NATION

PASSWORD

United Federation? (Issue #643)

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Bedetopia
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Psychotic Dictatorship

United Federation? (Issue #643)

Postby Bedetopia » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:40 am

“To mark this golden age,” declares Leo Tallstoy, CEO of Sky High Company, sitting upright with high hopes, “I suggest we build the tallest building in @@REGION@@! Not only can we finally snatch that tallest building record from the United Federation, but it will break whatever doubts our citizens have about @@NAME@@’s future! It will boost the economy and will be a good source of morale and patriotism. When aiming high, nothing’s worth the sky!”

That was unexpected. Who or what is this United Federation supposed to be? Have the editors decided to add a new NPC to change from the usual Bigtopians?

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Trotterdam » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:08 pm

Maybe an in-game version of the United States?

Troperia
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 29, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Troperia » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:29 pm

United Federation? Seriously? A Papers, Please reference? Even so, at least they should explain why we've never heard of them before.

Zwangzug
Issues Editor

Founded: Oct 19, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Zwangzug » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:20 pm

I'm pretty sure they're supposed to be a satirical take on the United States, based on 607.3:

"No! No! I can't take another election circus!" panics @@RANDOMNAME@@, a refugee from the United Federation. "Where I come from, election season lasts a painful twenty-four months, and the endless mudslinging during debates and advertisements between TV shows are slowly driving everyone insane. Insane I tell you! Please, for the sake of common decency, ban all political campaigns. We're better off not being constantly bothered by political hacks, anyways."
Factbook
IRC humor, (self-referential)
My issues
...using the lens of athletics to illustrate national culture, provide humor, interweave international affairs, and even incorporate mathematical theory...
WARNING: by construing meaning from this sequence of symbols, you have given implicit consent to the theory that words have noncircular semantic value and can be used to encode information about an external universe. Proceed with caution.

Eaischpnaeieacgkque Bhcieaghpodsttditf
Minister

Founded: Nov 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Eaischpnaeieacgkque Bhcieaghpodsttditf » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:57 pm

United Federation is a reference to the United Arab Emirates, who currently hold the record for tallest building in the world.

edit: That was meant for the building option. I understand the US reference in the other one.
Last edited by Eaischpnaeieacgkque Bhcieaghpodsttditf on Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I support insanely high tax rates, do you?
This is Bunny:
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Copy and paste Bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.
☻/This is Bob, copy& paste him in
/▌ your sig so Bob can take over the
/ \ world
10 - Completly Peaceful.
9 - Peaceful.
8 - Mostly Peaceful.
7 - Small Scale Crime.
6 - Major Crime.
5 - Terrorist Acts.
4 - Small Scale War.
3 - Moderatly Problematic War.
2 - Full-Scale Conflict.
1 - Nuclear War.
0 - Apocalypse.

Great Vritannia
Civil Servant

Founded: Jan 26, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Vritannia » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:26 pm

It looks like an ordinary NPC to me, not country related.
Hear ye, hear ye! The Glorious Vritannia
has awoken.

As light surpasses through the shadows of the Earth, a nation filled with warriors and heroes alike were shouting, "Viva la Vritannica, vive Le roi! ".

Oh pity these fools, may their shouts be heard! For the glory of their king, man shall further notice their thirst for world domination...

Singapore no2
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Singapore no2 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:19 pm

Great Vritannia wrote:It looks like an ordinary NPC to me, not country related.

Gravedigging is not a suitable occupation.
My Published Issues
Death Note
This is a Modern-Tech nation. We only put a satellite and a man into space so far.
We are a Middle power, so if we die, so will some of the global economy.
We have the 8th largest sovereign wealth fund in the world. (RL world)
Pro: Regulations, Military, Law and Order
Anti: Freedom of speech, Discrimination, CHEWING GUM
Just so you know, I don't think like that. That stuff is roleplaying Singapore (itself, the real life nation)
I have many issues, and you can find the complete list here.

Quote of the year:
Fauxia wrote:Editors aren’t real people.

Jutsa
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 06, 2015
Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:39 pm

at least in most nationstates, as well as the international forums,
although I'm sure it's perfectly suitable in some places like the United Federation
You're welcome to telegram me any questions you have of the game. Unless I've CTE'd (ceased to exist) - then you physically can't do that.

Helpful* Got Issues? Links (Not Pinned In Forum) *mostly: >List of Issue-Related Lists | >Personal List of Issue Ideas | >List of Known Missing Issues/Options |
>Trotterdam's Issue Results/Policies Tracker | >Val's Bonus Stats | >Fauzjhia's Easter Egg Guide | >My Joke Drafts List | >Sherp's Author Rankings

Other Nifty Links: >Best-Ranked Useful Dispatches | >NSindex | >IA's WA Proposal Office | >Major Discord Links | >Trivia | >Cards Against NS | >Polls

"Remember, licking doorknobs is perfectly legal on other planets." - Ja Luıñaí

Chan Island
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Chan Island » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:37 pm

Gravedigging isn't nice.

Reported.
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=513597&p=39401766#p39401766
Conserative Morality wrote:"It's not time yet" is a tactic used by reactionaries in every era. "It's not time for democracy, it's not time for capitalism, it's not time for emancipation." Of course it's not time. It's never time, not on its own. You make it time. If you're under fire in the no-man's land of WW1, you start digging a foxhole even if the ideal time would be when you *aren't* being bombarded, because once you wait for it to be 'time', other situations will need your attention, assuming you survive that long. If the fields aren't furrowed, plow them. If the iron is not hot, make it so. If society is not ready, change it.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?