NATION

PASSWORD

[draft] State money vs private money

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Zorinthja
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 10, 2017
Ex-Nation

[draft] State money vs private money

Postby Zorinthja » Mon May 15, 2017 3:04 pm

Desc: A new private currency has emerged and is influencing our economy, begging the question, should private currency be legal?

Validity: internet is not outlawed, some degree of private industry

Option 1: "It is called a free market for a reason!" Says your capitalist father. "If we let this continue it will boost the economy as there will be more competitiveness, there may be a few reprocussns like fraud and corruption, but the benefits drastically outweigh reprocussions. And while we are at it, we might as well dump the current income and transactions tax for state currency."

Option 2: "I can't believe you are even considering this!" Says your senior officer of economic crime. "All this will bring it corruption fraud and will give the large corporations even MORE power than they need, they could even have more power than the government if we let this go! We need to immediately ban this act of crime for the sake of less economic crime rates, which might even help the economy a little bit."

Option 3: "I don't understand, why do we even need a state enforced currency." Says right wing extremist. "We need to let capitalism run its course for the good of the proletarians AND the bourgeois."

Option 4: "The answer is simple, hire a group of nerds to enforce a law against internet crime." Says a local nerd. "It would cost quite a bit for training and would divert a bit of , but we could fine these criminals to counteract most of the cost. It would also help decrease corruption, fraud, and general internet crime.

Option 5: "Hang on there my fellow nerd." Says the local nerd's friend. "Why do we even need a currency? If we get rid of currency it would influence people to work for their rights of healthcare, food, and housing, it might hurt foreign trade quite a bit, but it will help the common man a lot more."

Option 6: "Hold on their you whipper snappers." Say your grandfather. "The government has always kept us together so why kill two birds with on stone, and take the tax off of state currency and slap a bigger one on private currency, it would hurt the bigger corporations a little but atleast we would have more money and stay in control."

Talking point 1: fraud and economic corruption are on a all time high

Talking point 2: Corporations are looking to other countries and is affecting our economy drastically

Talking point 3: due to a lack of a majority currency, Economic stability is plummeting

Talking point 4: computer geeks are now recognised as officers of the law

Talking point 5: the economy is suffering the worst recession ever

Talking point 6: the government regularly hurts business for more money
Last edited by Zorinthja on Tue May 16, 2017 3:28 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Mon May 15, 2017 6:37 pm

Is this supposed to be in reference to bit coin? I'm pretty sure we have an issue on that, and it's called ByteCoin
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Zorinthja
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zorinthja » Mon May 15, 2017 6:48 pm

Australian Republic wrote:Is this supposed to be in reference to bit coin? I'm pretty sure we have an issue on that, and it's called ByteCoin

No, this is meant to be broader and questions all currency ideas

A Humanist Prognostication
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby A Humanist Prognostication » Mon May 15, 2017 7:34 pm

The bigger problem is that options 3 and 5 are invalid due to national currency being a hard-coded field. No its specific value, mind, but simply in the fact of its existance. Folks over in Technical probably won't be interested in turning a descriptor field on/off based on an issue response.

Also, "private currency" is already de facto legal anywhere barter is legal anyway. The legality of trading tube socks for little strips of custom artwork is both mundane and obvious. Now, if you want to expand on the "fraud" aspect, and make an issue about people falsly representing little strips as legal tender , that might be interesting. And distinct from the ByteCoin thing.
The whole world is just made of people who didn't kill themselves today. That's who's here. It's all of us who went 'ok, fuck it, I'll keep doing it.' -- Louis C.K.

Zorinthja
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zorinthja » Mon May 15, 2017 9:11 pm

A Humanist Prognostication wrote:The bigger problem is that options 3 and 5 are invalid due to national currency being a hard-coded field. No its specific value, mind, but simply in the fact of its existance. Folks over in Technical probably won't be interested in turning a descriptor field on/off based on an issue response.

Also, "private currency" is already de facto legal anywhere barter is legal anyway. The legality of trading tube socks for little strips of custom artwork is both mundane and obvious. Now, if you want to expand on the "fraud" aspect, and make an issue about people falsly representing little strips as legal tender , that might be interesting. And distinct from the ByteCoin thing.

I will get right to that

Zorinthja
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zorinthja » Tue May 16, 2017 1:40 am

A Humanist Prognostication wrote:The bigger problem is that options 3 and 5 are invalid due to national currency being a hard-coded field. No its specific value, mind, but simply in the fact of its existance. Folks over in Technical probably won't be interested in turning a descriptor field on/off based on an issue response.

And also, by 'private currency', I don't mean anything but state regulated currency, I mean fiat money that isn't regulated by the state like the bitcoin for example

A Humanist Prognostication
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby A Humanist Prognostication » Tue May 16, 2017 7:14 am

Zorinthja wrote:And also, by 'private currency', I don't mean anything but state regulated currency, I mean fiat money that isn't regulated by the state like the bitcoin for example

Ok, but fiat currency not regulated by the state could be anything. Custom artwork, bottle caps, shiny rocks, farts. The issue, as is, is about everything. And thus nothing.

At least anywhere barter is legal.
The whole world is just made of people who didn't kill themselves today. That's who's here. It's all of us who went 'ok, fuck it, I'll keep doing it.' -- Louis C.K.

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Tue May 16, 2017 10:04 am

You're missing one very important question: Are transactions and incomes in this new currency taxable?
Last edited by Bears Armed on Tue May 16, 2017 10:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Zorinthja
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zorinthja » Tue May 16, 2017 3:27 pm

Bears Armed wrote:You're missing one very important question: Are transactions and incomes in this new currency taxable?

I have put in a new option that informs the player of a current transactionsand income tax, and gives the option to scrap it for it to be put onto private currency instead

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?