NATION

PASSWORD

[MEGATHREAD] Unusual Issue Effects

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Free Joy State
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Free Joy State » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:38 am

Superbunny wrote:In Spare The Whip, Spoil The Law, I chose an option (Option 4, I think, whichever one gives you the line "The ruling party is having a devil of a time keeping order in the ranks.") and although it caused my Corruption level to go down drastically (from 4.14 to 2.91) and rose Political Freedoms to good, I was awarded the Summer Residence banner, which apparently requires you to have deep-rooted corruption even though I just lowered it. Am I missing something?

Basically, banners are automatically assigned by the game based on your hidden stats, not your visible stats. Editors don't assign them ourselves. When you answered this option, your hidden stats reached the right threshold in the various stats to unlock that banner.
"If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." - Toni Morrison

My nation does not represent my beliefs or politics.

Superbunny
Lobbyist

Founded: May 08, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Superbunny » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:47 pm

The Free Joy State wrote:
Superbunny wrote:In Spare The Whip, Spoil The Law, I chose an option (Option 4, I think, whichever one gives you the line "The ruling party is having a devil of a time keeping order in the ranks.") and although it caused my Corruption level to go down drastically (from 4.14 to 2.91) and rose Political Freedoms to good, I was awarded the Summer Residence banner, which apparently requires you to have deep-rooted corruption even though I just lowered it. Am I missing something?

Basically, banners are automatically assigned by the game based on your hidden stats, not your visible stats. Editors don't assign them ourselves. When you answered this option, your hidden stats reached the right threshold in the various stats to unlock that banner.

This is a certified manwhut moment.
A peaceful nation always seeking opportunities to further itself in the world. Offerings of kibble are always accepted.

Unless otherwise noted, Ambassador Wagstaff speaks on behalf of Superbunny in roleplay.

Melondonia
Lobbyist

Founded: May 13, 2019
New York Times Democracy

Postby Melondonia » Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:37 pm

I know this is a really minor effect, but it's a little confusing.

Option 2, issue 1009 (1009.2), A Woman's Roll

"The Talking Point
The new national campaign exhorts men to "Show Some Class - Don't Sit On Your Ass".

This increased my...social conservatism? That's a bit odd. It's only a small change, 34.15->34.54 (+1.1%), but it seems more like the other two options for this issue would've increased that stat.

Many thanks in advance.
If you ever see me post anything, please take it with a grain of salt because I am as dumb as a pile of bricks.

It is my personal belief that nobody is as mean, rude or [insert your own negative adjective] of a person as they seem on the internet.

I did a politiscales test!

The Free Joy State
Senior Issues Editor

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Free Joy State » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:19 pm

Melondonia wrote:I know this is a really minor effect, but it's a little confusing.

Option 2, issue 1009 (1009.2), A Woman's Roll

"The Talking Point
The new national campaign exhorts men to "Show Some Class - Don't Sit On Your Ass".

This increased my...social conservatism? That's a bit odd. It's only a small change, 34.15->34.54 (+1.1%), but it seems more like the other two options for this issue would've increased that stat.

Many thanks in advance.

Social conservatism is a secondary stat, somewhat related to civil rights (it tends to rise when civil rights fall). As for civil rights, when you create a social obligation, as you did (here to "Show Some Class - Don't Sit On Your Ass") your civil rights may (but not always) experience a small drop, as they did here (from 71.23 to 70.93)
"If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." - Toni Morrison

Trotterdam
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Trotterdam » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:47 am

The following issue options grant the Autocracy policy, but should also remove the Sortition policy when they do so, as their current behavior on some nations (ones that previously went directly from sortition to democracy before deciding to go autocratic again, or ones that were already sortitions when they were supposed to go autocratic) does not make sense:
#0 3 (*)
#54 3
#202 1
#243 5 (*)
#267 4
#1082 3
#1082 4
#1088 4
Checking through other autocracy-granting options just to be sure is a good idea. I do know that there are also some issues that do it right: #65 2 and #597 3.
Options marked with an asterisk haven't actually been observed setting Sortition, but have been observed keeping it, which indicates the same coding problems (this is confirmed by timestamps).

Meanwhile, #61 1 always removes sortition, but may switch to either autocracy or democracy when it does so, for reasons that are not clear to me (both have happened in the last few days, so it's probably not some rare fluke).

As usual, I cannot cite which actual nations this was observed on.

Dabarastan
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 29, 2019
Corporate Bordello

Postby Dabarastan » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:27 am

Hi, this is not an usual effect but rather a typo in an issue itself. I was not sure where else to post it.

Issue Number: 806 "Unlicensed to Kill".

Error is in issue preamble.

The text with the error in bold: "...Following this development, a recent execution had to be postponed when all medical personal with the appropriate credentials to administer the execution refused to participate."

The text with the error corrected: "...Following this development, a recent execution had to be postponed when all medical personnel with the appropriate credentials to administer the execution refused to participate."

The Free Joy State
Senior Issues Editor

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Free Joy State » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:49 am

Dabarastan wrote:Hi, this is not an usual effect but rather a typo in an issue itself. I was not sure where else to post it.

Issue Number: 806 "Unlicensed to Kill".

Error is in issue preamble.

The text with the error in bold: "...Following this development, a recent execution had to be postponed when all medical personal with the appropriate credentials to administer the execution refused to participate."

The text with the error corrected: "...Following this development, a recent execution had to be postponed when all medical personnel with the appropriate credentials to administer the execution refused to participate."

This is the thread for objective spelling and grammar errors and suspected errors with macros.

This has been amended.

Dabarastan
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 29, 2019
Corporate Bordello

Postby Dabarastan » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:37 am

I just had issue #218 - Two Mommies One Too Many? and selected option 2. It only resulted in three stat changes - religiousness, secularism and inclusiveness. I certainly understand how these three are relevant, however I've never had an issue have such minimal effects before. Is this usual?

Candlewhisper Archive
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Aug 28, 2015
Capitalizt

Postby Candlewhisper Archive » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:41 am

Dabarastan wrote:I just had issue #218 - Two Mommies One Too Many? and selected option 2. It only resulted in three stat changes - religiousness, secularism and inclusiveness. I certainly understand how these three are relevant, however I've never had an issue have such minimal effects before. Is this usual?

You'll find that as time goes on they'll often be issues that have little or even zero effect on your nation, often because they're reinforcing currently held positions. This is explained in the FAQ on the first post of this thread.
Last edited by Candlewhisper Archive on Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?