NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT]Wood Shortage in @@Nation@@

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Raionitu
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 06, 2015
Father Knows Best State

[DRAFT]Wood Shortage in @@Nation@@

Postby Raionitu » Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:42 pm

If there is already another issue about this, link it and I'll remove this, but I may have missed something in the over 500 existing issues, so don't just freak out on me.

Wood Shortage in @@NAME@@
The Issue:
After a recent shortage of wood left many without chairs to sit on for dinner, businessmen have stormed your office offering their various products.

Validity:
Small woodchipping industry.

Options:
[option] "I have the answer for you right here @@LEADER@@," says Bigtopian salesman @@RANDOMNAME@@. "You see, Bigtopia has recently come into a surplus of wood, and we’d be happy to sell some of it to you, just sign here."
[effect]Following new legislation in @@NAME@@ old wood factories stand empty as former employees search for jobs

[option]"Don’t listen to his job stealing lies!" cries @@NAME@@’s lead wood manufacturer, @@RANDOMNAME@@, as they push the contract off of your desk. "Our local factories are ready to go, we just need your permission to cut down those pesky nature preserves for resources. I’m sure they’ll grow back. Someday."
[effect]Following new legislation in @@NAME@@ the outdoors are barren, stripped of plants to supply the growing wood industry

[option]"Well I have a better idea," declares stonecutter and self-proclaimed tree hugger, @@RANDOMNAME@@. "Why not just scrap wood products altogether? Stone is harder, so it will break less and last longer. Who wouldn’t want a house that sturdy! Plus, it will help save our environment. Well, the surface part of it at least."
[effect]Following new legislation in @@NAME@@ citizens complain of aches after trying to sit in the new and 'improved' stone chairs
[stats]Woodchipping industry down 100%

just a question, is the use of 'tree hugger' in option three allowed, or would that be considered too offensive? Question answered

Edit: random fixes
Edit: addition to option three
Edit:added strait quotes, changed option 1
Edit: Macro fixes, change to the issue
Last edited by Raionitu on Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:26 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Koth wrote:you guys are cool, like lately ive been watching the overal state of the raider world and been like,"ew", but you guys are very not ew
Reppy wrote:Swearing is just fucking fine on this goddamn fucking forum.
Aguaria Major wrote:The Black Hawks is essentially a regional equivalent of Heath Ledger's Joker: they just want to watch the world burn
Frisbeeteria wrote:Please stop.Please.
Souls wrote:Hi, I'm Souls. Have you embraced our lord and savior , Piling yet?
Souls wrote:Note to self: Watch out for Rai in my bedroom
Altinsane wrote:Me, about every suspiciously helpful newb I meet: "It's probably Rai."
Lord Dominator wrote:Koth is a drunken alternate personality of yours

Sygian II
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Sygian II » Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:00 pm

I think I actually recall an issue that contains the words "tree hugger" (not sure which one). It shouldn't break any rules that I know of.
Benevolent Thomas wrote:The Black Hawks continue to be the largest and most successful invader organization in NationStates

Maj. Sygian

Council Advisor of The Black Hawks

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:23 am

Regarding option 2, only the world's stupidst buisnessperson would not consider the future
Also, you say you want an alternative to timbre, but two of your three alternatives are timbre
Good premise, though
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Raionitu
Diplomat

Father Knows Best State

Postby Raionitu » Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:32 am

Australian Republic wrote:Regarding option 2, only the world's stupidst buisnessperson would not consider the future
Also, you say you want an alternative to timbre, but two of your three alternatives are timbre
Good premise, though

Well, these people are stupid, the people in these issues tend to be that way.
And its not necessarily about alternatives, just ways to solve a wood shortage. You can import, cut down more trees, or reduce usage of wood.
Koth wrote:you guys are cool, like lately ive been watching the overal state of the raider world and been like,"ew", but you guys are very not ew
Aguaria Major wrote:The Black Hawks is essentially a regional equivalent of Heath Ledger's Joker: they just want to watch the world burn
Altinsane wrote:Me, about every suspiciously helpful newb I meet: "It's probably Rai."

Candlewhisper Archive
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Aug 28, 2015
Anarchy

Postby Candlewhisper Archive » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:17 am

Not sure the premise here is terribly interesting as it stands, I have to say. Can we add some sort of human interest to the opening issue description?

Also, as I mentioned in the other thread, check out the How To Write An Issue thread, and get those macros and syntax errors sorted, if you'd be so kind.

In brief, use @@NAME@@ for nation name, and have effect lines start non-capitalised and drop the "Following new legislation in @@NATION@@". Also, as something not covered in the guide, avoid using @@NAME@@ in effect lines, as it can make for clumsy description paragraphs on nation pages.
editors like linguistic ambiguity more than most people

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:35 pm

Raionitu wrote:
Australian Republic wrote:Regarding option 2, only the world's stupidst buisnessperson would not consider the future
Good premise, though

Well, these people are stupid, the people in these issues tend to be that way.
And its not necessarily about alternatives, just ways to solve a wood shortage. You can import, cut down more trees, or reduce usage of wood.

Nobody is that stupid. Trees can be replanted, and today, most timbre companies do replant them. What they would aks for is to cut down and replace the trees in the forest, killing a few @@ANIMAL@@s along the way
Also, you say thta business people are offering their various products, when 2/3 of those products are timbre
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Raionitu
Diplomat

Father Knows Best State

Postby Raionitu » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:37 pm

Australian Republic wrote:
Raionitu wrote:Well, these people are stupid, the people in these issues tend to be that way.

Nobody is that stupid. Trees can be replanted, and today, most timbre companies do replant them. What they would aks for is to cut down and replace the trees in the forest, killing a few @@ANIMAL@@s along the way
Also, you say thta business people are offering their various products, when 2/3 of those products are timbre

The second option is supposed to be a 'Lorax' endgame, where environment is destroyed because business only cares about their bottom line.

Candlewhisper Archive
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Aug 28, 2015
Anarchy

Postby Candlewhisper Archive » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:45 am

Sorry Aussie Republic but I have to say something as this is nagging at my obsessive-compulsive streak.

Timbre - the character or quality of a musical sound or voice as distinct from its pitch and intensity.
Timber - wood.
editors like linguistic ambiguity more than most people

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:06 am

Candlewhisper Archive wrote:Sorry Aussie Republic but I have to say something as this is nagging at my obsessive-compulsive streak.

Timbre - the character or quality of a musical sound or voice as distinct from its pitch and intensity.
Timber - wood.

Right. Sorry. I've always been shit at spelling

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?