NATION

PASSWORD

List of Religions & Cults (Sept. 14, 2017 — Nov. 17, 2023)

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.

Advertisement

Remove ads

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby USS Monitor » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:10 pm

Skabs the Clown wrote:

Thanks for spamming the forum to advertise your region with the rule-breaking name. It might have slipped under our radar if you hadn't spammed.
Last edited by USS Monitor on Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

Jutsa
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 06, 2015
Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:19 pm

Ah yeah, I keep forgetting that word's pretty much a swear. I legitimately thought it was just a goofy shorthand for a word that I used in this very sentence. :P

Well, aside from that, it still brightened my day... wasn't in the best mood up until that point, to be honest. :blush:
You're welcome to telegram me any questions you have of the game. Unless I've CTE'd (ceased to exist) - then you physically can't do that.

Helpful* Got Issues? Links (Not Pinned In Forum) *mostly: >List of Issue-Related Lists | >Personal List of Issue Ideas | >List of Known Missing Issues/Options |
>Trotterdam's Issue Results/Policies Tracker | >Val's Bonus Stats | >Fauzjhia's Easter Egg Guide | >My Joke Drafts List | >Sherp's Author Rankings

Other Nifty Links: >Best-Ranked Useful Dispatches | >NSindex | >IA's WA Proposal Office | >Major Discord Links | >Trivia | >Cards Against NS | >Polls

"Remember, licking doorknobs is perfectly legal on other planets." - Ja Luıñaí

Jutsa
Negotiator

Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:15 pm

Just bumping, since it was on page five. :P
You're welcome to telegram me any questions you have of the game. Unless I've CTE'd (ceased to exist) - then you physically can't do that.

Helpful* Got Issues? Links (Not Pinned In Forum) *mostly: >List of Issue-Related Lists | >Personal List of Issue Ideas | >List of Known Missing Issues/Options |
>Trotterdam's Issue Results/Policies Tracker | >Val's Bonus Stats | >Fauzjhia's Easter Egg Guide | >My Joke Drafts List | >Sherp's Author Rankings

Other Nifty Links: >Best-Ranked Useful Dispatches | >NSindex | >IA's WA Proposal Office | >Major Discord Links | >Trivia | >Cards Against NS | >Polls

Jutsa
Negotiator

Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:30 pm

bump because the other was bumped. :P

Esperantujo 2
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 24, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Esperantujo 2 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:23 pm

A Gay Church features in the internal politics of my nation. I'm rather surprised this idea hasn't been used in an Issue.

Jutsa
Negotiator

Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:53 pm

Updated for the Devil's Playground and Yours Insincerely. Bump. :)

Jutsa
Negotiator

Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:23 am

Bumping it for authors' convenience.

Also to announce that I'm still listening to that confounded neurotology video.

The Free Joy State
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Joy State » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:30 am

Jutsa wrote:Bumping it for authors' convenience.

Also to announce that I'm still listening to that confounded neurotology video.

Me too. Catchy, isn't it? :p
"If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." - Toni Morrison

My nation does not represent my beliefs or politics.

Jutsa
Negotiator

Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:04 pm

Updated for #943!

Also moved the Cult of Pizza to P as Pizza Cult, and gave it an alternative name, "Church of Pizza".

Finally updated the Order of Maxx to include all mentions of Maxx himself and Maxxmas. :P

Edit: Also updated Frisbeetarianism a little. :v
Last edited by Jutsa on Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Trotterdam » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:20 pm

Jutsa wrote:Fun fact!: Both Christmas (in an easter egg) and Maxxmas(probaly a religious holiday for the Order of Maxx) exist as holidays.
Worth noting is that while Christmas itself doesn't appear in non-easter-egg issues, three non-easter-egg effect lines do mention Santa Claus (all in the context of radical anti-religion / pro-science options lumping belief in Santa in with other religious beliefs as something to be thoroughly eradicated).

Additionally, #245 offers "Winter Day" as an "ethnically unbiased" alternative for a holiday that isn't specified, but is clearly implied to be Christmas (that's the point).

Jutsa
Negotiator

Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:26 pm

Updated. :3

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Postby Trotterdam » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:44 pm

Jutsa wrote:Updated. :3
You appear to be having trouble with the prefix "non-".

Jutsa
Negotiator

Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:47 pm

ooh wow, missed that. :rofl:

Also fixed a "probaly" in that sentence.

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Postby Trotterdam » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:55 pm

Trotterdam wrote:Worth noting is that while Christmas itself doesn't appear in non-easter-egg issues, three non-easter-egg effect lines do mention Santa Claus (all in the context of radical anti-religion / pro-science options lumping belief in Santa in with other religious beliefs as something to be thoroughly eradicated).
Make that four. And yes, the context persists.

Leutria
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 29, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Leutria » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:21 pm

Pastifarianism and the Cult of Pizza have gotten trapped in the issue apparences spoiler for the Order of Maxx

Jutsa
Negotiator

Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:23 pm

Oh, sweet mercy!

Thanks, updated >_<

Frieden-und Freudenland
Minister

Founded: Jul 30, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Frieden-und Freudenland » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:41 am

Ah, am I crazy? Of course Jutsa has put up a thread for religions and cults as well :)
When I write, I don't have an accent.

My issues

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
~Walt Whitman

Jutsa
Negotiator

Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:43 am

I thought about making a list for corporations and characters but, y'know, other people got to it first. :rofl:

Unfortunately I'm probably the best list caretaker here and haven't felt like working on those lists, particularly since I can't edit their original posts anyway.

Ed: Not correct. Minoa and especially Trot are probably more likely the best list caretakers here atm
Last edited by Jutsa on Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016

Postby Fauxia » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:23 am

Bumping this to point out that issue 6 no longer contains references to Catholicism.
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Jutsa
Negotiator

Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:17 pm

Updated. :P

Jutsa
Negotiator

Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:31 pm

Put up a bunch more instances of Violetism.

Either religion's phasing out of the issue base or I'm just really bad at keeping track of this.
Probably both.

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:38 pm

Two things:
1) Catholicism has 3 issues there, should probably change the number on the spoiler
2) Perhaps change the date on the thread title, since its been updated since last September?

Sacara
Ambassador

Founded: May 13, 2014

Postby Sacara » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:53 am

Lord Dominator wrote:2) Perhaps change the date on the thread title, since its been updated since last September?
The thread title follows the format [Date Started] - Present.
The Spacefaring Federation of Sacara
I spend most of my time in the Got Issues? sub-forum.
Issues That I've Authored (15)
Commended by SC #382
"Our Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you" - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Jutsa
Negotiator

Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:46 am

Catholicism has 3 issues there, should probably change the number on the spoiler

Always change it (er, well, try to) when there's a new one; almost never have to remove one. :blush:

Jutsa
Negotiator

Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:56 pm

remembered this list; hopefully I didn't forget a stupid amount of religions... probably did, though. :blush:

I'm very much thinking about removing soul references to Violet and splitting up Yellow and Violet, as well.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?