NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] Literal Party Animals

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Yeffin
Attaché

Founded: Apr 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

[DRAFT] Literal Party Animals

Postby Yeffin » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:18 am

[The Issue] In response to a particularly strange segment aired on the local news last night about a peculiar group of people known as "furries" who flock to convention centers in @@capital@@ annually to party and indulge in alcohol and furry-themed art and literature all the while dressed in oversized animal costumes. Locals are in an uproar over the recent shenanigans caused by unruly convention-goers, stating that their behavior is a dangerous influence to @@name@@'s youth. Some concerned citizens and furries alike have slithered, trotted, sauntered, pounced, and hopped into your office demanding a say on the matter.

(Choice 1)
While absentmindedly playing with a desk toy in your office, your office door comes crashing down followed by a rather bouncy visitor clad in a green and brown dog costume who strolls right on in. "Hiya @@Leader@@, my name's Doggo, but you can call me @@randomnamemale@@. We furries just like to have fun like everyone else just...differently. A little party never killed nobody. Look, if the government could support our little community with an itty-bitty subsidy or two, what'd be the harm in that? After all, do you know how much money the government could make off of this?" He walks out, taking your desk toy with him.

(Choice 2)
"Everybody knows these 'furry conventions' are nothing more than drunken festivals that cater to costumed freaks who indulge in promiscuous sex, and drugs, and Violet knows what else!", shouts concerned parent @@randomname@@, right in your ear. "For the sake of all that is decent and holy, I implore you ban these disgusting furry conventions! Think of the children, dammit!"

(Choice 3)
A short, burly man with a blue clip-on tail known as 'Mumbles the Skunk' weaves his way past your security guards up to your desk. "Oh please tell me your not considering barring us from convention centers just because a few folks can't hold their liquor? And a government subsidy is the LAST thing taxpayers like myself would want. All I'm sayin' here is that our community is a haven to folks who share a common interest in anthropomorphic animals. Every furry knows that convention money goes to a good cause. Like that time last year we raised over 12,000 @@currency@@ for a @capital@@ animal rescue shelter, and another 9,000 @@currency@@ for service dogs for disabled veterans! Could ya do us a favor and please try to convince the public that we furries are harmless, beneficial even? The fact that we drink ourselves half to death should be irrelevant." He shakes your hand and turns around to leave before pulling an old ball-cap out of the trash. "You mind if I keep this?"

I do have a question though, how long would it take to get a reply back usually?
Working on a desc

United Spibaiduskies
Civilian

Founded: Jul 30, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby United Spibaiduskies » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:55 pm

Nay, irrelevant to policy

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:26 am

Hello and welcome to Got Issues! It's always nice to see a new writer!

Pretty giod for a first draft :clap: :clap: :clap:

Now let's take a look. I'm gonna be abrupt and to the point here, which is a reflection of my personality, not your work

What exactly is the problem? Alcohol? We have many issues related to the problems of alcohol, and none are specific to anything, as there is no reason to single out furries
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Yeffin
Attaché

Founded: Apr 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Yeffin » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:04 pm

Australian Republic wrote:

Hello and welcome to Got Issues! It's always nice to see a new writer!

Pretty giod for a first draft :clap: :clap: :clap:

Now let's take a look. I'm gonna be abrupt and to the point here, which is a reflection of my personality, not your work

What exactly is the problem? Alcohol? We have many issues related to the problems of alcohol, and none are specific to anything, as there is no reason to single out furries

Alcoholism, promiscuous sex, drugs, possible infidelity(?). Secondly, the issue if the government should fund special interest groups, if they should support but not fund such a group, and or if the federal government should but out of charity as a whole.
That, and I'd kinda like to see a nod to the fandom.
Last edited by Yeffin on Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Working on a desc

Jutsa
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 06, 2015
Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:55 am

I was literally thinking about a furry issue just a few days ago, and I realized I never took a good look at this draft.
Being a friend of several furries, I can promise you that I approve of a draft about this. :)

Well, welcome Yeffin!(which if I'm not mistaking is a name vaguely reminiscent of furries as well...? ;))
Let's get started!

The Issue/Validity:
*snip of entire first sentence*
Wow... that's a long sentence. :shock:
If you could find a way to either shorten it or break it up into two, possibly three sentences, that'd be swell.
Also, "oversized" should be over-sized, I think, though I'm basing that entirely on the fact that it has a red line under it as I'm writing this.
Finally, I should note that your sentence starts off with "In response to", and states what something's in response to, but doesn't say what that something is. :blush:
I recommend just removing "In response to".
Some concerned citizens and furries alike have slithered, trotted, sauntered, pounced, and hopped into your office demanding a say on the matter.
Ok, normally people recommend not stating "X walked into your office", but for creative things like these...
come on, this has to stay. It's beautiful. :clap:
Also, I recommend adding "Validity: adults only, alcohols not banned" underneath the description.

Option 1:
While absentmindedly playing with a desk toy in your office, your office door comes crashing down followed by a rather bouncy visitor clad in a green and brown dog costume who strolls right on in.
Well, you already mentioned that everyone bounced into your office, but if you'd like to keep it, I recommend:
a) Cutting the sentence in two (i.e. "crashing down followed by a rather" could be "crashing down. Following it is a rather", and
b) Cutting out "who strolls right on in".
"Hiya @@Leader@@, my name's Doggo, but you can call me @@randomnamemale@@.
.... :rofl:
Ok, ok, serious time. Comma after Hiya and having an exclamation point after @@LEADER@@ which thereby capitalized my would probably be more grammatical.
Also, the fact that he's not saying his real name and insisting you call him Doggo, and is in fact doing it the other way around, is actually brilliant. :clap:
We furries just like to have fun like everyone else just...differently.
Again, for grammatical purposes, I recommend changing the ending to else. Just... differently.
After all, do you know how much money the government could make off of this?"
No, I legitimately have no idea how much money you could make off of this. :lol2:

Option 2:
Violet knows what else!",
Very good, albeit the comma at the end should be removed.
decent and holy [...] Think of the children, dammit!"
:clap:
I personally recommend having another option between this and 3 that promotes banning furries altogether. This one seems to just focus on the conventions, which I think is also a fine option.

Final note, I ran into the emoji cap at this point, so no fun-loving emotions beyond this point until the end. (I managed to reserve one.)

Option 3:
A short, burly man with a blue clip-on tail known as 'Mumbles the Skunk'
The lack of emoji clicking is killing me. Anyhoo, comma after blue
liquor?
I think a period afterliquor would do fine.
Every furry knows that convention money goes to a good cause. Like that time last year we raised over 12,000 @@currency@@ for a @capital@@ animal rescue shelter, and another 9,000 @@currency@@ for service dogs for disabled veterans!
You could possibly keep the first sentence, although I'm sure some of it could be removed - especially everything after the first sentence.
That'll also help cut down on the rather large size of this option.

I should also probably mention that you have no fallouts/effect lines(same thing). Put one underneath each option, if you can. also, they must not be in a sentence format, just like this - only without commas

So, to summarize:
1) Shorten things, primarily in the description and option 3, possibly even a bit in option 1, but that's your call.
2) Fix a few grammar mistakes.
3) Think about adding an option that outright bans furries, maybe as option 3 or 4, though you don't have to.
4) add effect lines like this
5) Add the validity underneath the description.

Aside from that, I think that this is actually a very good issue - especially for someone who's... never done it before?
Is this your first issue? It's hard to tell, because Aussie means to greet newcomers, but I've seen him welcome people three times.
At any rate, good luck with your issue, Yeffen! Take/leave from my review what you will, and I do hope to see this in the game. :D
You're welcome to telegram me any questions you have of the game. Unless I've CTE'd (ceased to exist) - then you physically can't do that.

Helpful* Got Issues? Links (Not Pinned In Forum) *mostly: >List of Issue-Related Lists | >Personal List of Issue Ideas | >List of Known Missing Issues/Options |
>Trotterdam's Issue Results/Policies Tracker | >Val's Bonus Stats | >Fauzjhia's Easter Egg Guide | >My Joke Drafts List | >Sherp's Author Rankings

Other Nifty Links: >Best-Ranked Useful Dispatches | >NSindex | >IA's WA Proposal Office | >Major Discord Links | >Trivia | >Cards Against NS | >Polls

"Remember, licking doorknobs is perfectly legal on other planets." - Ja Luıñaí

Jutsa
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 06, 2015
Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:39 am

Ah, I just thought of something else for the validity:

Must not have compulsory nudity
You're welcome to telegram me any questions you have of the game. Unless I've CTE'd (ceased to exist) - then you physically can't do that.

Helpful* Got Issues? Links (Not Pinned In Forum) *mostly: >List of Issue-Related Lists | >Personal List of Issue Ideas | >List of Known Missing Issues/Options |
>Trotterdam's Issue Results/Policies Tracker | >Val's Bonus Stats | >Fauzjhia's Easter Egg Guide | >My Joke Drafts List | >Sherp's Author Rankings

Other Nifty Links: >Best-Ranked Useful Dispatches | >NSindex | >IA's WA Proposal Office | >Major Discord Links | >Trivia | >Cards Against NS | >Polls

"Remember, licking doorknobs is perfectly legal on other planets." - Ja Luıñaí

Return to Got Issues?