NATION

PASSWORD

SUBMITTED Boring Issue, Another Option, Another Option

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

SUBMITTED Boring Issue, Another Option, Another Option

Postby Australian rePublic » Sun May 21, 2017 4:28 am

What do you do when there are hundreds of cliches in issues? Exactly, you write an issue that satyrises the cleiches!

What do you do when you are told that there are too many issue cliches? If you said avoid using the cliches, well then you are wrong. The correct answer is to write an issue satirising them!
[title] Boring Issue, Another Option, Another Option

[desc] A group of angry protesters has crowded the streets and caused a traffic jam, to raise awareness of how @@DENONYMPLURAL@@ always use the same methods of protest

[validity] Must allow protests

[option] "Won't somebody please think of the children?" asks @@RANDOMFEMALEFIRSTNAME@@ Flanders, as she bangs down your door and slams on your desks "These monotonous reactions are breeding one boring generation after another. Bring an end to monotonous protests by, I don't know, extending copyright law, or something" she then opens the curtain to reveal her angry mob blocking traffic.
[effect] making signs for protests violates copyright law

[option] "Whoever has a problem with monotony can bite my shiny metal ass" suggests @@RANDOMMALEFIRSTNAME@@ Bender, whilst showing you his metallic donkey shaped chew toy "I mean I'd like to hear your suggestions about how to protest... exactly... I mean we may use the same methods over and over again, but that's because they're effective"
[effect] monotony has become the nation's number 1 export
Last edited by Australian rePublic on Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:58 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Raionitu
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 06, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Raionitu » Sun May 21, 2017 7:03 am

I like the idea, although I think it could use a third option or something to add substance to the issue.

Australian Republic wrote:"These montonous reactions are breading one broing generation after another. Bring an end to montonous protests by, I don't know, extending copyright law, or something" she then opens the curtain to reveal her angry mob blcoking traffic

Quick spell check:
montonous -> monotonous x2
blcoking->blocking
Koth wrote:you guys are cool, like lately ive been watching the overal state of the raider world and been like,"ew", but you guys are very not ew
Reppy wrote:Swearing is just fucking fine on this goddamn fucking forum.
Aguaria Major wrote:The Black Hawks is essentially a regional equivalent of Heath Ledger's Joker: they just want to watch the world burn
Frisbeeteria wrote:Please stop.Please.
Souls wrote:Hi, I'm Souls. Have you embraced our lord and savior , Piling yet?
Souls wrote:Note to self: Watch out for Rai in my bedroom
Altinsane wrote:Me, about every suspiciously helpful newb I meet: "It's probably Rai."
Lord Dominator wrote:Koth is a drunken alternate personality of yours

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012

Postby Trotterdam » Sun May 21, 2017 5:06 pm

I am assuming that numerous misspellings are part of those cliches you're parodying? Or is that just you?

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Sun May 21, 2017 6:03 pm

Trotterdam wrote:I am assuming that numerous misspellings are part of those cliches you're parodying? Or is that just you?

It's just me...
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Wed May 24, 2017 4:40 am

Any ideas for a third option?

Leppikania
Minister

Founded: Apr 13, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Leppikania » Wed May 24, 2017 8:08 am

They're spelled "cliché" and "satirize".
Australian Republic wrote:[title] Boring Issue, Another Option, aAnother Option

[desc] A group of angry protestors has crowded the streets and caused a traffic jam, to raise awareness of how @@DENONYMPLURAL@@ always use the samwe methods of protest

[validity] Must allow protests, adults only

[option] "Won't somebody please think of the children?" asks @@RANDOMFEMALEFIRSTNAME@@ Flanders, as she bangs down your door and slams on your desks, "These montonous reactions are breaeding one broring generation after another. Bring an end to montonous protests by, I don't know, extending copyright law, or something." she then opens the curtain to reveal her angry mob blcocking traffic.

[option] "Whoever has a problem with monotony can bite my shiny metal ass" suggests @@RANDOMMALEFIRSTNAME@@ Bender, whilst showing you his metallic donkey shaped chew toy "I mean I'd like to hear your suggestions about how to protest... exactly... I mean we may use the same methods over and over again, but that's because they're effective."

FTFY
INTP, -4.25 Economic Left/Right, -4.1 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian, tastes like chicken.
I do use NS stats, thank you very much.
Funny Quotes
Pie charts for industries
Request an Embassy

Candlewhisper Archive
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Aug 28, 2015
Anarchy

Postby Candlewhisper Archive » Wed May 24, 2017 9:30 am

Satirise, in Australian and British English, actually.
editors like linguistic ambiguity more than most people

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Sun May 28, 2017 4:11 pm

I fixed the typos, and didn't bother with a new draft as it was just typo fixing. Any ideas for as third option?

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Wed May 31, 2017 5:54 pm

Last call before submission

Candlewhisper Archive
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Aug 28, 2015
Anarchy

Postby Candlewhisper Archive » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:48 am

Australian Republic wrote:I fixed the typos

You really haven't.
editors like linguistic ambiguity more than most people

Aclion
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Aclion » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:57 am

[title] Boring Issue, Another Option, Another Option

[desc] A group of angry protesters has crowded the streets and caused a traffic jam, to raise awarness of how @@DENONYMPLURAL always use the same methods of protest

[option] "Won't somebody please think of the children?" asks @@RANDOMFEMALEFIRSTNAME@@ Flanders, as she bangs down your door and slams on your desks "These monotonous reactions are breeding one boring generation after another. Bring an end to monotonous protests by, I don't know, extending copyright law, or something" she then opens the curtain to reveal her angry mob blocking traffic.

[option] "Whoever has a problem with monotony can bite my shiny metal ass" suggests @@RANDOMMALEFIRSTNAME@@ Bender, whilst showing you his metallic donkey shaped chew toy "I mean I'd like to hear your suggestions about how to protest... exactly... I mean we may use the same methods over and over again, but that's because they're effective"
A popular Government, without popular information, or the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy; or, perhaps both. - James Madison.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:15 pm

Aclion wrote:[title] Boring Issue, Another Option, Another Option

[desc] A group of angry protesters has crowded the streets and caused a traffic jam, to raise awarness of how @@DENONYMPLURAL always use the same methods of protest

Fixed, thanks!

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:59 pm

Bump for submission

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?