NATION

PASSWORD

Government needs a Tweeter!

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Worris
Envoy

Founded: Nov 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Government needs a Tweeter!

Postby Worris » Mon May 09, 2016 1:12 pm

Name: Government needs a Tweeter!

Description: Today, you plan on creating a Tweeter Page for your government but you are unsure what to use it for.

Validity: Not valid for people with low averageness and people with banned computers.

Options:

[option] "Oh my god, this is like, a really good idea! Just imagine it!" says @@RANDOMNAME@@, your youngest advisor. "We can have a flashy pic, and a super neat banner! Also, we can tell the people about government stuff. I'll get it set up!"
[effect] "@NAME@ Government" is one of the most followed Tweeter Pages.
[stats] averageness and taxation goes up SLIGHTLY.

[option] "That's a great idea n' all, but why not make some extra money," @@RANDOMNAME@@, your Minister of Economy says, while enjoying a Popso Light. "We could sponsor companies on the page and get a little extra money! It's a win for us and the companies!"
[effect] "Popso Sponsered Government Page" is the top page on Tweeter right now.
[stats] economy and taxation go up and so do industries but only SLIGHTLY.

How is it?

Melorian Republic
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 25, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Melorian Republic » Mon May 09, 2016 1:13 pm

Maybe another option?
Superbia in proelia!

The Melorian Republic

Justin States 3
Envoy

Founded: Aug 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Justin States 3 » Mon May 09, 2016 1:13 pm

Last edited by Justin States 3 on Mon May 09, 2016 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MY COUNTRY'S NAME IS JUSTONIA DAMNIT
GO'CANES

Hurdegaryp wrote:Scorpions, because evolution decided spiders were not weaponized enough.
R the Zombie wrote:
Jochistan wrote:Fucking 8AM

I hope that 9AM doesn't get jealous.
Lautrec- wrote:I'd like my oppression in red, thank you very much
Justin States 3 wrote:Yes. I may be a doctor but I'm a dumbass.
Gurori wrote:To be honest if everything that lives had to use the same pronoun, I'd choose "That Maggot".

Republic of Libertara wrote:
Washington Resistance Army wrote:If enough people feel the Johnson, yes.

That sounds more sexually then it should

Commonwealth of Hank the Cat
Minister

Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Commonwealth of Hank the Cat » Mon May 09, 2016 1:13 pm

But there is no option to refuse it.

Worris
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Worris » Mon May 09, 2016 1:14 pm

Melorian Republic wrote:Maybe another option?

It's not done, but probably yeah, I'll do that.

Worris
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Worris » Mon May 09, 2016 1:14 pm

Commonwealth of Hank the Cat wrote:But there is no option to refuse it.

I'll get that on there later.

Nationalist Gold Union
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 25, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nationalist Gold Union » Mon May 09, 2016 1:23 pm

Worris wrote:Description: Today, you plan on creating a Tweeter Page for your government but you are unsure what to use it for.

Perhaps explain what Tweeter is supposed to be? Also "page" should be lowercased. Also, why should it be "Today, you plan on"? Maybe "@@DENONYM@@s have been asking for the government to create a Tweeter page" would work better. Also that title is a bit uncreative... And "unsure what to you it for" doesn't make sense or correspond with the options of the issue.
Worris wrote:Validity: Not valid for people with low averageness and people with banned computers.

Why low averageness?
Worris wrote:[option] "Oh my god, this is like, a really good idea! Just imagine it!" says @@RANDOMNAME@@, your youngest advisor. "We can have a flashy pic, and a super neat banner! Also, we can tell the people about government stuff. I'll get it set up!"

That's a little short of a response. Also instead of "@NAME@ Government" it should be @NAME@'s government. And pages shouldn't be capitalised.
Worris wrote:[option] "That's a great idea n' all, but why not make some extra money," @@RANDOMNAME@@, your Minister of Economy says, while enjoying a Popso Light. "We could sponsor companies on the page and get a little extra money! It's a win for us and the companies!"
[effect] "Popso Sponsered Government Page" is the top page on Tweeter right now.
How is it?

Sponsored*. And "Popso Sponsored Government Page" seems a little ambiguous, no? How about "@@NAMES@@'s social media pages tend to talk about the cool, refreshing taste of POPSO® instead of national happenings"

Also add a third option about how silly and pointless a tweeter page would be. Other than that and a few grammar mistakes, I think this issue isn't too bad.
Last edited by Nationalist Gold Union on Mon May 09, 2016 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pro: Democracy, liberalism, equality, justice
Anti: Tyranny, demagoguery, bigotry

Worris
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Worris » Mon May 09, 2016 1:30 pm

Nationalist Gold Union wrote:
Worris wrote:Description: Today, you plan on creating a Tweeter Page for your government but you are unsure what to use it for.

Perhaps explain what Tweeter is supposed to be? Also "page" should be lowercased. Also, why should it be "Today, you plan on"? Maybe "@@DENONYM@@s have been asking for the government to create a Tweeter page" would work better. Also that title is a bit uncreative... And "unsure what to you it for" doesn't make sense or correspond with the options of the issue.
Worris wrote:Validity: Not valid for people with low averageness and people with banned computers.

Why low averageness?
Worris wrote:[option] "Oh my god, this is like, a really good idea! Just imagine it!" says @@RANDOMNAME@@, your youngest advisor. "We can have a flashy pic, and a super neat banner! Also, we can tell the people about government stuff. I'll get it set up!"

That's a little short of a response. Also instead of "@NAME@ Government" it should be @NAME@'s government. And pages shouldn't be capitalised.
Worris wrote:[option] "That's a great idea n' all, but why not make some extra money," @@RANDOMNAME@@, your Minister of Economy says, while enjoying a Popso Light. "We could sponsor companies on the page and get a little extra money! It's a win for us and the companies!"
How is it?

Sponsored*. And "Popso Sponsored Government Page" seems a little ambiguous, no? How about "@@NAMES@@'s social media pages tend to talk about the cool, refreshing taste of POPSO® instead of national happenings"

Also add a third option about how silly and pointless a tweeter page would be. Other than that and a few grammar mistakes, I think this issue isn't too bad.

Thanks mate, I'll work on it later.

Logophilia Lyricalia
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 27, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Logophilia Lyricalia » Mon May 09, 2016 2:22 pm

I think a potentially more interesting issue would be what happens if the government's social media initiative backfires with people who aren't having it (like in these examples: 1, 2, 3). Your advisors in this case would be scrambling to come up with ways to fix the problem. Lot of fertile ground there!
Spreading cynical idealism since... well, a while ago now.

Leppikania
Minister

Founded: Apr 13, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Leppikania » Mon May 09, 2016 7:41 pm

How is this a national issue?
INTP, -4.25 Economic Left/Right, -4.1 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian, tastes like chicken.
I do use NS stats, thank you very much.
Funny Quotes
Pie charts for industries
Request an Embassy

Worris
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Worris » Wed May 11, 2016 3:32 am

Leppikania wrote:How is this a national issue?

There's an issue about your door, and that's a national issue. So is someone's murder, that somehow gets to you, the leader.

Leppikania
Minister

Founded: Apr 13, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Leppikania » Wed May 11, 2016 5:53 am

Worris wrote:
Leppikania wrote:How is this a national issue?

There's an issue about your door, and that's a national issue. So is someone's murder, that somehow gets to you, the leader.

And why couldn't a government pick both options?
INTP, -4.25 Economic Left/Right, -4.1 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian, tastes like chicken.
I do use NS stats, thank you very much.
Funny Quotes
Pie charts for industries
Request an Embassy

New Axiom
Minister

Founded: Aug 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby New Axiom » Wed May 11, 2016 5:55 am

Just have an option to not use it, and another option to ban tweeter, and we're good.
Everyone has a plan until the New Axiom Imperial Army comes. Then everyone is just like, omigawd. Run.

My favorite user quotes:
Zakuvia wrote:If you aren't imagining a chain gang of adorable old retirees building a wall with Fixodent and using their Hoverounds as tow trucks then you're not the NS I remember.

Ethel mermania wrote:
New Axiom wrote:
You mean Black Friday as in the Apex Preadator of Capatalism?

Victory is measured in gi Joe dolls and easy bake ovens. It was not old age that killed castro, it was nintendo.

Pringles or Lays Stax? I prefer the Lays.

Evilcia
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 31, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Evilcia » Wed May 11, 2016 1:52 pm

Should a issues like this should not be valid for nation who banned internet, and not computers.

Arridian Islands
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 17, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Arridian Islands » Wed May 11, 2016 6:50 pm

You'll work on it later? Do you have any motivation?
If you want to contact me on my views or anything else, telegram me or add me on skype, my username is akyrathewolf.
I have 0 active alts now. RIP
My personal views:
Pro: nationalism, social democracy, environmentalism, freedom, gun rights, LGBT rights, language preservation/ language revival, Native American interests, atheism

Anti: Any extremism, Islam, feminism, SJWs, violent protesters, racial supremacy, laissez-faire, Democrats and Republicans (USA), BLM, interventionism

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?