NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] Acting Like Children

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Singpu
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

[DRAFT] Acting Like Children

Postby Singpu » Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:17 pm

Title: Acting Like Children

Description: Following a high profile case where famous child actor Elias Kimberly's parents spent every @@CURRENCY@@ he earned, @@DEMONYMPLURAL@@ cry out for the enactment of regulations to protect young actors.

Validity: Nations who didn't choose to knock off child labor in issue #063.

The Debate

[option]"This is outrageous!", cries @@RANDOMNAME@@, a lobbyist from @@DEMONYMPLURAL@@ For Children's Rights. "How can you let a child's parents blow all the money that their child earned, leaving nothing for their future? We should enact laws to ensure that all of the child's earnings goes into a seperate trust account that no one can access until the child is of age! That way, no one can abuse the money."
[effect]child actors are often late to the set, waiting for their parents to finish work at @@MAJORINDUSTRY@@ plants.

[option]"Woah, woah, woah! All of it? That's the outrageous idea!", says @@RANDOMFEMALENAME@@, mother of five young actors, her gold jewelry jingling on her. "We invested our time and energy into developing these young pupils, so it's only right we reap the rewards! Why, we should have total rights to their assets. They are, after all, our children, and mother knows best for them."
[effect]child actors are often found begging on the streets for spare @@CURRENCY@@s.

[option]"I have an alternate solution," says @@RANDOMNAME@@, a dark haired Bigtopian while climbing through your window. "Why should we even have some earning so much compared to others that people are willing to steal from their own children? I saw we redistribute the wealth so that everyone has the same amount of money. That way, no one will have more to steal from than another person."
[effect]wealth has been redistributed with more going to the distributors.
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=9230172#p9230172

Singpu wrote...
:o
Utceforp wrote:
Singpu wrote:Utceforp, can ezungal go ahead and go to girls? Also, sorry if my sleeping is off and reading noticeably, eye doctor dialatsted my eyes so...

I'm sorry, but I can't tell what you're saying...

Translation: utceforp, can ezungal go ahead and goto Farla? Also, sorry if my typing and reading is off noticeably, my eye doctor dialated my eyes, so...

http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?ns=1&f=23&t=338724

Liberal|Pro-Capitalism|Pro Homosexual Marriage|

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Trotterdam » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:59 pm

Singpu wrote:Validity: Nations who didn't choose to knock off child labor in issue #063.
Don't child actors still exist even in nations with heavy restrictions on child labor?

Singpu
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Singpu » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:36 pm

Trotterdam wrote:
Singpu wrote:Validity: Nations who didn't choose to knock off child labor in issue #063.
Don't child actors still exist even in nations with heavy restrictions on child labor?

I believe the option tried to knock it out entirely. While it does still exist, it's less likely to be an issue about who gets the money in a place where they don't even care about letting children be employed period.

That said, it is probably still something that could happen, so I suppose it can apply to anyone.
Last edited by Singpu on Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=9230172#p9230172

Singpu wrote...
:o
Utceforp wrote:
Singpu wrote:Utceforp, can ezungal go ahead and go to girls? Also, sorry if my sleeping is off and reading noticeably, eye doctor dialatsted my eyes so...

I'm sorry, but I can't tell what you're saying...

Translation: utceforp, can ezungal go ahead and goto Farla? Also, sorry if my typing and reading is off noticeably, my eye doctor dialated my eyes, so...

http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?ns=1&f=23&t=338724

Liberal|Pro-Capitalism|Pro Homosexual Marriage|

Return to Got Issues?