NATION

PASSWORD

ISSUE IDEA: Blowin' In The Wind

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

ISSUE IDEA: Blowin' In The Wind

Postby Australian rePublic » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:48 am

title] Blowin' In The Wind

[desc] After a cyclone blew away many house pets, including cats, dogs, rabbits and the odd rat, many animal rights activists have come to you demanding you do something to prevent the poor pets being blown away.

[validity] Must allow pets

[option] "All pets should be kept inside during the cyclone season" suggests @@RANDOMNAME@@, a volunteer at an animal shelter. "I can appreciate that some people want their dogs and cats to be kept outside, but during cyclone seasons, pets should be kept inside. In the dry season, people can do whatever they want with their pets."
[effect]it is illegal to let your dog out to pee during the wet season

[option] "Or we could chain up our outdoor pets outside when there's a typhoon!" suggests @@RANDOMNAME@@, a chain manufacturer. "That way they can be kept outside during the typhoon season, and won't get blown away!"
[effect] chained up @@ANIMALPLURAL@@ cause more damage during typhoon season than typhoons themselves

[option] "Why don't we require all hurricane-prone houses and apartments to have doggy/kitty hurricane shelters?" asks architect @@RANDOMNAME@@. "Think about it - pets could have their own safe place for when the weather goes crazy!"
[effect] people are required to build infrastructure for pets that they do not own

[option] "Wild animals don't get help during hurricanes," comments @@RANDOMNAME@@, a well-known Darwinist, "so why should pets get help? I say let owners do whatever they want, and let evolution weed out the weaker pets. Oh, and while we're at it, fine the owners for allowing their pets to stray."
[effect] local governments fine owners whenever pets are subjected to bad weather

[title] Blowin' In The Wind

[desc] After a cyclone blew away many house pets, cats, dogs, rabbits and the odd rat, many animal rights activists have come to you demanding you do something to prevent the poor pets being blown away

[option] "All pets should be kept inside during cyclones" states animal rights activist "I can appreciate that some people want outside dogsnd cats, but during cyclone seasons, pets should kept inside. In the dry season, people can do whatever they want with their pets"

[option] "Or we could chain up our outdoor pets up outside when there's a typhoon" suggests @@RANDOMNAME@@, a chain manufacturer "That way they can be kept outside during the typhoon season, and won't get blown away!"
[effect] dogs must be kept on a leash during the wet season

[option] "Why don't we require all tropical houses and appartments to have doggy/kitty hurricane shelters?" asks architect @@RANDOMNAME@@ "Think about it, pets could have their own safe place for when the weather goes crazy!"
[effect] people are required to build infrastructure for pets that they do not own

[option] "Wild animals don't get help during hurricanes" comments @@RANDOMNAME@@, a wel-known Darwinst "so why should pet dogs get help? I say let owners do whatever they want, and let evolution weed out the weaker pets. Oh, and while we're at it, fine the owners for allowing their pets to stray"
[effect] local governments fine owners whenever pets are subjected to bad weather
Last edited by Australian rePublic on Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Jutsa
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 06, 2015
Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:56 am

Ooooh, this is actually a very good draft, Aussie. :clap:

Ok, ok... now here's my rewrite of it, just to fix some spelling/grammar mistakes and nothing else.
Well, ok, added a @@RANDOMNAME@@, but you can remove that if you want. :P

[desc] After a cyclone blew away many house pets, including cats, dogs, rabbits and the odd rat, many animal rights activists have come to you demanding you do something to prevent the poor pets being blown away.

[option] "All pets should be kept inside during cyclones," states animal rights activist @@RANDOMNAME@@. "I can appreciate that some people want outside dogs and cats, but during cyclone seasons, pets should be kept inside. In the dry season, people can do whatever they want with their pets."

[option] "Or we could chain up our outdoor pets outside when there's a typhoon!" suggests @@RANDOMNAME@@, a chain manufacturer. "That way they can be kept outside during the typhoon season, and won't get blown away!"

[option] "Why don't we require all tropical houses and apartments to have doggy/kitty hurricane shelters?" asks architect @@RANDOMNAME@@. "Think about it - pets could have their own safe place for when the weather goes crazy!"

[option] "Wild animals don't get help during hurricanes," comments @@RANDOMNAME@@, a well-known Darwinist, "so why should pets get help? I say let owners do whatever they want, and let evolution weed out the weaker pets. Oh, and while we're at it, fine the owners for allowing their pets to stray."

While I'm here, a few things to note:
many animal rights activists have come

Description: Half of the speakers don't even seem to be animal rights activists. :lol2:

Effect Line 2: Not particularly interesting. What about something like "@@ANIMALPLURAL@@ on chains are like wrecking balls during typhoon season" or something?
It's kind of horrifying, but... I still find it funny to think that buildings get damaged way more than the animals. :lol2:
Also, I have to note something: You didn't add @@ANIMALPLURAL@@ anywhere in here. :P
all tropical houses and apartments to have doggy/kitty hurricane shelters?

Option 3: Firstly, not all nations have a tropics(though it may be assumed there's a jungle in the south of your nation, we'll see),
and secondly, not all cyclones are tropical, either. I recommend just removing the word "tropical". :P
don't get help during hurricanes

Option 4: cyclones*

A final note: There should be an option that forces pets to be inside at all times. >:3
Last edited by Jutsa on Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
You're welcome to telegram me any questions you have of the game. Unless I've CTE'd (ceased to exist) - then you physically can't do that.

Helpful* Got Issues? Links (Not Pinned In Forum) *mostly: >List of Issue-Related Lists | >Personal List of Issue Ideas | >List of Known Missing Issues/Options |
>Trotterdam's Issue Results/Policies Tracker | >Val's Bonus Stats | >Fauzjhia's Easter Egg Guide | >My Joke Drafts List | >Sherp's Author Rankings

Other Nifty Links: >Best-Ranked Useful Dispatches | >NSindex | >IA's WA Proposal Office | >Major Discord Links | >Trivia | >Cards Against NS | >Polls

"Remember, licking doorknobs is perfectly legal on other planets." - Ja Luıñaí

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:52 pm

Jutsa wrote:Ooooh, this is actually a very good draft, Aussie. :clap:

Ok, ok... now here's my rewrite of it, just to fix some spelling/grammar mistakes and nothing else.
Well, ok, added a @@RANDOMNAME@@, but you can remove that if you want. :P

[option] "All pets should be kept inside during cyclones," states animal rights activist @@RANDOMNAME@@. "I can appreciate that some people want outside dogs and cats, but during cyclone seasons, pets should be kept inside. In the dry season, people can do whatever they want with their pets."

[option] "Why don't we require all tropical houses and apartments to have doggy/kitty hurricane shelters?" asks architect @@RANDOMNAME@@. "Think about it - pets could have their own safe place for when the weather goes crazy!"

Cheers :hug:

While I'm here, a few things to note:
many animal rights activists have come

Description: Half of the speakers don't even seem to be animal rights activists. :lol2:

Good point

Effect Line 2: Not particularly interesting. What about something like "@@ANIMALPLURAL@@ on chains are like wrecking balls during typhoon season" or something?
It's kind of horrifying, but... I still find it funny to think that buildings get damaged way more than the animals. :lol2:
Also, I have to note something: You didn't add @@ANIMALPLURAL@@ anywhere in here. :P

Option 3: Firstly, not all nations have a tropics(though it may be assumed there's a jungle in the south of your nation, we'll see),
and secondly, not all cyclones are tropical, either. I recommend just removing the word "tropical". :P

Are there any non-tropical cyclones outside of the Continguous USA? I think Brisbane might get some, but am not sure. Nevertheless, the USA is massive, so okay

Option 4: cyclones*

yea, I deliberately interchanged the words cyclone, hurricane, and typhoon, as they only difference between them is the direction which they spin, and the region where they are used. This way, there are less assumptions
A final note: There should be an option that forces pets to be inside at all times. >:3

How's that different to option 1?
Last edited by Australian rePublic on Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Jutsa
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 06, 2015
Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:51 pm

Well, option 1 is "keep pets in during cyclones", which'd be different from "ALWAYS keep pets in".

Well, actually, option 1 as it is is sort-of a cross between the two, as a "keep them in at all times, but only during the cyclone season"...
idk if you wanna change anything or what, but it's just my suggestion and hardly something you have to do. ;)
You're welcome to telegram me any questions you have of the game. Unless I've CTE'd (ceased to exist) - then you physically can't do that.

Helpful* Got Issues? Links (Not Pinned In Forum) *mostly: >List of Issue-Related Lists | >Personal List of Issue Ideas | >List of Known Missing Issues/Options |
>Trotterdam's Issue Results/Policies Tracker | >Val's Bonus Stats | >Fauzjhia's Easter Egg Guide | >My Joke Drafts List | >Sherp's Author Rankings

Other Nifty Links: >Best-Ranked Useful Dispatches | >NSindex | >IA's WA Proposal Office | >Major Discord Links | >Trivia | >Cards Against NS | >Polls

"Remember, licking doorknobs is perfectly legal on other planets." - Ja Luıñaí

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:07 am

Jutsa wrote:Well, option 1 is "keep pets in during cyclones", which'd be different from "ALWAYS keep pets in".

Well, actually, option 1 as it is is sort-of a cross between the two, as a "keep them in at all times, but only during the cyclone season"...
idk if you wanna change anything or what, but it's just my suggestion and hardly something you have to do. ;)

I d9n't think that that minor detail warrants a new option

Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016

Postby Fauxia » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:38 pm

In option 1, it should read “dogs and cats outside” not “outside dogs and cats”
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:40 pm

Fauxia wrote:In option 1, it should read “dogs and cats outside” not “outside dogs and cats”

Ok

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:14 pm

8 day bump

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:40 pm

Bump

Candlewhisper Archive
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Aug 28, 2015
Anarchy

Postby Candlewhisper Archive » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:39 am

Lots of types of weather can injure animals. Not sure why this is a national issue.
editors like linguistic ambiguity more than most people

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?