NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] The Ministry of Memes

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Annihilators of Chan Island
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

[DRAFT] The Ministry of Memes

Postby Annihilators of Chan Island » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:09 am

I'm back! The insane period of my life is over, and now I have some sweet, sweet spare time to make new issues!

An unfortunate (but admittedly hilarious) photo of one of your junior ministers has become an instant online sensation, spawning hundreds upon hundreds of memes and even a dedicated website in just a few hours.

validity: nation has the internet

[option] "Enough!" blubbers @@RANDOMNAME@@, the minister in question."That was a bad day, and a citizen had just been reaming me with her bigoted opinions for - oh is the mic still on? Well turn it off! Get that photo off the internet and crack down on those silly mockeries. Just look at this filth! I have a family, I have an extremely important and serious job in one of the most powerful governments in the region! How can I do my duties if I'm a joke?"
[effect] shady men in trench coats are the sole providers of some memes

[option] "Indeed, how can you do your job if you're a joke?" agrees @@RANDOMNAME@@, your most sinister advisor."Let's face it; this person has been a liability to your government for a long time, boss. And I bet that was another gaffe right there in front of us. Cut out the problem and show the good people of our @@TYPE@@ that we are a competent government. When that's done, I have some ideas as to some other people we could do well removing before they become a problem."
[effect]the country's websites are filled with eulogies for a fired minister

[option] "Bwahahahaha," laughs @@RANDOMNAME@@, while scrolling through a 50 best- compilation of the new meme."This stuff is actually seriously funny, @@LEADER@@. We really ought to take advantage of this and use it in our marketing. Come to think of it, this *tragic* picture from your youth I just found is just begging to be put in a starry background with a catchy slogan....."
[effect] cringe rates are up by 170% ever since the government began making its own memes

[option] "Fool of a mook!" declares @@RANDOMNAME@@, who wasn't invited to this conference."Feeding the trolls like that is exactly what they want! I say we ignore them and get back to the usual business of government. Isn't the budget due to come round next week... well, why not have it come round tomorrow instead? I'm confident the trolls will forget about that silly picture soon enough and move on."
[effect] photoshop wars of the new budget has taken the web by storm
Last edited by Annihilators of Chan Island on Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This nation is modeled on being my absolute worst dystopia imaginable. In no way do the Annihilators reflect my opinions, in fact I am totally against almost every single policy they enact.
I support insanely high tax rates, do you?

I honestly really like to write issues.

Proud member of The Anti Democracy League

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:15 pm

What exactly was in that photo? Also, option 1 makes no sense, sorry
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Candlewhisper Archive
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Aug 28, 2015
Anarchy

Postby Candlewhisper Archive » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:04 am

Australian Republic wrote:What exactly was in that photo?

The author doesn't have to say, and sometimes the narrative is improved by not doing so. Basically this trope:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... rWordForIt
editors like linguistic ambiguity more than most people

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:33 am

Candlewhisper Archive wrote:

The author doesn't have to say, and sometimes the narrative is improved by not doing so. Basically this trope:

Interesting...
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Annihilators of Chan Island » Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:47 am

Turns out there was more to be done, but this time my life is over that insane craziness. Sorry for the semi-gravedig.

Candlewhisper Archive wrote:

That's exactly the trope I was going for! People might not find any descriptive I put in funny, so just avoid the description of the meme itself to put in there.

Anyway, any thing else?
This nation is modeled on being my absolute worst dystopia imaginable. In no way do the Annihilators reflect my opinions, in fact I am totally against almost every single policy they enact.

Katalaysia
Envoy

Founded: Sep 18, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Katalaysia » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:12 am

Annihilators of Chan Island wrote:I'm back! The insane period of my life is over, and now I have some sweet, sweet spare time to make new issues!

An unfortunate (but admittedly hilarious) photo of one of your junior ministers has become an instant online sensation, spawning hundreds upon hundreds of memes and even a dedicated website in just a few hours.

[option] "Enough!" blubbers @@RANDOMNAME@@, the minister in question."That was a bad day, and a citizen had just been reaming me with her bigoted opinions for - oh is the mic still on? Well turn? it off! Get that photo off the internet and crack down on those silly mockeries. Just look at this filth! I have a family, I have an extremely important and serious job in one of the most powerful governments in the region-I'd take out the dash and replace it with an exclaimation mark, but that's just personal opinion how can I do my duties if I'm a joke?"
[effect] as you can see, this compromising image no longer existsI'd personally reword this, because you can't actually see the lack of photo

[option] "Indeed, how can you do your job if you're a joke?" agrees @@RANDOMNAME@@, your most sinister advisor."Let's face it; this person has been a liability to your government for a long time, boss. And I bet that was another gaffe right there in front of us. Cut out the problem and show the good people of our @@TYPE@@ that we are a competent government. When that's done, I have some ideas as to some other people we could do well removing before they become a problem."

[option] "BwahahahahaI'd personally not use onomatopoeia for this, since it sounds somewhat evil, and instead just describe the laughter," laughs @@RANDOMNAME@@, while scrolling through a 50 best- compilation of the new meme."This stuff is actually seriously funny, @@LEADER@@. We really ought to take advantage of this and use it in our marketing. Come to think of it, this *tragic* picture from your youth I just found is just begging to be put in a starry background with a catchy slogan....."
[effect] cringe rates are up by 170% ever since the government began making its own memes

[option] "Fool of a mook!" declares @@RANDOMNAME@@, who wasn't invited to this conference."Feeding the trolls like that is exactly what they want! I say we ignore them and get back to the usual business of government. Isn't the budget due to come round next week... well, why not have it come round tomorrow instead? I'm confident the trolls will forget about that silly picture soon enough and move on."
Uses Nationstates Stats, except for population. Assume around 100,000-120,000 people.
Slight PMT. Uses forcefields and slightly more advanced robots, but otherwise MT.
Please inform me if I make any mistakes! I'm quite new to this, and don't really follow politics otherwise, so any help is appreciated!
Author of "Shh, Spoilers!" and "Plug In and Play"

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Annihilators of Chan Island » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:41 pm

Katalaysia wrote:
Annihilators of Chan Island wrote:I'm back! The insane period of my life is over, and now I have some sweet, sweet spare time to make new issues!

[option] "Enough!" blubbers @@RANDOMNAME@@, the minister in question."That was a bad day, and a citizen had just been reaming me with her bigoted opinions for - oh is the mic still on? Well turn? it off! Get that photo off the internet and crack down on those silly mockeries. Just look at this filth! I have a family, I have an extremely important and serious job in one of the most powerful governments in the region-I'd take out the dash and replace it with an exclaimation mark, but that's just personal opinion how can I do my duties if I'm a joke?"
[effect] as you can see, this compromising image no longer existsI'd personally reword this, because you can't actually see the lack of photo

[option] "BwahahahahaI'd personally not use onomatopoeia for this, since it sounds somewhat evil, and instead just describe the laughter," laughs @@RANDOMNAME@@, while scrolling through a 50 best- compilation of the new meme."This stuff is actually seriously funny, @@LEADER@@. We really ought to take advantage of this and use it in our marketing. Come to think of it, this *tragic* picture from your youth I just found is just begging to be put in a starry background with a catchy slogan....."

Love most of these, implementing them.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?