NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT]A Preaching Protector

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Raionitu
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 06, 2015
Father Knows Best State

[DRAFT]A Preaching Protector

Postby Raionitu » Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:15 pm

This is my first issue draft, so any CONSTRUCTIVE criticism is welcome.
I tried to check if there was a similar issue, but with over 500, I may have missed something, leave link to current similar issue and I'll remove this.
Also, not sure what best stats would be, so input on those is also welcome.

[description]After complaints of military chaplains trying to pressure soldiers into converting before battles, several military officers have come demanding new regulation.
[validity]Large military, has a national religion

[option]"Of course we need chaplains, for the soldiers peace of mind" says long serving chaplain, fourth Lieutenant @@RANDOMNAME@@. "Granted, they may lose focus from all the people trying to convert them, but isn't faith what really matters?"
[effect]Soldiers are confused by conflicting religions every time they gear up for combat.
[stats]death rate from war up, religiousness up, civil rights up more than option 3

[option]"Oh please, the last thing I need before I die is some loudmouth preacher yelling at me that my death won't be important" says pessimistic Private @@RANDOMNAME@@. "All us soldiers would be better off, and more willing to stay alive, without these screw lose chaplains telling us how 'our death isn't the end'. I mean, less of us would be willing to die, so wars would be harder, but I'll take the peace and quiet anyday. Ban military chaplains now!"
[effect]Soldiers are immobilized with fear during battle, believing death in the end of the soul.
[stats]death rate from war down, religiousness down, civil rights down, ideological radicality down

[option]"Well, the problem isn't the presence of chaplains, it's that my men hear the word from the wrong places" says the seventh battalion commander, Captain @@RANDOMNAME@@. "Commanders are already responsible for most part of their troops lives, why not add religious instruction into the mix? Granted, you might end up with some oddballs, like that captain in ninth battalion who worships the flying purple @@ANIMAL@@,but hey, the common religious teaching would draw units closer together."
[effect]Units are often seen arguing over which unit is truly favored by the gods.
[stats]death rate from war up more than option 1, religiousness up, ideological radicality up, civil rights up

EDIT: Fixed some typos
EDIT: Improving issue for clarity
Last edited by Raionitu on Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:57 am, edited 3 times in total.

Raionitu
Diplomat

Father Knows Best State

Postby Raionitu » Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:47 am

bump
Koth wrote:you guys are cool, like lately ive been watching the overal state of the raider world and been like,"ew", but you guys are very not ew
Reppy wrote:Swearing is just fucking fine on this goddamn fucking forum.
Aguaria Major wrote:The Black Hawks is essentially a regional equivalent of Heath Ledger's Joker: they just want to watch the world burn
Frisbeeteria wrote:Please stop.Please.
Souls wrote:Hi, I'm Souls. Have you embraced our lord and savior , Piling yet?
Souls wrote:Note to self: Watch out for Rai in my bedroom
Altinsane wrote:Me, about every suspiciously helpful newb I meet: "It's probably Rai."
Lord Dominator wrote:Koth is a drunken alternate personality of yours

Annihilators of Chan Island
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Annihilators of Chan Island » Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:22 am

Very interesting issue. The effect lines though are very klunky and will need trimming. Also, is option 2 about obliteration of pastors? If so, can it be more clear please?
This nation is modeled on being my absolute worst dystopia imaginable. In no way do the Annihilators reflect my opinions, in fact I am totally against almost every single policy they enact.
I support insanely high tax rates, do you?

I honestly really like to write issues.

Proud member of The Anti Democracy League

Raionitu
Diplomat

Father Knows Best State

Postby Raionitu » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:55 am

Thanks for the input! The second option is basically ban chaplains or any kind of religious talk in the military.
I'll rewrite effects to make it smoother.
Koth wrote:you guys are cool, like lately ive been watching the overal state of the raider world and been like,"ew", but you guys are very not ew
Reppy wrote:Swearing is just fucking fine on this goddamn fucking forum.
Aguaria Major wrote:The Black Hawks is essentially a regional equivalent of Heath Ledger's Joker: they just want to watch the world burn
Frisbeeteria wrote:Please stop.Please.
Souls wrote:Hi, I'm Souls. Have you embraced our lord and savior , Piling yet?
Souls wrote:Note to self: Watch out for Rai in my bedroom
Altinsane wrote:Me, about every suspiciously helpful newb I meet: "It's probably Rai."
Lord Dominator wrote:Koth is a drunken alternate personality of yours

Return to Got Issues?