NATION

PASSWORD

[SUBMITTED] When the hail comes crashing down

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tishanda
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 16, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Tishanda » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:15 pm

Australian Republic wrote:
Tishanda wrote:Updated the draft on the top post. I changed the validity to "Not valid for nations with good weather", seeing as nations with bad weather would be the ones to receive this issue. Now I'm not sure If I should keep this or not, or if I should consider adding anything else to it.

Also by the way thanks to everybody for being so helpful on this topic! I should post here more often. ;)

Not necasserily. "Good weather" is subjective. To a ski resort, good weather means plenty of snow, which could potentially mean blizzards. But let's assume that a tropical climate is your definition for "good weather", for 6 months they have the dry season which brings good weather, the other six months is the wet season, when cyclones, hurricanes and typhoons happen. These things only happen in the tropics and nowhere else. Also, storms are more likely to happen in warmer places than colder ones.

Yeah, that's my problem with the validity on this one, I just can't really think of one that would fit perfectly for it.
❀The Equatorial Republic Of Tishanda❀
Kaayusan - Kapayapaan - Pagkakaisa

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:23 pm

Your validity could be "valid to all"
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Tishanda
Spokesperson

Postby Tishanda » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:25 pm

Australian Republic wrote:Your validity could be "valid to all"

Actually yeah, XD
I guess my best option for right now is just to make it valid to all, Lol.

Candlewhisper Archive
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Aug 28, 2015
Anarchy

Postby Candlewhisper Archive » Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:48 am

Good weather in this game means sunny weather, as evidenced by the measurement unit.

I think bad weather validity is actually very sensible, and consistent with past issues about bad weather
Last edited by Candlewhisper Archive on Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
editors like linguistic ambiguity more than most people

Tishanda
Spokesperson

Postby Tishanda » Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:47 am

Candlewhisper Archive wrote:Good weather in this game means sunny weather, as evidenced by the measurement unit.

I think bad weather validity is actually very sensible, and consistent with past issues about bad weather

I agree. Sunny weather occurs virtually almost everywhere on the planet, it just depends on what the temperature is.

Tishanda
Spokesperson

Postby Tishanda » Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:11 pm

Unless anybody else has more suggestions I think I'm gonna edit this a little bit more and then POSSIBLY submit it.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:29 pm

Let me have a read through before submitting
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:30 pm

The second guy should have the shits because he's paid insurance premiums his whole life and not getting any more benefits than the first guy, who's never paid any

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:31 pm

Candlewhisper Archive wrote:Good weather in this game means sunny weather, as evidenced by the measurement unit.

So the desert?

Tishanda
Spokesperson

Postby Tishanda » Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:53 pm

Updated the draft on the top post again.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:32 pm

Option 1, I don't know whether it's just me or... but anyway, I don't think this is suitable for this situation:

"It's something you think could never happen to you," says @@RANDOMNAME@@. "One day I'm just minding my own business..."
I just don't think that's a good way to discuss the weather

Tishanda
Spokesperson

Postby Tishanda » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:43 pm

Australian Republic wrote:Option 1, I don't know whether it's just me or... but anyway, I don't think this is suitable for this situation:

"It's something you think could never happen to you," says @@RANDOMNAME@@. "One day I'm just minding my own business..."
I just don't think that's a good way to discuss the weather

I thought of something along the lines of "you think it could never happen to you" because, say for instance, a tornado directly hits your home, in your head you are thinking what are the odds of that happening(very small). Of course you could say that they should have known that could happen because they could possibly live in a tornado prone area, but even if that was the case the odds of it happening still aren't that big. I'm always up for changing it but yes that is what I was thinking when I wrote it.

Candlewhisper Archive
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Aug 28, 2015
Anarchy

Postby Candlewhisper Archive » Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:09 pm

I like it. Its a decent issue.

My only worry remaining is that between the live issues and previous submissions, there are a lot of "bad weather happening, what do you do?" issues.
editors like linguistic ambiguity more than most people

Tishanda
Spokesperson

Postby Tishanda » Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:45 pm

Candlewhisper Archive wrote:I like it. Its a decent issue.

My only worry remaining is that between the live issues and previous submissions, there are a lot of "bad weather happening, what do you do?" issues.

Thanks, I'm gonna leave it up here a while more and maybe edit some things on it before submitting it.

Tishanda
Spokesperson

Postby Tishanda » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:54 pm

Unless anybody else has more suggestions I think I'm gonna submit it in a few hours.

Tishanda
Spokesperson

Postby Tishanda » Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:57 pm

Okay I just submitted it.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:59 am

Good luck!

Egyptian Pharocracy
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Egyptian Pharocracy » Sat May 06, 2017 9:24 pm

Candlewhisper Archive wrote:"As you should already know," is an interesting narrative approach that has never been used before. I like it!

*snerk*

"As you should already know, Bob, we've recently defurbished the coaffixials on the Dimension X viewer and... "

Reminds me of dialogue from a Z-grade 50's sci-fi movie. :)

Picking on Doctor Exposition-man, Phd. aside, I like this. We had two hailstorms with softball sized hail, following several with golf ball sized, in the DFW area back in 2012. I can just see any Dallasite getting this issue in their queue and wincing in sympathy just from the memory.

Good luck on this. I hope to get it in my issues queue some day. :)

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?