NATION

PASSWORD

[ACCEPTED] You're Psychotic, @@LEADER@@!

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Jutsa
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 06, 2015
Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:14 pm

Aussie wrote:The guy from the foifth option shopuld aldo want to rein down hard on the WA too
I think you slipped into a bit of a lisp*, there, Aussie... :rofl:
No, I'd rather have him agree with the WA.

I updated this to draft 1.4. Your mother's now combing through your sister's hair as is mandatory by law, and your brother... well, he'll just not be touched by your mother with a 10-foot pole.

I forgot about the nephew's thing, though... which is probably good, because I have to ask you:
Do you think I should leave that in, or should I specify that it's everyone except your niece? :P

Edit: Also, the Chivelandish(Chile) guy's just another reference to the Chicago Boys from what I could make off of Google. Maybe I should reconsider making him an arms smuggler, then... hmm... advice on this is also welcome :roll:
Last edited by Jutsa on Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
You're welcome to telegram me any questions you have of the game. Unless I've CTE'd (ceased to exist) - then you physically can't do that.

Helpful* Got Issues? Links (Not Pinned In Forum) *mostly: >List of Issue-Related Lists | >Personal List of Issue Ideas | >List of Known Missing Issues/Options |
>Trotterdam's Issue Results/Policies Tracker | >Val's Bonus Stats | >Fauzjhia's Easter Egg Guide | >My Joke Drafts List | >Sherp's Author Rankings

Other Nifty Links: >Best-Ranked Useful Dispatches | >NSindex | >IA's WA Proposal Office | >Major Discord Links | >Trivia | >Cards Against NS | >Polls

"Remember, licking doorknobs is perfectly legal on other planets." - Ja Luıñaí

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Trotterdam » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:38 pm

Jutsa wrote:your sister, who your mother is now combing the hair of
Jutsa wrote:your brother, who your mother refuses to touch with a 10-foot pole
Is this where you're supposed to use "whom"? I never quite got the hang of that.

Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016

Postby Fauxia » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:32 pm

Trotterdam wrote:
Jutsa wrote:your sister, who your mother is now combing the hair of
Jutsa wrote:your brother, who your mother refuses to touch with a 10-foot pole
Is this where you're supposed to use "whom"? I never quite got the hang of that.
Pretty sure whom is correct here. The problem is the sentence structure is unusual, I'm actually not sure if it's subjective or objective. Think it's objective though.
Last edited by Fauxia on Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Jutsa
Negotiator

Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:57 pm

Ah, many thanks. I also specified that your mother's coming your sister as mandated by law, instead of your mother being mandated by law to comb your sister's hair(and not saying whether or not she's actually doing it).
Kept it in the same draft. :P
You're welcome to telegram me any questions you have of the game. Unless I've CTE'd (ceased to exist) - then you physically can't do that.

Helpful* Got Issues? Links (Not Pinned In Forum) *mostly: >List of Issue-Related Lists | >Personal List of Issue Ideas | >List of Known Missing Issues/Options |
>Trotterdam's Issue Results/Policies Tracker | >Val's Bonus Stats | >Fauzjhia's Easter Egg Guide | >My Joke Drafts List | >Sherp's Author Rankings

Other Nifty Links: >Best-Ranked Useful Dispatches | >NSindex | >IA's WA Proposal Office | >Major Discord Links | >Trivia | >Cards Against NS | >Polls

Candlewhisper Archive
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Aug 28, 2015
Anarchy

Postby Candlewhisper Archive » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:32 am

Sweet collaborative process here. Really looking forward to this one.
editors like linguistic ambiguity more than most people

Fauxia
Senator

Postby Fauxia » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:50 pm

Candlewhisper Archive wrote:Sweet collaborative process here. Really looking forward to this one.
Collaborative process... with who(m :p )? Russia?
Last edited by Fauxia on Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Jutsa
Negotiator

Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:06 pm

In Soviet Jutsa, you don't process collaborations - collaborations process you! I'm aware of how terrible this is

Opperkellehisbur
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 03, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Opperkellehisbur » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:08 pm

Are both last options not for WA, or 1?

Jutsa
Negotiator

Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:21 pm

Just option 4 - option 5 is available for everyone. :)

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Postby Trotterdam » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:06 pm

Jutsa wrote:In Soviet Jutsa, you don't process collaborations - collaborations process you! I'm aware of how terrible this is
It's better than most Soviet Russia jokes nowadays, since it actually has something to do with what Soviet Russia was like.

Jutsa wrote:effect: citizens may now wear shoes while watching television as long as the television is outside and the shoes are rental
So... you know, I kinda liked the old effect line for this one, even though it was problematic in terms of game mechanics.

When I mentioned this option being tricky without knowing which civil rights you're bringing back, I (A) was talking about the main option text rather than the effect line, and (B) was referring to meaningful civil rights that can be coded into the game, rather than humorous nonsense laws. This, unfortunately, is harder than for economic or political rights, since there are so many different types of civil rights, "civil rights" being somewhat of a catch-all for anything that isn't economic or political - and even if you're low in general, any one in particular might be something that you already have, or for that matter something that many sane nations also restrict.

Mind you, I don't know all the details of how Civil Rights works internally, so you would really need an editor's advice on what's the best way to go.

Jutsa wrote:"Do the right thing by legalizing private industry, and my boys will be more than happy to make you proud."
effect: newly allowed private industries are monitored more than the old state industries
As I said before with elections, you can have low economic freedom without technically having banned private enterprise (in fact, it's easier than having low political freedom without elections). You can still heavily restrict private enterprise to the point it's non-viable and so want to loosen restrictions, but a slight wording tweak might be advisable.

Jutsa
Negotiator

Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:54 pm

Mind you, I don't know all the details of how Civil Rights works internally, so you would really need an editor's advice on what's the best way to go.

Crud.

Would any editor like to help me out on this one...? :p
you can have low economic freedom without technically having banned private enterprise

Crud.
It's better than most Soviet Russia jokes nowadays, since it actually has something to do with what Soviet Russia was like.

That's sad, but at least it's a relatively positive note. :clap:

Meh, I'll work on this in a bit. Anyone(particularly an editor) got a good way of going about options 1 and 3? :blush:
Last edited by Jutsa on Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Postby Trotterdam » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:23 pm

Jutsa wrote:Meh, I'll work on this in a bit. Anyone(particularly an editor) got a good way of going about options 1 and 3? :blush:
On 3, you could just go with something like "let up on restrictions against private enterprise", leaving it vague exactly how far those restrictions go. Or, "privatize some of our state industries", since according to [violet], even if private industry isn't banned, all nations with less than 50 Economic Freedom (which includes all Psychotic Dictatorships) have at least some state industry.

Jutsa
Negotiator

Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:20 pm

Phew! ok, I did this to option 3:
Do the right thing by privatizing some of the state industries,

Uh... let me know if it needs any more touching up. :P
Last edited by Jutsa on Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jutsa
Negotiator

Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:29 am

Bump~

Fauxia
Senator

Postby Fauxia » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:44 pm

Not much to say, although I think option 3 fallout could be improved

Jutsa
Negotiator

Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:23 pm

Idk, I still think it shows a somewhat ironic twist, but if you can think of a better one, be sure to tell me. :)

Also, I'm replacing "allowed" with "established" - put into the same draft version because I'm lazy. :P

Jutsa
Negotiator

Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:49 pm

Bump~

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Postby Trotterdam » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:05 pm

I'm still leery of the first option, but I don't have any clear suggestions for improving it and it doesn't seem like anyone else is volunteering.

The effect line for the third option also doesn't really catch my fancy, but the option itself is fine.

Other than that, I think you're good.

Jutsa
Negotiator

Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:06 pm

Well, I'm going to guess that something relatively similar to what happens in the anarchy issue will happen to this one,
although I'm sure some things would be different on account of... well, their being opposites.

As for the effect line, I'll gladly change it if anyone can think of a better one. :)

I'll keep this up for a couple more weeks and submit it in early November unless an editor gives me the green light. :P

Jutsa
Negotiator

Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:03 am

Final non-submission bump, I guess - unless there's more that needs to be done. :)

Jutsa
Negotiator

Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:12 pm

Submitted! Thank you all for your help - it was much appreciated! :D

Fauxia
Senator

Postby Fauxia » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:49 am

Good luck Jutsa :)

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013

Postby Australian rePublic » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:38 pm

Gopd luck
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?