NATION

PASSWORD

[ISSUE CHAIN] @@CAPITAL@@gate

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Phydios
Minister
 
Posts: 2249
Founded: Dec 06, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Phydios » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:47 pm

Fauxia wrote:
Trotterdam wrote:See that menu bar at the top? Click "View". Click "Page Source". The exact words may differ by browser, but it should be something along those lines.

At least on mine, Control+U is a shortcut.
Right now, I'm on mobile, and I am a good deal, so I don't see the menu bar.

Yeah, I don't know if any mobile browsers allow you to view the page source. You'd have to get to a desktop or laptop for that.
Romans 1:18-2:29, Ephesians 2:1-10
But God’s angry displeasure erupts as acts of human mistrust and wrongdoing and lying accumulate, as people try to put a shroud over truth. But the basic reality of God is plain enough. Open your eyes and there it is! | Those people are on a dark spiral downward. But if you think that leaves you on the high ground where you can point your finger at others, think again. Every time you criticize someone, you condemn yourself. | It’s a wonder God didn’t lose His temper and do away with the whole lot of us. Instead, immense in mercy and with an incredible love, He embraced us. He took our sin-dead lives and made us alive in Christ. He did all this on His own, with no help from us!

User avatar
Fauxia
Senator
 
Posts: 4032
Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Fauxia » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:51 pm

Phydios wrote:
Fauxia wrote:Right now, I'm on mobile, and I am a good deal, so I don't see the menu bar.

Yeah, I don't know if any mobile browsers allow you to view the page source. You'd have to get to a desktop or laptop for that.
Ther are apparently ways of doing it involving bookmarklets, but again, I'm inept.
Don’t pick a fight with me, I am proficient with the weapon to which all shall fall in NationStates... inactivity.
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.

User avatar
Trotterdam
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8204
Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Trotterdam » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:57 pm

Oh right, mobile.

I tried to look for a way to view the source on a borrowed one once and couldn't figure it out.

You're doomed.

User avatar
Phydios
Minister
 
Posts: 2249
Founded: Dec 06, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Phydios » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:30 pm

Well, I can now confirm that option 793.3 leads to #797. Also, I can confirm that #797 has at least eight options, though I doubt they all show at any given time: my first option had an ID of 0, and my last had an ID of 7. I posted the issue in the megathread.
Romans 1:18-2:29, Ephesians 2:1-10
But God’s angry displeasure erupts as acts of human mistrust and wrongdoing and lying accumulate, as people try to put a shroud over truth. But the basic reality of God is plain enough. Open your eyes and there it is! | Those people are on a dark spiral downward. But if you think that leaves you on the high ground where you can point your finger at others, think again. Every time you criticize someone, you condemn yourself. | It’s a wonder God didn’t lose His temper and do away with the whole lot of us. Instead, immense in mercy and with an incredible love, He embraced us. He took our sin-dead lives and made us alive in Christ. He did all this on His own, with no help from us!

User avatar
Fauxia
Senator
 
Posts: 4032
Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Fauxia » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:04 am

Phydios wrote:Well, I can now confirm that option 793.3 leads to #797. Also, I can confirm that #797 has at least eight options, though I doubt they all show at any given time: my first option had an ID of 0, and my last had an ID of 7. I posted the issue in the megathread.
My puppet did not get an new issue from the chain, so I can confirm 797 is the last one.
Don’t pick a fight with me, I am proficient with the weapon to which all shall fall in NationStates... inactivity.
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.

User avatar
Phydios
Minister
 
Posts: 2249
Founded: Dec 06, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Phydios » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:21 pm

Fauxia wrote:
Phydios wrote:Well, I can now confirm that option 793.3 leads to #797. Also, I can confirm that #797 has at least eight options, though I doubt they all show at any given time: my first option had an ID of 0, and my last had an ID of 7. I posted the issue in the megathread.
My puppet did not get an new issue from the chain, so I can confirm 797 is the last one.

Thanks. I got the same result on this nation this morning. Now I just have to hope that my puppets get the chain.
Romans 1:18-2:29, Ephesians 2:1-10
But God’s angry displeasure erupts as acts of human mistrust and wrongdoing and lying accumulate, as people try to put a shroud over truth. But the basic reality of God is plain enough. Open your eyes and there it is! | Those people are on a dark spiral downward. But if you think that leaves you on the high ground where you can point your finger at others, think again. Every time you criticize someone, you condemn yourself. | It’s a wonder God didn’t lose His temper and do away with the whole lot of us. Instead, immense in mercy and with an incredible love, He embraced us. He took our sin-dead lives and made us alive in Christ. He did all this on His own, with no help from us!

User avatar
Fauxia
Senator
 
Posts: 4032
Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Fauxia » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:19 pm

Phydios wrote:
Fauxia wrote:My puppet did not get an new issue from the chain, so I can confirm 797 is the last one.

Thanks. I got the same result on this nation this morning. Now I just have to hope that my puppets get the chain.
Judging from your text, 790.1 leads to 793; that's the one I took with Garjohnia
Don’t pick a fight with me, I am proficient with the weapon to which all shall fall in NationStates... inactivity.
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.

User avatar
Fauxia
Senator
 
Posts: 4032
Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Fauxia » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:27 pm

To help this, I'm going to fill my puppet storage with a bunch of Issue puppets. I'll make sure to make them democracies, don't worry.
Don’t pick a fight with me, I am proficient with the weapon to which all shall fall in NationStates... inactivity.
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.

User avatar
Phydios
Minister
 
Posts: 2249
Founded: Dec 06, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Phydios » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:27 pm

Fauxia wrote:To help this, I'm going to fill my puppet storage with a bunch of Issue puppets. I'll make sure to make them democracies, don't worry.

Sounds great!
Romans 1:18-2:29, Ephesians 2:1-10
But God’s angry displeasure erupts as acts of human mistrust and wrongdoing and lying accumulate, as people try to put a shroud over truth. But the basic reality of God is plain enough. Open your eyes and there it is! | Those people are on a dark spiral downward. But if you think that leaves you on the high ground where you can point your finger at others, think again. Every time you criticize someone, you condemn yourself. | It’s a wonder God didn’t lose His temper and do away with the whole lot of us. Instead, immense in mercy and with an incredible love, He embraced us. He took our sin-dead lives and made us alive in Christ. He did all this on His own, with no help from us!

User avatar
Jutsa
Senator
 
Posts: 4720
Founded: Dec 06, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Jutsa » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:35 pm

I chose option 4 of issue 793. I'll let you know where that takes me. :)
Here is a list containing a bunch of factbooks I created that are Got Issues? related.
>List of issue ideas
>List of missing issues/options
>List of accepted issues~
^ I know this is hardly a flashy signature, but at least I have one now.

User avatar
Fauxia
Senator
 
Posts: 4032
Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Fauxia » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:43 am

Jutsa wrote:I chose option 4 of issue 793. I'll let you know where that takes me. :)
Probably 797.
Don’t pick a fight with me, I am proficient with the weapon to which all shall fall in NationStates... inactivity.
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.

User avatar
Jutsa
Senator
 
Posts: 4720
Founded: Dec 06, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Jutsa » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:25 am

Yep. :P
Here is a list containing a bunch of factbooks I created that are Got Issues? related.
>List of issue ideas
>List of missing issues/options
>List of accepted issues~
^ I know this is hardly a flashy signature, but at least I have one now.

User avatar
Jutsa
Senator
 
Posts: 4720
Founded: Dec 06, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Jutsa » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:27 am

Also, go integrity! Every last option I chose boosted it; got to the top 1% because of it, even after a minor dip. :D
Here is a list containing a bunch of factbooks I created that are Got Issues? related.
>List of issue ideas
>List of missing issues/options
>List of accepted issues~
^ I know this is hardly a flashy signature, but at least I have one now.

User avatar
Fauxia
Senator
 
Posts: 4032
Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Fauxia » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:11 am

Jutsa wrote:Also, go integrity! Every last option I chose boosted it; got to the top 1% because of it, even after a minor dip. :D
Hah nice.

Also, congrats on your 300th post :)
Don’t pick a fight with me, I am proficient with the weapon to which all shall fall in NationStates... inactivity.
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.

User avatar
Phydios
Minister
 
Posts: 2249
Founded: Dec 06, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Phydios » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:06 am

Jutsa wrote:Yep. :P

Thanks. Updated.
Romans 1:18-2:29, Ephesians 2:1-10
But God’s angry displeasure erupts as acts of human mistrust and wrongdoing and lying accumulate, as people try to put a shroud over truth. But the basic reality of God is plain enough. Open your eyes and there it is! | Those people are on a dark spiral downward. But if you think that leaves you on the high ground where you can point your finger at others, think again. Every time you criticize someone, you condemn yourself. | It’s a wonder God didn’t lose His temper and do away with the whole lot of us. Instead, immense in mercy and with an incredible love, He embraced us. He took our sin-dead lives and made us alive in Christ. He did all this on His own, with no help from us!

User avatar
Trotterdam
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8204
Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Trotterdam » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:42 am

Well, I just caught what's likely a 36th effect line, that apparently has to be very unpopular for me to have not seen it until now.

Meanwhile, although my notes still suggest an 8-issue chain, I rather suspect that I may have made a mistake somewhere. If I redact just one small jot in my notes, I can split one of the larger issues into two separate issues, which would better fit the apparent numbering scheme. I thought I was being pretty meticulous in checking the data I'm writing down, but I didn't actually write down which nation I cited that detail on, so I can't go back to double-check now.

User avatar
Fauxia
Senator
 
Posts: 4032
Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Fauxia » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:15 pm

Trotterdam wrote:Well, I just caught what's likely a 36th effect line, that apparently has to be very unpopular for me to have not seen it until now.

Meanwhile, although my notes still suggest an 8-issue chain, I rather suspect that I may have made a mistake somewhere. If I redact just one small jot in my notes, I can split one of the larger issues into two separate issues, which would better fit the apparent numbering scheme. I thought I was being pretty meticulous in checking the data I'm writing down, but I didn't actually write down which nation I cited that detail on, so I can't go back to double-check now.
9 Issues. 789-797. Unless 796 is unrelated.
Don’t pick a fight with me, I am proficient with the weapon to which all shall fall in NationStates... inactivity.
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.

User avatar
Phydios
Minister
 
Posts: 2249
Founded: Dec 06, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Phydios » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:33 pm

Fauxia wrote:
Trotterdam wrote:Well, I just caught what's likely a 36th effect line, that apparently has to be very unpopular for me to have not seen it until now.

Meanwhile, although my notes still suggest an 8-issue chain, I rather suspect that I may have made a mistake somewhere. If I redact just one small jot in my notes, I can split one of the larger issues into two separate issues, which would better fit the apparent numbering scheme. I thought I was being pretty meticulous in checking the data I'm writing down, but I didn't actually write down which nation I cited that detail on, so I can't go back to double-check now.
9 Issues. 789-797. Unless 796 is unrelated.

Have you seen #791, #794, and #795?
Romans 1:18-2:29, Ephesians 2:1-10
But God’s angry displeasure erupts as acts of human mistrust and wrongdoing and lying accumulate, as people try to put a shroud over truth. But the basic reality of God is plain enough. Open your eyes and there it is! | Those people are on a dark spiral downward. But if you think that leaves you on the high ground where you can point your finger at others, think again. Every time you criticize someone, you condemn yourself. | It’s a wonder God didn’t lose His temper and do away with the whole lot of us. Instead, immense in mercy and with an incredible love, He embraced us. He took our sin-dead lives and made us alive in Christ. He did all this on His own, with no help from us!

User avatar
Fauxia
Senator
 
Posts: 4032
Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Fauxia » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:38 pm

Phydios wrote:
Fauxia wrote:9 Issues. 789-797. Unless 796 is unrelated.

Have you seen #791, #794, and #795?
No, but I would be willing to bet money that 789.2 leads to 791. And it would solve Trott's confusion.
Don’t pick a fight with me, I am proficient with the weapon to which all shall fall in NationStates... inactivity.
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.

User avatar
Trotterdam
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8204
Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Trotterdam » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:59 pm

Fauxia wrote:9 Issues. 789-797. Unless 796 is unrelated.
Yes, the numbering scheme is part of why I'm second-guessing myself.

Fauxia wrote:No, but I would be willing to bet money that 789.2 leads to 791.
No bet.

The problem is that I've recorded one of #791's options as including a possible followup that I am now suspecting was incorrect, and cannot actually be received from that option on #791 (though it definitely can from a different option).

User avatar
Fauxia
Senator
 
Posts: 4032
Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Fauxia » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:48 pm

Trotterdam wrote:
Fauxia wrote:9 Issues. 789-797. Unless 796 is unrelated.
Yes, the numbering scheme is part of why I'm second-guessing myself.

Fauxia wrote:No, but I would be willing to bet money that 789.2 leads to 791.
No bet.

The problem is that I've recorded one of #791's options as including a possible followup that I am now suspecting was incorrect, and cannot actually be received from that option on #791 (though it definitely can from a different option).
Well listen, no one's mad at you because no one does this like you.
Don’t pick a fight with me, I am proficient with the weapon to which all shall fall in NationStates... inactivity.
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.

User avatar
Trotterdam
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8204
Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Trotterdam » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:48 am

Fauxia wrote:Well listen, no one's mad at you because no one does this like you.
I'm mad at myself! I thought I was being meticulous in only writing down what I'd directly observed, but somehow I've managed to just fabricate something from thin air, and I didn't even record which nation I was looking at at the time so I can't have a second look. That's just embarrassing when I've been acting as though I had everything figured out.

User avatar
Candlewhisper Archive
Senior Issues Editor
 
Posts: 20714
Founded: Aug 28, 2015
Corporate Bordello

Postby Candlewhisper Archive » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:12 pm

Phydios wrote:
Australian Republic wrote:So what's your issue about, specifically?

What do you mean? We aren't drafting anything here. We're gathering data on the newest published issue chain: a story about a scandal rocking your nation's government.


:rofl:

User avatar
Phydios
Minister
 
Posts: 2249
Founded: Dec 06, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Phydios » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:09 pm

Candlewhisper Archive wrote:
Phydios wrote:What do you mean? We aren't drafting anything here. We're gathering data on the newest published issue chain: a story about a scandal rocking your nation's government.


:rofl:

Sorry, I'm afraid I don't quite understand this post.
Romans 1:18-2:29, Ephesians 2:1-10
But God’s angry displeasure erupts as acts of human mistrust and wrongdoing and lying accumulate, as people try to put a shroud over truth. But the basic reality of God is plain enough. Open your eyes and there it is! | Those people are on a dark spiral downward. But if you think that leaves you on the high ground where you can point your finger at others, think again. Every time you criticize someone, you condemn yourself. | It’s a wonder God didn’t lose His temper and do away with the whole lot of us. Instead, immense in mercy and with an incredible love, He embraced us. He took our sin-dead lives and made us alive in Christ. He did all this on His own, with no help from us!

User avatar
Jutsa
Senator
 
Posts: 4720
Founded: Dec 06, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Jutsa » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:44 pm

I presume he just kinda laughed at Aussie. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Here is a list containing a bunch of factbooks I created that are Got Issues? related.
>List of issue ideas
>List of missing issues/options
>List of accepted issues~
^ I know this is hardly a flashy signature, but at least I have one now.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Dispatch, Leutria, Verdant Haven

Advertisement

Remove ads