NATION

PASSWORD

SUBMITTED: The Old Man and the Park

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

SUBMITTED: The Old Man and the Park

Postby Australian rePublic » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:45 am

[title] The Old Man and the Park

[desc] A group of angry mothers chased a middle aged man out of a park for sitting at a playground taking photos of three little girls. The women were calling him a "creep" and a "pervert" before discovering that the man was in fact the three girls' father. The issue has been brought to the spotlight, and angry parties from both sides are lobbying in front of your office, demanding you take action

[validity]
Adults only

[option] "Men are normally disgusting pigs!" complains @@RANDOMFEMALENAME@@, one of the mothers in question. "So how was I supposed to know to know that this guy was one of the few exceptions? I was only trying to protect some little girls who I thought were in danger! I mean the girls didn't even look like their dad"
[effect] fathers usually carry a birth or adoption certificate when travelling with their daughters

[option] "For far too long, us men have been coping abuse from extreme feminists" complains @@RANDOMMALENAME@@, whilst handing you an Men's Right Activists flyer. "This is just another example of the toxic culture created by soccer mums! I mean, the poor man was innocently taking his daughters to the park, and the poor girls had to see their father get verbally abused. I suggest you do something, @@LEADER@@!"
[effect] playground stalkers often pretend to be the fathers of their victims
[title] The Old Man and the Park

[desc] A group of angry mothers chased a middle aged man out of a park for sitting at a playground taking photos of little girls. The women were calling him a "creep" and a "pervert" before discovering that the man was infact the girls' father. The issue has been brought to the spotlight, and angry parties from both sides are lobbying in front of your office, demanding you take action.

[validity]
Adults only

[option] "Men are normally disgusting pigs!" complains @@RANDOMFEMALENAME@@, one of the mothers in question "So how was I supposed to know to know that this guy was one of the few exceptions? I was only trying to protect some little girls who I thought were in danger! I mean the girls didn't even look their dad"
[effect] fathers usually carry a birth or adoption certificate when travelling with their daughters

[option] "For far too long, us men have been coping abuse from extreme feminists" complains @@RANDOMMALENAME@@, whilst handing you an MRA flyer "This is just another example of the toxic culture created by SJWs! I mean, the poor man was innocently taking his daughters to the park, and the poor girls had to see their father get verbally abused. I suggest you do something, @@LEADER@@"
[effect]
Last edited by Australian rePublic on Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:43 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Jutsa
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 06, 2015
Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:01 am

Well, this looks like a short-and-sweet issue, Aussie!
I wrote out my review of it below. :P

The Issue:
infact
in fact*
The issue has been brought to the spotlight, and angry parties from both sides are lobbying in front of your office, demanding you take action
You could keep it, though I doubt it's necessary.

Option 1:
"Men are normally disgusting pigs!"
:rofl:
one of the mothers in question
Period after question
I mean the girls didn't even look their dad"
look at their dad, or look like their dad? :blink:
Also, a period after dad
You may want to consider taking from the effect line and having her ask that fathers and legal guardians bring something along with them to protect themselves,
though if you did that, you'd have to come up with a less straight-forward effect line. If you decide to keep it as-is, then the effect line's just right.

Option 2:
extreme feminists"
Comma after feminists.
whilst handing you an MRA flyer
Not sure what MRA is, but a period after flyer.
"This is just another example of the toxic culture created by SJWs!
I suggest you do something, @@LEADER@@"
1) Period after @@LEADER@@
2) "do something"? Surely the guy could ask to make people not jump to conclusions and jump at men, or something?
[effect]
criminals get away with anything by saying "I'm their father"

Honestly, this issue's a little bit soft, imo. There's not even a mention about women taking pictures of children, and it's kind of hard to make an issue
which involves the minds of a whole slew of individuals. Still, I wish you well, Aussie. Plus, maybe you could add an option mentioning female photographers that just bans cameras?
Last edited by Jutsa on Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:02 am, edited 3 times in total.
You're welcome to telegram me any questions you have of the game. Unless I've CTE'd (ceased to exist) - then you physically can't do that.

Helpful* Got Issues? Links (Not Pinned In Forum) *mostly: >List of Issue-Related Lists | >Personal List of Issue Ideas | >List of Known Missing Issues/Options |
>Trotterdam's Issue Results/Policies Tracker | >Val's Bonus Stats | >Fauzjhia's Easter Egg Guide | >My Joke Drafts List | >Sherp's Author Rankings

Other Nifty Links: >Best-Ranked Useful Dispatches | >NSindex | >IA's WA Proposal Office | >Major Discord Links | >Trivia | >Cards Against NS | >Polls

"Remember, licking doorknobs is perfectly legal on other planets." - Ja Luıñaí

Frieden-und Freudenland
Minister

Founded: Jul 30, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Frieden-und Freudenland » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:17 pm

Australian Republic wrote:[title] The Old Man and the Park

[desc] A group of angry mothers chased a middle aged man out of a park for sitting at a playground taking photos of little girls. The women were calling him a "creep" and a "pervert" before discovering that the man was infact the girls' father. The issue has been brought to the spotlight, and angry parties from both sides are lobbying in front of your office, demanding you take action

[validity]
Adults only

[option] "Men are normally disgusting pigs!" complains @@RANDOMFEMALENAME@@, one of the mothers in question "So how was I supposed to know to know that this guy was one of the few exceptions? I was only trying to protect some little girls who I thought were in danger! I mean the girls didn't even look their dad"

[option] "For far too long, us men have been coping abuse from extreme feminists" complains @@RANDOMMALENAME@@, whilst handing you an MRA flyer "This is just another example of the toxic culture created by SJWs! I mean, the poor man was innocently taking his daughters to the park, and the poor girls had to see their father get verbally abused. I suggest you do something, @@LEADER@@"
[effect]

Nice issue, but I don't think you need to mention cameras. Taking the photos of other people (be they kids or adults) would be problematic because of privacy concerns, but here the main problem is that the guy has been mistaken for a pedophile. And I think this is a better premise to pursue. For example, in the Western countries, it might be seen as very awkward if an elderly guy sits on a bench on the edge of a children's playground. People tend to suspect that he might be a predator. But some other (typically Eastern) cultures do not always see it that way. (I had seen a video on Youtube uploaded by an American living in Japan, I guess, and she was saying that Japanese people did not make a fuss when they saw an adult men in the vicinity of children). Turkey would be somewhere midway between Japan and America, I suppose - the reactions you would get from people would depend on your behavior. If you do not misbehave or stare at the children, I think you would be fine.

Anyway, so I think it would be nice if you only mention that there was an old guy sitting on a bench at a children's playground and observing the kids, and then there are some people who mistake this guy for a pedophile and attack him; but then it turns out that he was the grandfather of one of the kids at the playground...
When I write, I don't have an accent.

My issues

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
~Walt Whitman

Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016

Postby Fauxia » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:58 pm

[desc] A group of angry mothers chased a middle aged man out of a park for sitting at a playground taking photos of little girls. The women were calling him a "creep" and a "pervert" before discovering that the man was infact the girls' father. The issue has been brought to the spotlight, and angry parties from both sides are lobbying in front of your office, demanding you take action

[validity]
Adults only
Does that mean not for class nations?

Can you exaggerate the fallout more? You could go far with this I think. The option is fine though.

[option] "For far too long, us men have been coping abuse from extreme feminists" complains @@RANDOMMALENAME@@, whilst handing you an MRA flyer "This is just another example of the toxic culture created by SJWs!
Write that out, I would suggest.
I mean, the poor man was innocently taking his daughters to the park, and the poor girls had to see their father get verbally abused. I suggest you do something, @@LEADER@@"
"I suggest you do something, leader :eyebrow: First of all, there should be an exclamation point. Second of all, you need to elaborate here. I'm not exactly sure what to put, I'm not thinking right now, but surely you can do better than that?
[effect]
Why is there no effect :eyebrow: ? You could put something like "Rapists and male pedophiles are assumed to be the father of their victims." But that might not be funny enough.
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012

Postby Trotterdam » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:14 pm

Frieden-und Freudenland wrote:Nice issue, but I don't think you need to mention cameras.
It was added at Luna Amore's suggestion.

I don't care much one way or another.

Frieden-und Freudenland wrote:Taking the photos of other people (be they kids or adults) would be problematic because of privacy concerns,
Taking photos of your own children is usually considered okay. You could argue there's a gray area if those photos also have other children in the background, though generally nobody minds much when parents take a few snaps of their children playing with their friends.

Frieden-und Freudenland wrote:but here the main problem is that the guy has been mistaken for a pedophile.
Is taking photos of children not something a pedophile would do?

Fauxia wrote:Can you exaggerate the fallout more? You could go far with this I think.
Eh, I think it's good. Needing to keep documentation on you at all times to prove that you aren't a pedophile already seems pretty extreme, and it gets the point across while a more exaggerated effect also risks having less connection to the topic.

Fauxia wrote:You could put something like "Rapists and male pedophiles are assumed to be the father of their victims." But that might not be funny enough.
Much child abuse is done by the children's own parents. But (A) that doesn't make it okay, and (B) the majority of parents don't.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:53 pm

Bump for second draft

Jutsa wrote:Well, this looks like a short-and-sweet issue, Aussie!
I wrote out my review of it below. :P

The Issue:
infact
in fact*
The issue has been brought to the spotlight, and angry parties from both sides are lobbying in front of your office, demanding you take action
You could keep it, though I doubt it's necessary.

Thanks for the feedback. I think I'll keep, the description is quite short with it

Option 1:
"Men are normally disgusting pigs!"
one of the mothers in question
Period after question
I mean the girls didn't even look their dad"
look at their dad, or look like their dad? :blink:
Also, a period after dad

Thanks!

You may want to consider taking from the effect line and having her ask that fathers and legal guardians bring something along with them to protect themselves,
though if you did that, you'd have to come up with a less straight-forward effect line. If you decide to keep it as-is, then the effect line's just right.

I think I'll keep it the way it is. The effect is extreme enough, and then by excluding these things. Besides, then you would have to include certain criteria for brothers, uncles, etc.

Option 2:
extreme feminists"
Comma after feminists.
whilst handing you an MRA flyer
Not sure what MRA is, but a period after flyer.
"This is just another example of the toxic culture created by SJWs!
I suggest you do something, @@LEADER@@"
1) Period after @@LEADER@@
2) "do something"? Surely the guy could ask to make people not jump to conclusions and jump at men, or something?
[effect]
criminals get away with anything by saying "I'm their father"

Thanks for the grammar fixes, I was thinking of writing that for the effect line, but I thought that it would take things too far

Honestly, this issue's a little bit soft, imo. There's not even a mention about women taking pictures of children, and it's kind of hard to make an issue

Exactly. Women can get away with anything. That's the point of this issue

Frieden-und Freudenland wrote:

[validity]
Adults only

[effect]

Nice issue, but I don't think you need to mention cameras. Taking the photos of other people (be they kids or adults) would be problematic because of privacy concerns, but here the main problem is that the guy has been mistaken for a pedophile. And I think this is a better premise to pursue. For example, in the Western countries, it might be seen as very awkward if an elderly guy sits on a bench on the edge of a children's playground. People tend to suspect that he might be a predator. But some other (typically Eastern) cultures do not always see it that way. (I had seen a video on Youtube uploaded by an American living in Japan, I guess, and she was saying that Japanese people did not make a fuss when they saw an adult men in the vicinity of children). Turkey would be somewhere midway between Japan and America, I suppose - the reactions you would get from people would depend on your behavior. If you do not misbehave or stare at the children, I think you would be fine.

Anyway, so I think it would be nice if you only mention that there was an old guy sitting on a bench at a children's playground and observing the kids, and then there are some people who mistake this guy for a pedophile and attack him; but then it turns out that he was the grandfather of one of the kids at the playground...

The camera was Luna Amore's suggestion. I think it fits in well, though

Fauxia wrote:

[validity]
Adults only
Does that mean not for class nations?

Correct

Can you exaggerate the fallout more? You could go far with this I think. The option is fine though.

[option] "For far too long, us men have been coping abuse from extreme feminists" complains @@RANDOMMALENAME@@, whilst handing you an MRA flyer "This is just another example of the toxic culture created by SJWs!
Write that out, I would suggest.
I mean, the poor man was innocently taking his daughters to the park, and the poor girls had to see their father get verbally abused. I suggest you do something, @@LEADER@@"
"I suggest you do something, leader :eyebrow: First of all, there should be an exclamation point. Second of all, you need to elaborate here. I'm not exactly sure what to put, I'm not thinking right now, but surely you can do better than that?
[effect]
Why is there no effect :eyebrow: ? You could put something like "Rapists and male pedophiles are assumed to be the father of their victims." But that might not be funny enough.

Yea, that takes it too far and isn't funny. Thanks for the gramatical fixes
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:57 pm

Trotterdam wrote:
Frieden-und Freudenland wrote:Nice issue, but I don't think you need to mention cameras.
It was added at Luna Amore's suggestion.

I don't care much one way or another.

Correct

Frieden-und Freudenland wrote:Taking the photos of other people (be they kids or adults) would be problematic because of privacy concerns,
Taking photos of your own children is usually considered okay. You could argue there's a gray area if those photos also have other children in the background, though generally nobody minds much when parents take a few snaps of their children playing with their friends.
[/quote]
Is taking photos of children not something a pedophile would do?

Eh, I think it's good. Needing to keep documentation on you at all times to prove that you aren't a pedophile already seems pretty extreme, and it gets the point across while a more exaggerated effect also risks having less connection to the topic.

Agreed

Much child abuse is done by the children's own parents. But (A) that doesn't make it okay, and (B) the majority of parents don't.

Yea, probably

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:06 am

Last call before submission

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Postby Trotterdam » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:21 pm

You need an effect line for the second option before you submit this.

Luna Amore
Issues Editor

Founded: Antiquity
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:24 pm

This could probably stand at least a third option although nothing jumps to mind.

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Postby Trotterdam » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:42 pm

Luna Amore wrote:This could probably stand at least a third option although nothing jumps to mind.
- Take children away from their parents to be raised communally / thrown to the wolves / etc.?
- Decide you're okay with pedophiles anyway?
Neither of those seem like particularly great ideas. I do think the main dilemma makes sense as a two-option issue, so the challenge for a third option is more coming up with a sufficiently funny crazy option rather than coming up with a sensible alternative or compromise.

Aclion
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Aclion » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:17 pm

"taking photos of little girls" implies to me that he may have been photographing other people's children. I don't know if that's intented but to me it creates the implication that he may in fact have been a pedophile.

Trotterdam wrote:
Luna Amore wrote:This could probably stand at least a third option although nothing jumps to mind.
- Take children away from their parents to be raised communally / thrown to the wolves / etc.?
- Decide you're okay with pedophiles anyway?
Neither of those seem like particularly great ideas. I do think the main dilemma makes sense as a two-option issue, so the challenge for a third option is more coming up with a sufficiently funny crazy option rather than coming up with a sensible alternative or compromise.

Hire police officers to monitor playground activity?
A popular Government, without popular information, or the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy; or, perhaps both. - James Madison.

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Postby Trotterdam » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:07 pm

Aclion wrote:Hire police officers to monitor playground activity?
But you'd still need laws for which people those police officers are actually supposed to arrest/chase off, which is... this issue.

Anyway, I don't think the main concern with pedophiles is them actually molesting a child on the playground (far too many witnesses, both child and adult, there), but rather selecting a victim there and stalking her for ambushing later. (I will admit that this is not a subject on which I have any first-hand experience.)

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:58 pm

So I added an effect for the second option

I'm with Trott on this one, I think it could stand as a two-option issue, I think it's better off without a third option, but anyway...
How about something like "Why are fathers in the park, anyway? Raising children is a mothers job. Dads should be out and working"

Aclion wrote:"taking photos of little girls" implies to me that he may have been photographing other people's children. I don't know if that's intented but to me it creates the implication that he may in fact have been a pedophile.

Fixed. Thanks!

Zaluzianskya
Spokesperson

Founded: May 14, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Zaluzianskya » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:43 pm

I don't think the SJW accusation in option two is fair. The stereotype of "women who scream at men in parks" belongs more to middle-aged soccer moms than college students with dyed hair.
She/her. Not an RPer.
Equality of gender/race/ethnicity/etc., disability accommodation, the government staying out of the bedrooms of consenting adult humans, healthcare, freedom of and from religion, recognition of science, reproductive freedom, and also tea-productive freedom
Class disparity, nationalism, forcing your religion (any religion) on others

Sanctaria
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 12, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Sanctaria » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:09 am

Zaluzianskya wrote:I don't think the SJW accusation in option two is fair. The stereotype of "women who scream at men in parks" belongs more to middle-aged soccer moms than college students with dyed hair.

I don't know if that's strictly true, but I would agree that nowadays the stereotypical "college feminist SJW" would probably take a picture of the guy herself, shame him on social media, and make it go viral, causing a lot more problems for the guy than just shouting at him in the park.
Divine Federation of Sanctaria

Ideological Bulwark #258

Dr. Bethany Greer CMD, Sanctarian Ambassador to the World Assembly
Author of:
GA#109 GA#133 GA#176 GA#201 GA#222 GA#297
GA#590 (Co)
Frisbeeteria wrote:Do people not realize that moderators can tell when someone is wanking?

Luna Amore wrote:Sanc is always watching. Ever vigilant.

Auralia wrote:Your condescending attitude is remarkably annoying.

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Postby Trotterdam » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:08 am

Mainly, I think the issue is that SJWs are generally wanting to either treat everyone more equal. They also tend to rage against the status quo, rather than being overzealous in opposing something that's already firmly illegal.

This father wasn't being accused of discriminating against women or children or female children or anything, just of giving them a little too much attention. That seems to fall outside of SJWs' purview.

Zaluzianskya
Spokesperson

Founded: May 14, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Zaluzianskya » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:30 am

Trotterdam wrote:Mainly, I think the issue is that SJWs are generally wanting to either treat everyone more equal. They also tend to rage against the status quo, rather than being overzealous in opposing something that's already firmly illegal.

This father wasn't being accused of discriminating against women or children or female children or anything, just of giving them a little too much attention. That seems to fall outside of SJWs' purview.

Yeah, this. What is with the kneejerk accuse-everyone-I-dislike-of-being-an-SJW trend that's been happening lately?

I may be a little biased because I'm a feminist and I often get labeled an SJW but I would pick option 2 of this issue without a second thought.
She/her. Not an RPer.
Equality of gender/race/ethnicity/etc., disability accommodation, the government staying out of the bedrooms of consenting adult humans, healthcare, freedom of and from religion, recognition of science, reproductive freedom, and also tea-productive freedom
Class disparity, nationalism, forcing your religion (any religion) on others

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:08 am

I'll change the SJW part to "soccer mum""
Besides that, last call before submission

National Socialists of Grammatica
Political Columnist

Founded: Aug 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby National Socialists of Grammatica » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:14 am

I suggest adding a third 'crazy' option about banning photography of children or something.
This nation is a joke about grammar nazis. It does in no way, shape or form represent my views.

*whomst've

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:03 am

National Socialists of Grammatica wrote:I suggest adding a third 'crazy' option about banning photography of children or something.

The problem is is that with or without the camera, he would still be thought to be a pedophile. The camera just adds insult to injury

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:05 am

Sorry I've let this issue, but I've been very busy lately

I need a new title for this issue, as it's too similar to that of another draft.

I was thinking:

-Parking Problems
-She took my park
-Parking Spots Causing Trouble
-Problems with Parking Children

What do you guys think? Any other title suggestions?
Last edited by Australian rePublic on Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:45 pm

Submitted: I changed the title to "His Parking Children" and changed soccer mums in the second option to radical feminists

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Postby Trotterdam » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:40 pm

How is "feminists" more applicable than "SJWs"?

It's not like anyone is complaining that mothers don't get to spend enough time with their kids because fathers keep stealing them.

The sole issue here is people being overzealous in protecting children from abuse, which is not, itself, a feminist goal.

...Okay, I guess that being overzealous in protecting adult women from perceived rapists would be something attributed to feminists/SJWs, so I can see where you made the connection. But when people are threatening little girls the "little" part gets more attention than the "girls" part, so I'm still not really making the association. Feminists would be getting uppity if there was a real or perceived conflict between school-age girls and school-age boys, but that's not what's going on here either.

Practically, pedophilia is bad. This is sufficiently widely-accepted that even feminists don't usually accuse the patriarchy of thinking otherwise. The problem isn't so much thinking that most men are pedophiles, as thinking that men who aren't pedophiles would have no interest in children (and so anyone who does must be one) - which actually falls into the "raising children is women's work" stereotype which is generally considered anti-feminist. Feminists might not be particularly interested in addressing the problem (since it's not women being hurt by it), but I don't think they're the cause, either.

Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016

Postby Fauxia » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:57 pm

Trotterdam wrote:How is "feminists" more applicable than "SJWs"?

It's not like anyone is complaining that mothers don't get to spend enough time with their kids because fathers keep stealing them.

The sole issue here is people being overzealous in protecting children from abuse, which is not, itself, a feminist goal.

...Okay, I guess that being overzealous in protecting adult women from perceived rapists would be something attributed to feminists/SJWs, so I can see where you made the connection. But when people are threatening little girls the "little" part gets more attention than the "girls" part, so I'm still not really making the association. Feminists would be getting uppity if there was a real or perceived conflict between school-age girls and school-age boys, but that's not what's going on here either.

Practically, pedophilia is bad. This is sufficiently widely-accepted that even feminists don't usually accuse the patriarchy of thinking otherwise. The problem isn't so much thinking that most men are pedophiles, as thinking that men who aren't pedophiles would have no interest in children (and so anyone who does must be one) - which actually falls into the "raising children is women's work" stereotype which is generally considered anti-feminist. Feminists might not be particularly interested in addressing the problem (since it's not women being hurt by it), but I don't think they're the cause, either.
Not everyone thinks pedophilia is bad, actually.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/mil ... c1d1f88d77

To be honest, I can't promise you he was actually serious, because I don't know how serious Milo Yiannopouloupoulopouloupolos is, to some degree at least he's just a troll.
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?