jar Binks. Everything was repaired, refurbished, reupholstered, and repainted into tip-top condition. However, a Maxtopian ambassador, attempting to respond to the call of nature, discovered that the bathroom had run out of toilet paper! Many suggest that switching to bidets could've solved the problem.

[validity] adults only

[option 1] "Bidets are a great idea!" suggests @@RANDOMNAME@@, who sells plumbing supplies. "I read on Encyclowiki that bidets are better for your health, clean better, and can save millions of trees to better purify the air. Isn't that a good thing? If you had bidets, this would never have happened, so prevent it from happening again! Mandate that all bathrooms, public, private, or family, be retrofitted with bidets, and our health will thank you for it!"
[fallout] citizens wonder if having the best bathrooms is something to be proud of

[option 2] "Yea mate, but aren't you forgettin' something?" asks @@RANDOMNAME@@, the mayor of a desert city. "We got a drought out here. We already have water restrictions, so we can't afford to waste more water on cleaning ourselves! Besides, who wants to use a yucky bowl that other people use? Toilet paper is much more hygienic!"
[fallout] the nation is known abroad for its putrid smells and lack of forests

must not have compulsory nudity
[option 3] "Aren't we forgetting the real problem here?" intones @@RANDOMNAME@@, your Minister of Bureaucracy, while checking something off of a list on @@HIS@@ clipboard. "The blame falls on the idiots in charge of this thing, who, don't forget, also sent out the invitation saying 'attire optional,' causing some delegates to attend naked! They were the ones who missed, of all things, that the toilet paper had run out, and now @@NAME@@ is in disgrace! These criminals must be fired and put into the spotlight as the people who ruined @@NAME@@'s reputation!"

must have compulsory nudity
[option 4] "Aren't we forgetting the real problem here?" intones @@RANDOMNAME@@, your Minister of Bureaucracy, while checking something off of a list on @@HIS@@ clipboard. "The blame falls on the idiots in charge of this thing! They were the ones who missed, of all things, that the toilet paper had run out, and now @@NAME@@ is in disgrace! These criminals must be fired and put into the spotlight as the people who ruined @@NAME@@'s reputation!"
[fallout] government interns who serve minister's frothochinos with two sugars as opposed to one are immediately dismissed

I'm still wondering if the nude reference needs to be taken out. I kept it in for Aussie, but I'm finding it hard to keep. It isn't relevant if there's already compulsory nudity, so you can't have it in the description, without eliminating the validity for such nations, which seems unfair. If you think it should be taken out, be my guest
Last edited by Fauxia on Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:51 pm

The thing is with the words "clothing optional" it's a lot more difficult to make as oppose to "attire optional" vs "black tie optional"

Besides, that attire optional gag is from the TV show, Everyone Loves Raymond where Robert didn't want to plan for his wedding so he intentionally sabotaged the first draft of the invites so his finances, Amy, would do all the work

I completely forgot about compulsory nudity. **facepalm**

Also re: Mad Max vs Jar Jar Binks, Mad Max is already established as a Tasmanian terrorist in the NS universe

Fauxia
Senator

Postby Fauxia » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:27 pm

Australian Republic wrote:The thing is with the words "clothing optional" it's a lot more difficult to make as oppose to "attire optional" vs "black tie optional"

Besides, that attire optional gag is from the TV show, Everyone Loves Raymond where Robert didn't want to plan for his wedding so he intentionally sabotaged the first draft of the invites so his finances, Amy, would do all the work

Also re: Mad Max vs Jar Jar Binks, Mad Max is already established as a Tasmanian terrorist in the NS universe
Mad Max vs. Jar Jar Binks is also in another issue (440)

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:25 pm

Fauxia wrote:
Australian Republic wrote:The thing is with the words "clothing optional" it's a lot more difficult to make as oppose to "attire optional" vs "black tie optional"

Mad Max vs. Jar Jar Binks is also in another issue (440)

Fair enough

Fauxia
Senator

Postby Fauxia » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:50 pm

Bump it up

Jutsa
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 06, 2015
Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:52 am

saw many delegates attend in the nude
This would be an interesting issue for nations with nudism... especially compulsory nudism. :rofl:

Permission to make this a reality, or would you like to have a go at it? :lol:
Last edited by Jutsa on Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
You're welcome to telegram me any questions you have of the game. Unless I've CTE'd (ceased to exist) - then you physically can't do that.

Helpful* Got Issues? Links (Not Pinned In Forum) *mostly: >List of Issue-Related Lists | >Personal List of Issue Ideas | >List of Known Missing Issues/Options |
>Trotterdam's Issue Results/Policies Tracker | >Val's Bonus Stats | >Fauzjhia's Easter Egg Guide | >My Joke Drafts List | >Sherp's Author Rankings

Other Nifty Links: >Best-Ranked Useful Dispatches | >NSindex | >IA's WA Proposal Office | >Major Discord Links | >Trivia | >Cards Against NS | >Polls

"Remember, licking doorknobs is perfectly legal on other planets." - Ja Luıñaí

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:56 pm

Jutsa wrote:
saw many delegates attend in the nude
This would be an interesting issue for nations with nudism... especially compulsory nudism. :rofl:

Go for it, I guess. Fauxia doesn't like it anyway

Fauxia
Senator

Postby Fauxia » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:25 pm

Australian Republic wrote:
Jutsa wrote: This would be an interesting issue for nations with nudism... especially compulsory nudism. :rofl:

Go for it, I guess. Fauxia doesn't like it anyway
It isn’t that I don’t like it, it’s that I’m having a hard time putting it in without changing the issue up quite a bit. Maybe you just want Jutsa to co-author? I haven’t been as active lately anyway.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:17 pm

Fauxia wrote:
Australian Republic wrote:Go for it, I guess. Fauxia doesn't like it anyway
It isn’t that I don’t like it, it’s that I’m having a hard time putting it in without changing the issue up quite a bit. Maybe you just want Jutsa to co-author? I haven’t been as active lately anyway.

You're doing a damn good job! But if you don't want to anymore, I respect your wishes

Fauxia
Senator

Postby Fauxia » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:21 pm

Australian Republic wrote:
Fauxia wrote:It isn’t that I don’t like it, it’s that I’m having a hard time putting it in without changing the issue up quite a bit. Maybe you just want Jutsa to co-author? I haven’t been as active lately anyway.

You're doing a damn good job! But if you don't want to anymore, I respect your wishes
No, but I serve at your pleasure, that’s all. Anyone have a suggestion on how we could include the “delegates attending in the nude” thing?

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?