NATION

PASSWORD

[ISSUE CHAIN] @@CAPITAL@@gate

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Phydios
Minister

Founded: Dec 06, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Phydios » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:47 pm

Fauxia wrote:
Trotterdam wrote:See that menu bar at the top? Click "View". Click "Page Source". The exact words may differ by browser, but it should be something along those lines.

At least on mine, Control+U is a shortcut.
Right now, I'm on mobile, and I am a good deal, so I don't see the menu bar.

Yeah, I don't know if any mobile browsers allow you to view the page source. You'd have to get to a desktop or laptop for that.
If you claim to be religious but don’t control your tongue, you are fooling yourself, and your religion is worthless. Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you. | Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter. On judgment day many will say to me, ‘Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.’ But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God’s laws.’
James 1:26-27, Matthew 7:21-23

Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016

Postby Fauxia » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:51 pm

Phydios wrote:
Fauxia wrote:Right now, I'm on mobile, and I am a good deal, so I don't see the menu bar.

Yeah, I don't know if any mobile browsers allow you to view the page source. You'd have to get to a desktop or laptop for that.
Ther are apparently ways of doing it involving bookmarklets, but again, I'm inept.
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012

Postby Trotterdam » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:57 pm

Oh right, mobile.

I tried to look for a way to view the source on a borrowed one once and couldn't figure it out.

You're doomed.

Phydios
Minister

Postby Phydios » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:30 pm

Well, I can now confirm that option 793.3 leads to #797. Also, I can confirm that #797 has at least eight options, though I doubt they all show at any given time: my first option had an ID of 0, and my last had an ID of 7. I posted the issue in the megathread.
If you claim to be religious but don’t control your tongue, you are fooling yourself, and your religion is worthless. Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you. | Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter. On judgment day many will say to me, ‘Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.’ But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God’s laws.’

Fauxia
Senator

Postby Fauxia » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:04 am

Phydios wrote:Well, I can now confirm that option 793.3 leads to #797. Also, I can confirm that #797 has at least eight options, though I doubt they all show at any given time: my first option had an ID of 0, and my last had an ID of 7. I posted the issue in the megathread.
My puppet did not get an new issue from the chain, so I can confirm 797 is the last one.
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Phydios
Minister

Postby Phydios » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:21 pm

Fauxia wrote:
Phydios wrote:Well, I can now confirm that option 793.3 leads to #797. Also, I can confirm that #797 has at least eight options, though I doubt they all show at any given time: my first option had an ID of 0, and my last had an ID of 7. I posted the issue in the megathread.
My puppet did not get an new issue from the chain, so I can confirm 797 is the last one.

Thanks. I got the same result on this nation this morning. Now I just have to hope that my puppets get the chain.

Fauxia
Senator

Postby Fauxia » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:19 pm

Phydios wrote:
Fauxia wrote:My puppet did not get an new issue from the chain, so I can confirm 797 is the last one.

Thanks. I got the same result on this nation this morning. Now I just have to hope that my puppets get the chain.
Judging from your text, 790.1 leads to 793; that's the one I took with Garjohnia

Fauxia
Senator

Postby Fauxia » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:27 pm

To help this, I'm going to fill my puppet storage with a bunch of Issue puppets. I'll make sure to make them democracies, don't worry.

Phydios
Minister

Postby Phydios » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:27 pm

Fauxia wrote:To help this, I'm going to fill my puppet storage with a bunch of Issue puppets. I'll make sure to make them democracies, don't worry.

Sounds great!

Jutsa
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 06, 2015
Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:35 pm

I chose option 4 of issue 793. I'll let you know where that takes me. :)
You're welcome to telegram me any questions you have of the game. Unless I've CTE'd (ceased to exist) - then you physically can't do that.

Helpful* Got Issues? Links (Not Pinned In Forum) *mostly: >List of Issue-Related Lists | >Personal List of Issue Ideas | >List of Known Missing Issues/Options |
>Trotterdam's Issue Results/Policies Tracker | >Val's Bonus Stats | >Fauzjhia's Easter Egg Guide | >My Joke Drafts List | >Sherp's Author Rankings

Other Nifty Links: >Best-Ranked Useful Dispatches | >NSindex | >IA's WA Proposal Office | >Major Discord Links | >Trivia | >Cards Against NS | >Polls

"Remember, licking doorknobs is perfectly legal on other planets." - Ja Luıñaí

Fauxia
Senator

Postby Fauxia » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:43 am

Jutsa wrote:I chose option 4 of issue 793. I'll let you know where that takes me. :)
Probably 797.

Jutsa
Negotiator

Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:25 am

Yep. :P
You're welcome to telegram me any questions you have of the game. Unless I've CTE'd (ceased to exist) - then you physically can't do that.

Helpful* Got Issues? Links (Not Pinned In Forum) *mostly: >List of Issue-Related Lists | >Personal List of Issue Ideas | >List of Known Missing Issues/Options |
>Trotterdam's Issue Results/Policies Tracker | >Val's Bonus Stats | >Fauzjhia's Easter Egg Guide | >My Joke Drafts List | >Sherp's Author Rankings

Other Nifty Links: >Best-Ranked Useful Dispatches | >NSindex | >IA's WA Proposal Office | >Major Discord Links | >Trivia | >Cards Against NS | >Polls

Jutsa
Negotiator

Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:27 am

Also, go integrity! Every last option I chose boosted it; got to the top 1% because of it, even after a minor dip. :D

Fauxia
Senator

Postby Fauxia » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:11 am

Jutsa wrote:Also, go integrity! Every last option I chose boosted it; got to the top 1% because of it, even after a minor dip. :D
Hah nice.

Also, congrats on your 300th post :)

Phydios
Minister

Postby Phydios » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:06 am

Jutsa wrote:Yep. :P

Thanks. Updated.

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Postby Trotterdam » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:42 am

Well, I just caught what's likely a 36th effect line, that apparently has to be very unpopular for me to have not seen it until now.

Meanwhile, although my notes still suggest an 8-issue chain, I rather suspect that I may have made a mistake somewhere. If I redact just one small jot in my notes, I can split one of the larger issues into two separate issues, which would better fit the apparent numbering scheme. I thought I was being pretty meticulous in checking the data I'm writing down, but I didn't actually write down which nation I cited that detail on, so I can't go back to double-check now.

Fauxia
Senator

Postby Fauxia » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:15 pm

Trotterdam wrote:Well, I just caught what's likely a 36th effect line, that apparently has to be very unpopular for me to have not seen it until now.

Meanwhile, although my notes still suggest an 8-issue chain, I rather suspect that I may have made a mistake somewhere. If I redact just one small jot in my notes, I can split one of the larger issues into two separate issues, which would better fit the apparent numbering scheme. I thought I was being pretty meticulous in checking the data I'm writing down, but I didn't actually write down which nation I cited that detail on, so I can't go back to double-check now.
9 Issues. 789-797. Unless 796 is unrelated.

Phydios
Minister

Postby Phydios » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:33 pm

Fauxia wrote:
Trotterdam wrote:Well, I just caught what's likely a 36th effect line, that apparently has to be very unpopular for me to have not seen it until now.

9 Issues. 789-797. Unless 796 is unrelated.

Have you seen #791, #794, and #795?

Fauxia
Senator

Postby Fauxia » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:38 pm

Phydios wrote:
Fauxia wrote:9 Issues. 789-797. Unless 796 is unrelated.

Have you seen #791, #794, and #795?
No, but I would be willing to bet money that 789.2 leads to 791. And it would solve Trott's confusion.

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Postby Trotterdam » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:59 pm

Yes, the numbering scheme is part of why I'm second-guessing myself.

Fauxia wrote:No, but I would be willing to bet money that 789.2 leads to 791.
No bet.

The problem is that I've recorded one of #791's options as including a possible followup that I am now suspecting was incorrect, and cannot actually be received from that option on #791 (though it definitely can from a different option).

Fauxia
Senator

Postby Fauxia » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:48 pm

Trotterdam wrote:
Yes, the numbering scheme is part of why I'm second-guessing myself.

Fauxia wrote:No, but I would be willing to bet money that 789.2 leads to 791.
No bet.

The problem is that I've recorded one of #791's options as including a possible followup that I am now suspecting was incorrect, and cannot actually be received from that option on #791 (though it definitely can from a different option).
Well listen, no one's mad at you because no one does this like you.

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Postby Trotterdam » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:48 am

Fauxia wrote:Well listen, no one's mad at you because no one does this like you.
I'm mad at myself! I thought I was being meticulous in only writing down what I'd directly observed, but somehow I've managed to just fabricate something from thin air, and I didn't even record which nation I was looking at at the time so I can't have a second look. That's just embarrassing when I've been acting as though I had everything figured out.

Candlewhisper Archive
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Aug 28, 2015
Anarchy

Postby Candlewhisper Archive » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:12 pm

Phydios wrote:
Australian Republic wrote:So what's your issue about, specifically?

What do you mean? We aren't drafting anything here. We're gathering data on the newest published issue chain: a story about a scandal rocking your nation's government.

:rofl:
editors like linguistic ambiguity more than most people

Phydios
Minister

Postby Phydios » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:09 pm

Candlewhisper Archive wrote:
Phydios wrote:What do you mean? We aren't drafting anything here. We're gathering data on the newest published issue chain: a story about a scandal rocking your nation's government.

:rofl:

Sorry, I'm afraid I don't quite understand this post.

Jutsa
Negotiator

Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:44 pm

I presume he just kinda laughed at Aussie. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?