NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] A Heart of Gold Transistors

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Cyborgs and Sentient Machines
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 28, 2015
Ex-Nation

[DRAFT] A Heart of Gold Transistors

Postby Cyborgs and Sentient Machines » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:52 pm

The Age of Metal?

Following numerous reports of the abduction of homeless people off of the streets, the illCybes Industries CEO Jon Numic, has announced the release of "human 2.0" to the public.

1. [option]"If I might make a personal plea" says Jon Numic, "I am dying, this transplant to the metal body will keep us, our brains alive, this technology will eradicate death, I implore you to set aside large amounts of funds to make this afordable. Sure, we might not be entirely human anymore, but the benefits outweigh the risks!"
    [Effect]Doctors are being re-trained as mechanics.
    [Stats]+ Life Span, Business Subsidization, Health, Intelligence, Scientific Advancement,
    - Death Rate, Culture, Primitivism

2. [Option]"NO! YOU CAN'T DO THIS!" says infamous leader of The Teacher's Luddite Union @@RANDOMNAME@@, "With these upgrades, people could download data, we'd all be out of jobs! We should ban this invasive technology, along with other things that threaten my job"
    [Effects]@@NAME@@ Has banned computers in the name of saving jobs.
    [Stats]+
    -

3. [Option]"This is Heresy!" shouts the High Priest of Violetism, @@RANDOMNAMEMALE@@, as he waves a passage of the holy text into your face. "If we become immortal, how will we meet with our creator? Death should not be feared, stop playing God and ban all this monstrous machinery, we should not tamper with our God given form, along with that, we should ban all machinery, less this comes to haunt us again."
    [Effects]@@NAME@@ has regressed several hundred years in technology, and any mention of automata will result in a stoning.
    [Stats]+
    -

4. [Option]"This looks, very interesting..." Says General @@RANDOMNAME@@ "Maybe if we made a few alterations to this, we could turn every one of our Soldiers into Walking Tanks! Or rather... Flying Tanks!" as he steals a look at a jetpack in the room".
    [Effects]Every soldier is now a weapon to surpass iron gear, and with these upgrades, others will never stand a chance.
    [Stats]+
    -

5. Option]"THEY experimented on homeless people! And you seriously going to allow THEM to put OUR brains in CANS?!" Yells well known conspiracy theorist Alec Jone, as he clasps his tin foil hat to make sure it is still on his head. "Ban this technology and jail the inventor before it is to late! AND FOR GOD'S SAKE HANDS OFF MY BRAINWAVES!"
    [Effects]@@Name@@ has banned mobile phones for suspicions of them interfering with Brainwaves.
    [Stats]+
    -

6. [option]Your teenage nephew @@RANDOMNAMEMALE@@ rushes to your side and pulls out the Communist Manifesto, accidentally slapping your face. "Uncle! If we let these corporates sell these, who knows what they will do to us when they are maintaining us! We MUST nationalise these upgrades and create a future that will create equality and equity!"
    [Effects]Upgrading is compulsory, resistance is futile.
    [Stats]+
    -

7. [option]"Woah, woah, can't we come to a consensus?" notes the famous pacifist liberal, @@NAME@@, "We could just partially upgrade ourselves with cybernetic enhancements, instead of fully converting ourselves. Plus it must be a pretty brutal experience to be converted to those metal coffins...I mean machines."
    [Effects]Cybernetic enhancements has become a new trend among the younger generations.
    [Stats]+
    -

Hearts of Gold Transistors

Cybes Industries CEO Jon Numic, has announced "Human 2.0". A robotic body that the brain is transplanted into that will replace the human body.
However, it was accomplished through experimentation on the homeless.

1. [option]@@RANDOMFIRSTNAMEMALE@@ one of the homeless victims crashes through your wall and says "I rather like my new body, I feel like AndroCop!" in a voice that sounds rather like NanoSoft Sam.
    "If it isn't hurting you, why should you put your big nose into it?"
    [Effect]Doctors are being retrained as mechanics.
    [Stats]+ Life Span, Health, Intelligence, Scientific Advancement,

2. [Option]"YOU CAN'T ALLOW THIS!" Screams @@RANDOMENAME@@, leader of the recently popular Ludite Union. "If this continues, everyone who doesn't upgrade will become second class citizens! We can't us lose our humanity!? Technology that makes us lose jobs MUST be banned!"
    [Stats]+
    -

3. [option]"This is totally unacceptable!" says the police chief, @@RANDOMNAMEFEMALEMALE@@ as she storms in. "If a victim of kidnapping develops Stockholm Syndrome, does the kidnapper get off Scott free?
    This CEO lured homeless people into his factories and mutilated them, this CEO must be arrested."
    [Effect]Human experimentation often ends with SWAT teams.
    [Stats]+ Safety
    -

4. [Option]"This is Heresy!" Proclaims the High Priest of Violetism, @@RANDOMNAMEMALE@@, as he waves a passage of the holy text into your face. "If we become immortal, how will we meet with our creator? Death should not be feared, stop playing God and ban all this monstrous machinery, we should not tamper with our God given form, along with that, we should ban all machinery, less this comes to haunt us again."
    [Effects]@@NAME@@ has regressed several hundred years in technology, and any mention of automata will result in a stoning.
    [Stats]+
    -

5. [Option]"This looks, very interesting..." Says General @@RANDOMNAME@@ "Maybe if we made a few alterations to this, we could turn every one of our Soldiers into Walking Tanks! Or rather... Flying Tanks!" as he steals a look at a jetpack in the room".
    [Effects]With these upgrades the others never stood a chance - every soldier is now a weapon to surpass iron gear.
    [Stats]+
    -

6. [option]Your teenage nephew @@RANDOMNAMEMALE@@ rushes to your side and pulls out the Communist Manifesto, accidentally slapping your face. "Uncle! If we let these corporates sell these, who knows what they will do to us when they are maintaining us! We MUST nationalise these upgrades and create a future that will create equality and equity!"
    [Effects]Upgrading is compulsory - resistance is futile.
    [Stats]+
    -

7. [option]"Woah, woah, can't we just have everything in moderation?" notes the famous pacifist liberal, @@NAME@@, "We could just partially upgrade ourselves with cybernetic enhancements, instead of fully converting ourselves. Plus it must be a pretty brutal experience to be put into those metal coffins...I mean machines."
    [Effects]Cybernetic enhancements has become a new trend among the younger generations.
    [Stats]+
    -

Cybes Industries CEO Jon Numic, has announced "Human 2.0". A fully functional robotic body that the brain and other vital organs are transplanted into, like a walking life support machine operated with the mind.
It is claimed to replace the "so last century" human body.

1. [option]@@RANDOMFIRSTNAMEMALE@@ crashes through your wall and proclaims "I rather like my new body, I feel like AndroCop!" in a voice that sounds rather like NanoSoft Sam.
    [Stats]+ Life Span, Health, Intelligence, Scientific Advancement, Industry: Information technology, Economic Output
    - Death Rate, Culture, Primitivism, Employment

2. [Option]"YOU CAN'T ALLOW THIS!" Screams @@RANDOMENAME@@, leader of the recently popular Ludite Union. "If this continues, everyone who doesn't upgrade will become second class citizens! We can't us lose our humanity!? Technology that makes me lose my j.. I mean hurt our econemy MUST be banned!"
    [Effects] Grass is cut with toe nail clippers in @@NAME@@ to help the economy
    [Stats]+ Primitivism, Government size, Employment, Authoritarianism, Ignorance
    - Industry: Information Technology, Intelligence, compliance

3. [Option]"This looks, very interesting..." muses General @@RANDOMNAME@@ as he strolls around the room "Perhaps if we made a few... expensive alterations to this, we could turn every one of our Soldiers into Walking Tanks! Or rather... Flying Tanks!" as he steals a look at a jetpack that somehow happens to be in the office".
    [Effects]With these upgrades the others never stood a chance - every soldier is now a weapon to surpass iron gear.
    [Stats]+ Taxation, Government size, Business Subsidization, Intelligence, Weaponization, Defense Forces, Industry: Arms Manufacturing, Scientific Advancement, Intelligence
    - Freedom From Taxation, Niceness

4. [option]Your teenage nephew @@RANDOMNAMEMALE@@ rushes to your side and pulls out the Communist Manifesto, accidentally slapping your face. "Uncle! If we let these corporates sell these, who knows what they will do to us when they are maintaining us! We MUST nationalise these upgrades and create a future not just for the bourgeoisie but one for all that will create equality and equity!"
    [Stats]+ Welfare, Government size, Taxation, Scientific Advancement, Public Healthcare, Lifespan, Health, Intelligence, Authoritarianism, Compassion, Industry: Information technology, Inclusiveness, Average Income of Poor
    - Freedom From Taxation, Wealth Gaps, Average Income of Rich, Wealth Gaps

5. [option]"Woah, woah, can't we just have everything in moderation?" Chirps liberal philosopher @@NAME@@ Harris, on the popular social media site Chirpper. "We could just partially improve ourselves with cybernetic enhancements, instead of fully upgrading ourselves. Plus it must be a pretty brutal experience to be put into those metal coffins...I mean machines."
    [Stats]+ Safety, Youth Rebelliousness, Human Development Index, Intellegence, Niceness, Pacifism, Culture
    - Rudeness, Averageness

Cybes Industries CEO Jon Numic, has announced "Human 2.0". A fully functional robotic body that the brain and other vital organs are transplanted into, like a walking life support machine operated with the mind.
It is claimed to replace the "so last century" human body.

[valid if]Nation is "out there" (https://www.nationstates.net/images/banners/x1.jpg)

1. [option]@@RANDOMFIRSTNAMEMALE@@ crashes through your wall and proclaims "I rather like my new body, I feel like AndroCop!" in a voice that sounds rather like NanoSoft Sam.
    [Stats]+ Life Span, Health, Intelligence, Scientific Advancement, Industry: Information technology, Economic Output
    - Death Rate, Culture, Primitivism, Employment

2. [Option]"This looks, very interesting..." muses General @@RANDOMNAME@@ as he strolls around the room "Perhaps if we made a few... expensive alterations to this, we could turn every one of our Soldiers into Walking Tanks! Or rather... Flying Tanks!" as he steals a look at a jetpack that somehow happens to be in the office".
    [Stats]+ Taxation, Government size, Business Subsidization, Intelligence, Weaponization, Defense Forces, Industry: Arms Manufacturing, Scientific Advancement, Intelligence
    - Freedom From Taxation, Niceness

3. [option]Your teenage nephew @@RANDOMNAMEMALE@@ rushes to your side and pulls out the Communist Manifesto, accidentally slapping your face. "If we let these corporates sell these, who knows what they will do to us when they are maintaining us! We MUST nationalise these upgrades and create a future not just for the bourgeoisie but one for all that will create equality and equity!"
    [Stats]+ Welfare, Government size, Taxation, Scientific Advancement, Public Healthcare, Lifespan, Health, Intelligence, Authoritarianism, Compassion, Industry: Information technology, Inclusiveness, Average Income of Poor
    - Freedom From Taxation, Wealth Gaps, Average Income of Rich, Wealth Gaps

4. [option]"Woah, woah, can't we just have everything in moderation?" Chirps liberal philosopher @@NAME@@ Harris, on the popular social media site Chirpper. "We could just partially improve ourselves with cybernetic enhancements, instead of fully upgrading ourselves. Plus it must be a pretty brutal experience to be put into those metal coffins...I mean machines."
    [Stats]+ Safety, Youth Rebelliousness, Human Development Index, Intellegence, Niceness, Pacifism, Culture
    - Rudeness, Averageness

Cybes Industries lead scientist, Jon Numic, has announced "Human 2.0," a fully functional, robotic body that the brain and other vital organs like the stomach are transplanted into, like a walking life support machine operated with the mind. It is claimed to replace the "so last century" human body, with advocates and protesters barging into your office from all sides.

[valid if]Nation is "out there" Image

1. [option] @@RANDOMNAME@@, a previous paraplegic crashes through your wall and proclaims, "I rather like my new body, I feel like AndroCop!" in a voice that sounds rather like NanoSoft Sam.
    Making full use of their new found use of limbs they say "If it isn't hurting you, why should you put your big nose into it?" before smashing your table with an overly expressive thump.
    [Effect]Doctors are being retrained as mechanics

2. [option]Your teenage nephew @@RANDOMNAMEMALE@@ rushes to your side and whips out his tattered copy of the Communist Manifesto, accidentally slapping you in the face. "If we let these scientists sell these, who knows what they will do to us when they are maintaining us! We MUST nationalize these upgrades! For the people! And redistribute them to all to create a future not just for the upper class, but one for all that will create equality and equity!"

3. [Option]"This is Heresy!" Booms the High Priest of Violetism, @@RANDOMNAME@@, waving a passage of the holy text in the air as you spin round trying to keep track of everyone in your office. "If we become immortal, how will we meet with our creator? Death should not be feared, stop playing God and ban all this monstrous machinery, we should not tamper with our God given form, along with that, we should ban all technological terrors, less this comes to haunt us again."
    [Effects]@@NAME@@ has regressed several hundred years in technology, and any mention of automata results in stoning

4. [option]Just as you sit down you see a Chirp from the liberal philosopher @@RANDOMFIRSTNAME@@ Harris, on the popular social media site "Chirpper" pop up on your screen. "Woah, woah, can't we just have everything in moderation?"
    "We could just partially improve ourselves with slight cybernetic enhancements, instead of changing ourselves like that. Plus it must be a pretty brutal experience to be put into those metal coffins... I mean machines."
    [Effects]Minor cybernetic enhancements have become a new trend amongst the younger generation

5. [Option]"This looks, very interesting..." muses General @@RANDOMFIRSTNAMEMALE@@ as he strolls in from the far end of the room, "Perhaps if we made a few... expensive alterations to this, we could turn every one of our Soldiers into walking tanks! Or rather...flying tanks!" as he then steals a look at a jetpack that somehow happened to be hung up in the office.
    [Effects]With these upgrades the others never stood a chance - every soldier is now a weapon to surpass iron gear
Last edited by Cyborgs and Sentient Machines on Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:16 pm, edited 41 times in total.

Former Citizens of the Nimbus System
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 21, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Former Citizens of the Nimbus System » Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:27 am

Doctor Who references are great; more feedback later.
We are the Nexus Wardship of Former Citizens of the Nimbus System, not just a collection of people; please shorten to the pre-title or use the full name!

Emmet: You might see a mess -
Lord Business: Exactly: a bunch of weird, dorky stuff that ruined my perfectly good stuff!
Emmet: Okay. What I see are people, inspired by each other and by you - people taking what you made and making something new out of it.

The central Nimban cultural ideal summed up in an exchange from The Lego Movie.

Supporter of the campaign to add Economic Freedom to the home page!

Greece1917
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Greece1917 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:32 am

I like that.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:36 am

I've never heard of a religion which actually CELEBRATES death
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cyborgs and Sentient Machines » Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:02 am

Australian Republic wrote:I've never heard of a religion which actually CELEBRATES death

The point is, you can't go to heaven, (or equivalent) if you are immortal.

Candlewhisper Archive
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Aug 28, 2015
Anarchy

Postby Candlewhisper Archive » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:57 am

You're talking about introducing a transhuman technology to the game here, which is something that is done in places, but which needs to have more explanation around. The underlying premise of this issue does not work as written.

Also problematic is the presentation of the issue, or rather, the lack of presentation of the issue.

Also, way too many options here.

This is a long way off being the sort of issue we can use in the game. In topic, in writing quality and in humour it falls short. Much like certain episodes of Doctor Who, it happily turns the setting's reality upside down for the weakest of stories, and doesn't care whether its thematically consistent with what has gone before it. If I say to you this is the equivalent of the earth's moon turning out to be a space dragon egg, I'm sure you'll know what I mean.

I think nothing short of going back to the drawing board entirely would save this.
editors like linguistic ambiguity more than most people

Bedetopia
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Bedetopia » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:30 am

Candlewhisper Archive wrote:You're talking about introducing a transhuman technology to the game here, which is something that is done in places, but which needs to have more explanation around. The underlying premise of this issue does not work as written.

Remember the cloning vats? Personally, I'm all for more wacky future tech.

This draft is a mess though.

Australian Republic wrote:I've never heard of a religion which actually CELEBRATES death

Does this count?
Last edited by Bedetopia on Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cyborgs and Sentient Machines » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:50 pm

Candlewhisper Archive wrote:You're talking about introducing a transhuman technology to the game here, which is something that is done in places, but which needs to have more explanation around. The underlying premise of this issue does not work as written.

Also problematic is the presentation of the issue, or rather, the lack of presentation of the issue.

Also, way too many options here.

This is a long way off being the sort of issue we can use in the game. In topic, in writing quality and in humour it falls short. Much like certain episodes of Doctor Who, it happily turns the setting's reality upside down for the weakest of stories, and doesn't care whether its thematically consistent with what has gone before it. If I say to you this is the equivalent of the earth's moon turning out to be a space dragon egg, I'm sure you'll know what I mean.

I think nothing short of going back to the drawing board entirely would save this.

I am taking most of your criticism to heart, however for the rest of it, I think the following two words will do the explaining.
Robosexual Marriages

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cyborgs and Sentient Machines » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:54 pm

Bedetopia wrote:

Does this count?

I'd appreciate if you can pinpoint the mess so it can be tidied up, one you could help with is which options should get the axe.
I'm thinking of getting rid of the teacher as of now.
Last edited by Cyborgs and Sentient Machines on Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bedetopia
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Bedetopia » Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:27 pm

Cyborgs And Sentient Machines wrote:
Bedetopia wrote:

Does this count?

I'd appreciate if you can pinpoint the mess so it can be tidied up, one you could help with is which options should get the axe.

First, you should review your spacing so that the draft is more readable. Do it like this:

[option] Option text
[effect] Effect line
[stats] Something goes up, something goes down...

Then, rewrite the description of the issue. For example, mention that the missing homeless were found by the police and as it turns out they're augmented.

Onto the options:

Option 1: The augmented beggars like their new parts. It can stay.
Option 2: The teacher. If reformulated, I think you can keep it. Else you can do something with augmented people stealing everyone's jobs.
Option 3: The religious wacko. Like most of NS issues, there's always an option like that. Rephrase it, maybe.
Option 4: The military general. I don't see why not.
Option 5: Not Alex Jones. I'd rather see it get replaced with the police wanting to arrest the CEO for forced mutilation or something.
Option 6: Turn everyone into robots. Keep it, but rephrase it.
Option 7: Isn't that the same as option 1? Remove it.
Last edited by Bedetopia on Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cyborgs and Sentient Machines » Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:50 pm

Bedetopia wrote:
Cyborgs And Sentient Machines wrote:I'd appreciate if you can pinpoint the mess so it can be tidied up, one you could help with is which options should get the axe.

First, you should review your spacing so that the draft is more readable. Do it like this:

[option] Option text
[effect] Effect line
[stats] Something goes up, something goes down...

Then, rewrite the description of the issue. For example, mention that the missing homeless were found by the police and as it turns out they're augmented.

Onto the options:

Option 1: The augmented beggars like their new parts. It can stay.
Option 2: The teacher. If reformulated, I think you can keep it. Else you can do something with augmented people stealing everyone's jobs.
Option 3: The religious wacko. Like most of NS issues, there's always an option like that. Rephrase it, maybe.
Option 4: The military general. I don't see why not.
Option 5: Not Alex Jones. I'd rather see it get replaced with the police wanting to arrest the CEO for forced mutilation or something.
Option 6: Turn everyone into robots. Keep it, but rephrase it.
Option 7: Isn't that the same as option 1? Remove it.

The difference between 1st and last option is that the 1st option transplants someones brain into a metal body, something like this.
https://imgur.com/71BeOm7
And this.
http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/rob ... 0223004829
While the last option is what you'd generally think of as body upgrades, robotic limbs and the like, while this first option transforms people into entirely metal men.

Thanks for the constructive criticism, I'll get to work as soon as I can.
Last edited by Cyborgs and Sentient Machines on Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:19 pm

The point is, you can't go to heaven, (or equivalent) if you are immortal.

I see, but still, no religion actually thinks death is a good thing (as far as I know)
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Drasnia
Minister

Founded: Feb 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Drasnia » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:38 pm

Australian Republic wrote:
Cyborgs And Sentient Machines wrote:The point is, you can't go to heaven, (or equivalent) if you are immortal.

I see, but still, no religion actually thinks death is a good thing (as far as I know)

Nihilism. It's basically a religion.

As for the issue, It really needs to be cut down to only 3-4 options. Having seven makes it harder to edit as it makes you divide your attention too much and makes your issue weaker.
See You Space Cowboy...

The Hundred Colors
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Hundred Colors » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:10 am

The description needs to be clearer as to what the issue is actually about.

Candlewhisper Archive
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Aug 28, 2015
Anarchy

Postby Candlewhisper Archive » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:03 am

Cyborgs And Sentient Machines wrote:I am taking most of your criticism to heart, however for the rest of it, I think the following two words will do the explaining.
Robosexual Marriages

That's an issue you should look at, as it shows the upper borders of how it can be done right.

The key things here are that the outcomes of the issue don't invalidate the core reality of the game, or make other issues irrelevant. Your issue, for example, has the potential to make healthcare spending irrelevant, to transform the world of gender politics, and so on.

The robot-wife however, is something achievable within current real world technology. Its left up to the theatre of the mind of the individual player to decide whether your'e talking about Westworld-style near-perfect replicas or this:

The other big difference here is writing quality. Not English language or grammar, which you have down, nor humour, which you are doing well with here. Rather, with overall narrative: the story flows well in the android wife issue, with options emerging organically from the situation and the questions raised, rather than being a stilted list of unrelated opinions coming from an ill defined root premise.
editors like linguistic ambiguity more than most people

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cyborgs and Sentient Machines » Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:34 am

Candlewhisper Archive wrote:
Cyborgs And Sentient Machines wrote:I am taking most of your criticism to heart, however for the rest of it, I think the following two words will do the explaining.
Robosexual Marriages

That's an issue you should look at, as it shows the upper borders of how it can be done right.

The key things here are that the outcomes of the issue don't invalidate the core reality of the game, or make other issues irrelevant. Your issue, for example, has the potential to make healthcare spending irrelevant, to transform the world of gender politics, and so on.

The robot-wife however, is something achievable within current real world technology. Its left up to the theatre of the mind of the individual player to decide whether your'e talking about Westworld-style near-perfect replicas or this:

The other big difference here is writing quality. Not English language or grammar, which you have down, nor humour, which you are doing well with here. Rather, with overall narrative: the story flows well in the android wife issue, with options emerging organically from the situation and the questions raised, rather than being a stilted list of unrelated opinions coming from an ill defined root premise.

Sorry for the delay, IRL always takes priority, and yes the draft is far from finished, that's why its a draft.

I shouldn't have put 'death us a thing of the past' as yes, that is rather stupid given the context of other issues.
Something I should've thought about is yes, machinery fails all the time, but if your machine body fails, "Game over man!'"
People still die, albeit failures in machines may be less frequent than things like heart failures, nothing has to be perfect, it just has to be better than what came before.
It wouldn't void healthcare given further thought though, for example instead of taking antibiotics, you would have to take AVG or something equivalent, and instead of going to the doctor for an injury, you would go to the mechanic.

I will get to Editting soon.
Last edited by Cyborgs and Sentient Machines on Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:56 pm

Option 1-The benefits outweigh the risks, what risks?

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cyborgs and Sentient Machines » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:34 pm

Australian Republic wrote:Option 1-The benefits outweigh the risks, what risks?

Becoming inhuman

Libertarian Firepower
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Libertarian Firepower » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:31 pm

Australian Republic wrote:Option 1-The benefits outweigh the risks, what risks?

Becoming inhuman

More importantly, raising taxes. Taxation is theft! :p

On a more serious note, such a technology would not be risk-free. Like the vat issues, it could create serious problems if your nation adopts the technology, but then it malfunctions.

EDIT: I just noticed that you don't have it raising taxes... You really need to fix that because from the text of the option, which mentions funding, it's clearly something that should raise taxes.
Last edited by Libertarian Firepower on Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cyborgs and Sentient Machines » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:23 am

Cybes Industries CEO Jon Numic, has announced "Human 2.0". A robotic body that the brain is transplanted into that will replace the human body.

1. [option]@@RANDOMFIRSTNAMEMALE@@ one of the homeless victims crashes through your wall and says "I rather like my new body, I feel like AndroCop!" in a voice that sounds rather like NanoSoft Sam.
    [Stats]+ Life Span, Health, Intelligence, Scientific Advancement, Civil Rights, Economy, Economic Rights, Wealth Gaps, Freedom From Taxation, Industry: Information Technology,
    - Death Rate, Culture, Primitivism, Authoritarianism,

2. [Option]"YOU CAN'T ALLOW THIS!" Screams @@RANDOMENAME@@, leader of the recently popular Ludite Union. "If this continues, everyone who doesn't upgrade will become second class citizens! We can't us lose our humanity!? Technology that makes us lose jobs MUST be banned!"
    [Stats]+ Primitivism, Black Market,
    - Scientific Advancement

3. [option]"This is totally unacceptable!" says the police chief, @@RANDOMNAMEFEMALEMALE@@ as she storms in. "If a victim of kidnapping develops Stockholm Syndrome, does the kidnapper get off Scott free?
    This CEO lured homeless people into his factories and mutilated them, this CEO must be arrested."
    [Stats]+ Safety
    -

4. [Option]"This is Heresy!" Proclaims the High Priest of Violetism, @@RANDOMNAMEMALE@@, as he waves a passage of the holy text into your face. "If we become immortal, how will we meet with our creator? Death should not be feared, stop playing God and ban all this monstrous machinery, we should not tamper with our God given form, along with that, we should ban all machinery, less this comes to haunt us again."
    [Stats]+
    -

5. [Option]"This looks, very interesting..." Says General @@RANDOMNAME@@ "Maybe if we made a few alterations to this, we could turn every one of our Soldiers into Walking Tanks! Or rather... Flying Tanks!" as he steals a look at a jetpack in the room".
    [Stats]+
    -

[Stats]+ Intelligence, Scientific Advancement, Authoritarianism, Average income of Rich
    - Primitism, Wealth Gaps, Average Income of Rich

7. [option]"Woah, woah, can't we just have everything in moderation?" notes the famous pacifist liberal, @@NAME@@, "We could just partially upgrade ourselves with cybernetic enhancements, instead of fully converting ourselves. Plus it must be a pretty brutal experience to be put into those metal coffins...I mean machines."
    [Stats]+
    -

[Validity]Nation must be "Out There".
Last edited by Cyborgs and Sentient Machines on Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:35 am, edited 21 times in total.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cyborgs and Sentient Machines » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:15 am

1. [option]"I rather like my new body." Says @@RANDOMNAMEMALE@@, one of the homeless victims, in a voice that sounds rather like NanoSoft Sam as he crashes his way through your wall, similar to the character "AndroCop".
    [Stats]+ Life Span, Health, Intelligence, Scientific Advancement,

[Stats]+
    -

[Stats]+ Safety
    -

[Effects]@@NAME@@ has regressed several hundred years in technology, and any mention of automation will is punctuated by a stoning.
    [Stats]+
    -

[Effects]Every soldier is now a weapon to surpass iron gear, and with these upgrades, others will never stand a chance.
    [Stats]+
    -

[Effects]"Upgrading is compulsory, resistance is futile".
    [Stats]+
    -

[Stats]+
    -

Does anyone have an idea which options I should remove?
I'm thinking 3 and 4 could get the chop.
Last edited by Cyborgs and Sentient Machines on Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:14 pm

People read the effects without reading options. Keep that in mind and take another look at the effects for option 2 and 4

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cyborgs and Sentient Machines » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:42 pm

Australian Republic wrote:People read the effects without reading options. Keep that in mind and take another look at the effects for option 2 and 4

???

Drasnia
Minister

Founded: Feb 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Drasnia » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:37 pm

Australian Republic wrote:People read the effects without reading options. Keep that in mind and take another look at the effects for option 2 and 4

???

Effect lines show unintended consequences of the issue as well as display on the nation description. Some of these don't make sense without the immediate context of the issue, like "Upgrading is compulsory, resistance is futile." Another no-no of that effect is that it has a comma in it which will mess the description up.
See You Space Cowboy...

Noahs Second Country
Issues Editor

Founded: Aug 31, 2016
Anarchy

Postby Noahs Second Country » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:24 pm

Ex.
Following a new legislation in Noah's Second Country, upgrading is compulsory, resistance is futile.
Nobody knows what that means. At all.
Westinor wrote:Who knew the face of Big Farma could be the greatest hero of the Cards Proleteriat?
Honeydewistania wrote:Such spunk and arrogance that he welcomes the brigade of hatred!
Orcuo wrote:The plan was foolproof! Unfortunately, I didn’t make it Noah-proof.
WeKnow wrote:I am not a fan of his in the slightest.
Benevolent 0 wrote:You can't seem to ever portray yourself straight.
Bormiar wrote: reckless and greedy, closer to a character issue than something to be rewarded.
Second Best™ - 7x Issues Author, 7x SC Author, Editor, Ex-Minister of Cards of the North Pacific

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?