NATION

PASSWORD

[SUBMITTED] War Of The... Wait, False Alarm!

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Jutsa
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 06, 2015
Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:57 am

Thank you! Reverted back. :)
You're welcome to telegram me any questions you have of the game. Unless I've CTE'd (ceased to exist) - then you physically can't do that.

Helpful* Got Issues? Links (Not Pinned In Forum) *mostly: >List of Issue-Related Lists | >Personal List of Issue Ideas | >List of Known Missing Issues/Options |
>Trotterdam's Issue Results/Policies Tracker | >Val's Bonus Stats | >Fauzjhia's Easter Egg Guide | >My Joke Drafts List | >Sherp's Author Rankings

Other Nifty Links: >Best-Ranked Useful Dispatches | >NSindex | >IA's WA Proposal Office | >Major Discord Links | >Trivia | >Cards Against NS | >Polls

"Remember, licking doorknobs is perfectly legal on other planets." - Ja Luıñaí

Jutsa
Negotiator

Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:01 pm

Last bump. :D
You're welcome to telegram me any questions you have of the game. Unless I've CTE'd (ceased to exist) - then you physically can't do that.

Helpful* Got Issues? Links (Not Pinned In Forum) *mostly: >List of Issue-Related Lists | >Personal List of Issue Ideas | >List of Known Missing Issues/Options |
>Trotterdam's Issue Results/Policies Tracker | >Val's Bonus Stats | >Fauzjhia's Easter Egg Guide | >My Joke Drafts List | >Sherp's Author Rankings

Other Nifty Links: >Best-Ranked Useful Dispatches | >NSindex | >IA's WA Proposal Office | >Major Discord Links | >Trivia | >Cards Against NS | >Polls

Minoa
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Minoa » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:28 am

Chan Island wrote:Also, while subtly encouraging people to read that book is something I wholeheartedly approve of, this site meant to promote a book in and of itself. So I don't know how that would fly.

I don't think that mentioning a popular novel is going to be a problem: NationStates already gives a nod to Doctors Without Borders through their official (French) name, Médecins Sans Frontières (source: #203).
Last edited by Minoa on Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mme A. d'Oiseau, B.A. (State of Minoa)

Candlewhisper Archive
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Aug 28, 2015
Anarchy

Postby Candlewhisper Archive » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:41 am

Re using fake things instead of real things, the main guideline is whatever works better.

For example, the issue base refers to Jack Michaelson instead of Michael Jackson, because it gives that feel of a wacky alternative-earth that NS exists in: not quite our own world, but a warped reflection of it.

On the other hand, the effect line "intellectual snobbery has the cognoscenti sneering at anyone who doesn't have an opinion on the semiological drift of Umberto Eco's works" basically would not work at all if you were to change it to "Emberto Ucco's works", as obfuscating the reference just diminishes the joke.

So it's not legal considerations (as let's not forget, Max's first novel has various real life corporation names in as major evils in the world), but rather the narrative considerations.
editors like linguistic ambiguity more than most people

Jutsa
Negotiator

Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:21 pm

It is done - I've submitted this issue! Thank you all for your input. :D

Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Fauxia » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:11 pm

Good luck, whoever you are :p
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Jutsa
Negotiator

Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:15 pm

thanks. :rofl:

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?