NATION

PASSWORD

[MEGATHREAD] Unusual Issue Effects Since New Update

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:41 am

Jute wrote:
Bears Armed wrote:'Eco-friendliness' doesn't measure environmental quality, it measures government spending to preserve/fix the environment: Get your policies right to start with, which is more likely with this choice of advisor, and you don't need to spend as much.

I thought it measured how ecologically concerned the government in general is (how much it sees environmentalist policies as important, for example), not how much it spends...

Bears Armed has a very high 'Environmental Beauty' rating but a very low 'Eco-friendliness' one: I enquired about that discrepancy in Technical, several years ago, and [violet] herself gave me the the 'Eco-friendliness actually measures government spending on the matter' explanation.

Almonaster Nuevo wrote:
Bears Armed wrote:Apparently boosting your nation's Culture worsens its 'Weather' rating slightly -- although the extent to which it does so might have been reduced from earlier days -- on the assumption that 'Culture' takes place indoors and that if you want to spend more time indoors then it might be because of bad weather...
A bit "cart before the horse" that, in my opinion...

If that's it, then it's not all that's involved. My weather has improved by over 50 metres recently, and my culture is still high.

Bears Armed manages high ratings in both of these traits too: I seem to remember being told a while back, by somebody with access to the mechanics, that at that point Culture determined 1/6 of the potential Weather rating.
Last edited by Bears Armed on Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Jute
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 28, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Jute » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:49 am

Bears Armed wrote:
Jute wrote:I thought it measured how ecologically concerned the government in general is (how much it sees environmentalist policies as important, for example), not how much it spends...

Bears Armed has a very high 'Environmental Beauty' rating but a very low 'Eco-friendliness' one: I enquired about that discrepancy in Technical, several years ago, and [violet] herself gave me the the 'Eco-friendliness actually measures government spending on the matter' explanation.

Almonaster Nuevo wrote:If that's it, then it's not all that's involved. My weather has improved by over 50 metres recently, and my culture is still high.

Bears Armed manages high ratings in both of these traits too: I seem to remember being told a while back, by somebody with access to the mechanics, that at that point Culture determined 1/6 of the potential Weather rating.

It's also another nation, with intelligent, but "primitive" people, it seems :P
Carl Sagan, astrophysicist and atheist wrote:"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality.
When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages,
when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling,
that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual...
The notion that science and spirituality are somehow mutually exclusive does a disservice to both."
Italios wrote:Jute's probably some sort of Robin Hood-type outlaw
"Boys and girls so happy, young and gay / Don't let false worldly joy carry your hearts away."

See the Jutean language! Talk to me about all. Avian air force flag (via) Is Religion Dangerous?

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:31 am

Jute wrote:It's also another nation, with intelligent, but "primitive" people, it seems :P

That's "intelligent, highly spiritual, and environmentally aware", if you don't mind.

^_^

(The game mechanic that seem to make increases in spirituality automatically cause decreases in scientific advancement, regardless of what kind of religion a nation's people support, is one of my pet peeves...)
Last edited by Bears Armed on Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.

British West Zuzunia
Attaché

Founded: May 18, 2006
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby British West Zuzunia » Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:38 am

Bears Armed wrote:
Jute wrote:It's also another nation, with intelligent, but "primitive" people, it seems :P

That's "intelligent, highly spiritual, and environmentally aware", if you don't mind.

^_^

(The game mechanic that seem to make increases in spirituality automatically cause decreases in scientific advancement, regardless of what kind of religion a nation's people support, is one of my pet peeves...)

Nah, religions that create Inquisitions to burn anyone with views that they consider blasphemous along with their books cause increases in Scientific Advancement. Dragging heretics out of their beds to burn them at the stake also makes them safer, and has no effect on their civil rights!

Speaking of no effect, I think I've reported this before, but issue #320 "Criminals To Vote?", option 2 (allow criminals to vote), has no effects. I'd think it should increase Political Freedom, maybe Inclusiveness and Crime slightly.

Luna Amore
Issues Editor

Founded: Antiquity
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:54 am

British West Zuzunia wrote:Speaking of no effect, I think I've reported this before, but issue #320 "Criminals To Vote?", option 2 (allow criminals to vote), has no effects. I'd think it should increase Political Freedom, maybe Inclusiveness and Crime slightly.

Depends on the nation.

Jute
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 28, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Jute » Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:44 am

Bears Armed wrote:

^_^

Just like Jute :D

(To be honest I have no idea what caused primitiveness go up so high other than me accidentally selecting "homeschool all children" in one issue once in March 2015. I rebuilt public education, and scientific advancement is nearing the world average again now, too, but primitiveness remained high, somehow.)
Last edited by Jute on Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Carl Sagan, astrophysicist and atheist wrote:"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality.
When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages,
when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling,
that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual...
The notion that science and spirituality are somehow mutually exclusive does a disservice to both."
Italios wrote:Jute's probably some sort of Robin Hood-type outlaw
"Boys and girls so happy, young and gay / Don't let false worldly joy carry your hearts away."

See the Jutean language! Talk to me about all. Avian air force flag (via) Is Religion Dangerous?

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Trotterdam » Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:51 pm

Bears Armed wrote:Apparently boosting your nation's Culture worsens its 'Weather' rating slightly -- although the extent to which it does so might have been reduced from earlier days -- on the assumption that 'Culture' takes place indoors and that if you want to spend more time indoors then it might be because of bad weather...
I have observed the converse: sponsoring sports improves weather, because people are spending more time playing outdoors.

Atomic Utopia
Minister

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Atomic Utopia » Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:18 pm

I just answered dilemma 548 with option two and despite the relevant chemist promising that he would do the best to "promote innovation and invention, even if it means repealing some silly environmental laws" I saw no increase in scientific advancement.

I believe that this needs fixing.
Fabulously bisexual.
Note: I do not use NS stats for my RP, instead I use numbers I made up one evening when writing my factbooks.

sudo rm -rf /, the best file compression around.

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:27 am

Trotterdam wrote:
I have observed the converse: sponsoring sports improves weather, because people are spending more time playing outdoors.

Sports are included in 'Culture'? Hr'rmm, well we were certainly told that improving other forms of Culture meant worse weather.
Even so, though, doesn't your answer support my "cart before the horse" claim? Shouldn't it really be better weather that causes an increase in sports, rather than an increase in sports that improves the weather?

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:29 am

Atomic Utopia wrote:I just answered dilemma 548 with option two and despite the relevant chemist promising that he would do the best to "promote innovation and invention, even if it means repealing some silly environmental laws" I saw no increase in scientific advancement.

Your rating for Scientific Advancement is already very high, and the higher a trait already is the harder it is to improve further: So, maybeso, you're simply too advanced already for that advisor's plans to make a noticeable difference?

Greater Hunnia
Envoy

Founded: Sep 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Hunnia » Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:09 am

When 138:1 made Agriculture drop by 10% and Cheese Exports by 20.5%, Trout Fishing by 154%....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-_sABor77E
Look, I'm really getting tired of this shit, that day after day after day Nationstates spits on common sense and realism in favour of pushing the leftist-green-hippie point of view, honestly, and the only reason why I'm still in this game is that despite my best efforts I couldn't find a similar one yet (let alone one that is not only similar but also lacks the severe amount of bullshit NS has). I really don't understand why the game description says that "there is no real way to win" while it's just not true, experience shows that enviromentalist resolutions have barely any downsides while industrialism ruins nations in EVERY way except the affected industries themselves. Allow the population to do whatever they want and they will be magically suddenly more intelligent, (Civil RIghts = Intelligence, Social Conservativism = Ignorance), be religious and your nation will automatically get decimated by religious violence, and the list goes on. I had enough.

I think I will take a break from the game for a while.
Last edited by Greater Hunnia on Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:14 am, edited 4 times in total.
This nation DOES use NS statistics, but the interpretation for some of them might be a bit skewed.

Ahma
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 15, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Ahma » Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:09 am

I'm not sure if I missed something here, but option I thought would boost Civil Rights, Public Healthcare and Welfare, either did nothing (Civil Rights) or did lower it (the rest). Also I don't get how this choice harmed Public Education, Public Transport, Defense Forces, multiple Industries/Sectors, etc.

Issue 66: Transsexual Demands Recognition In Chosen Gender

Option 1. ... "The government needs to recognize my true gender as well as cover the surgeries and medicines needed to get me where I am today!"

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:30 am

Ahma wrote:I'm not sure if I missed something here, but option I thought would boost Civil Rights, Public Healthcare and Welfare, either did nothing (Civil Rights) or did lower it (the rest). Also I don't get how this choice harmed Public Education, Public Transport, Defense Forces, multiple Industries/Sectors, etc.

Issue 66: Transsexual Demands Recognition In Chosen Gender

Option 1. ... "The government needs to recognize my true gender as well as cover the surgeries and medicines needed to get me where I am today!"

Again, it's probably the case that you already had such a high rating for one of the traits you're asking about (Civil Rights: 'Excessive') that this decision couldn't make a significant difference to that detail.
Last edited by Bears Armed on Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

TURTLESHROOM II
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2014
Right-wing Utopia

YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING ME

Postby TURTLESHROOM II » Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:00 pm

Candlewhisper Archive wrote:Mayors Behaving Badly.

This nation, answered 11/4/16.

Option 3 chosen.

Corruption increases by 8%. (1.25 to 1.35).

An anti-corruption lawyer proposing a no tolerance attitude to corruption, and corruption INCREASES?

Is this intentional?

I report the same issue. Mine went up by TWO HUNDRED PERCENT and MY POLITICAL FREEDOMS COLLAPSED. Both of these are absurd: an anti-corruption lawyer calling for elimination of corruption AND calling elections to give the people a real, clean choice? I'm calling BS.
Last edited by TURTLESHROOM II on Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jesus loves you and died for you!
World Factbook
First Constitution
Legation Quarter
"NOOKULAR" STOCKPILE: 701,033 fission and dropping, 7 fusion.
CM wrote:Have I reached peak enlightened centrism yet? I'm getting chills just thinking about taking an actual position.

Proctopeo wrote:anarcho-von habsburgism

Lillorainen wrote:"Tengri's balls, [do] boys really never grow up?!"
Nuroblav wrote:On the contrary! Seize the means of ROBOT ARMS!
News ticker (updated 4/6/2024 AD):

As TS adapts to new normal, large flagellant sects remain -|- TurtleShroom forfeits imperial dignity -|- "Skibidi Toilet" creator awarded highest artistic honor for contributions to wholesome family entertainment (obscene gestures cut out)

Luna Amore
Issues Editor

Founded: Antiquity
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:40 pm

TURTLESHROOM II wrote:
Candlewhisper Archive wrote:Mayors Behaving Badly.

This nation, answered 11/4/16.

Option 3 chosen.

Corruption increases by 8%. (1.25 to 1.35).

An anti-corruption lawyer proposing a no tolerance attitude to corruption, and corruption INCREASES?

Is this intentional?

I report the same issue. Mine went up by TWO HUNDRED PERCENT and MY POLITICAL FREEDOMS COLLAPSED. Both of these are absurd: an anti-corruption lawyer calling for elimination of corruption AND calling elections to give the people a real, clean choice? I'm calling BS.

You aren't writing for a damn tabloid, TS. Stop trying to sensationalize it.
Corruption 9.16 → 29.02 217%
Political Freedom 71.43 → 68.29 4.4% (a drop of 3% is an error margin not a collapse)

There are a lot of different factors going on here and depending on how your nation is set up, it is possible to have a bump to corruption. I've tweaked it a bit to fix that in most cases. The political freedom aspect is working as intended.
Last edited by Luna Amore on Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Candlewhisper Archive
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Aug 28, 2015
Anarchy

Postby Candlewhisper Archive » Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:30 am

Also, please be careful how you quote. You're attributing words to me that belong to other posters.
editors like linguistic ambiguity more than most people

Nanualele
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Nanualele » Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:10 am

Issue 158: I chose option 1, let them shoot burgulars. Small rise in pacifisim and a 14% drop in weaponisation. I see it's been reported before, so just confirming I suppose.

Pacifism
Cheeks Turned Per Day 5.48 → 5.77 ⇡ 5.3%
Economic Freedom
Rand Index 34.56 → 35.67 ⇡ 3.2%
Industry: Arms Manufacturing
Charon Conveyancy Index 21,988.22 → 22,512.63 ⇡ 2.4%
Sector: Manufacturing
Gooback-Jerbs Productivity Index 23,406.82 → 23,919.67 ⇡ 2.2%
Wealth Gaps
Rich To Poor Income Ratio 2.53 → 2.58 ⇡ 2.0%
Social Conservatism
Bush-Santorum Dawning Terror Index 49.92 → 50.69 ⇡ 1.5%
Safety
Bubble-Rapp Safety Rating 5.89 → 5.98 ⇡ 1.5%
Tourism
Tourists Per Hour 1,129.00 → 1,134.26 ⇡ 0.47%
Human Development Index
Human Development Index 66.08 → 66.31 ⇡ 0.35%
Averageness
Average Standardized Normality Scale 47.51 → 47.67 ⇡ 0.34%
Employment
Workforce Participation Rate 44.96 → 45.07 ⇡ 0.24%
Obesity
Obesity Rate 7.32 → 7.33 ⇡ 0.14%
Average Income
Gold Excesses 76,604.14 → 76,683.65 ⇡ 0.10%
Economic Output
Gold Excesses 2,597.65 → 2,600.34 ⇡ 0.10%
Lifespan
Years 72.32 → 72.36 ⇡ 0.06%
Nudity
Cheeks Per Square Mile 188.75 → 188.50 ⇣ 0.13%
Taxation
Effective Tax Rate 73.22 → 73.03 ⇣ 0.26%
Recreational Drug Use
Pineapple Fondness Rating 43.20 → 43.00 ⇣ 0.46%
Business Subsidization
Gilded Widget Scale 6,410.96 → 6,358.74 ⇣ 0.81%
Public Education
Edu-tellignce® Test Score 8,593.41 → 8,523.41 ⇣ 0.81%
Eco-Friendliness
Dolphin Recycling Awareness Index 8,320.61 → 8,252.83 ⇣ 0.81%
Welfare
Safety Net Mesh Density Rating 5,592.54 → 5,546.98 ⇣ 0.81%
Charmlessness
Kardashian Reflex Score 1.09 → 1.08 ⇣ 0.92%
Income Equality
Marx-Engels Emancipation Scale 39.46 → 38.80 ⇣ 1.7%
Civil Rights
Martin Luther King, Jr. Units 57.44 → 56.41 ⇣ 1.8%
Intelligence
Quips Per Hour 12.23 → 11.98 ⇣ 2.0%
Ideological Radicality
Paul-Nader Subjective Decentrality Index 7.49 → 7.33 ⇣ 2.1%
Black Market
Gold Excesses 100,872.20 → 98,407.86 ⇣ 2.4%
Crime
Crimes Per Hour 27.71 → 26.94 ⇣ 2.8%

Weaponization
Weapons Per Person 38.23 → 32.88 ⇣ 14.0%

Greater Hunnia
Envoy

Founded: Sep 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Hunnia » Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:15 am

I find it kinda strange that 106:2 (An enormous health awareness programme is underway.) has absolutely no effect on the Health of the nation, even though it significantly raises Public Healthcare.
This nation DOES use NS statistics, but the interpretation for some of them might be a bit skewed.

Rikatan
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Rikatan » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:40 am

Hi! I usually don't post in this side of the forum so I apologize in advance if I'm doing anything wrong.

Recently I received Issue #548 and chose option 1. I'm looking to prioritize my eco-friendliness stat in my issues, always. The option chosen raised the environmental beauty stat by 1% but lowered eco-friendliness by 1.9% (which is the opposite of what I expected it to do). I was wondering exactly why that is. I'm actually having a major issue discerning between eco-friendliness and environmental beauty in issues, although I do know the difference between them.

Is this change intentional? I'm sure that, with this option, the eco-friendliness stat should rise.

British West Zuzunia
Attaché

Founded: May 18, 2006
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby British West Zuzunia » Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:38 am

Rikatan wrote:Hi! I usually don't post in this side of the forum so I apologize in advance if I'm doing anything wrong.

Recently I received Issue #548 and chose option 1. I'm looking to prioritize my eco-friendliness stat in my issues, always. The option chosen raised the environmental beauty stat by 1% but lowered eco-friendliness by 1.9% (which is the opposite of what I expected it to do). I was wondering exactly why that is. I'm actually having a major issue discerning between eco-friendliness and environmental beauty in issues, although I do know the difference between them.

Is this change intentional? I'm sure that, with this option, the eco-friendliness stat should rise.

Eco-Friendliness measures government spending on environmental programs. Environmental Beauty measures the actual quality of the actual environment. Eco-Friendliness affects Environmental Beauty, but it's only one factor of several.

This nation, for instance, is in the top 0.8% for Environmental Beauty, but only top 68% for Eco-Friendliness, because we achieve our beautiful environment not so much through government programs as through having no heavy industry (or industry at all, to be completely honest) or cars or planes or really much of anything.

But, yes, 548.1 should affect Eco-Friendliness and doesn't, and complaining in this thread won't get it fixed.

Rikatan
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Rikatan » Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:05 pm

British West Zuzunia wrote:Eco-Friendliness measures government spending on environmental programs. Environmental Beauty measures the actual quality of the actual environment. Eco-Friendliness affects Environmental Beauty, but it's only one factor of several.

This nation, for instance, is in the top 0.8% for Environmental Beauty, but only top 68% for Eco-Friendliness, because we achieve our beautiful environment not so much through government programs as through having no heavy industry (or industry at all, to be completely honest) or cars or planes or really much of anything.

But, yes, 548.1 should affect Eco-Friendliness and doesn't, and complaining in this thread won't get it fixed.

Oh, no, I'm not here to complain, only to understand. I'm curious. After all, a 2% fall can be fixed in a day or two max. :)
Thanks for the help.
Last edited by Rikatan on Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maljaratas
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Maljaratas » Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:04 pm

Greater Hunnia wrote:I find it kinda strange that 106:2 (An enormous health awareness programme is underway.) has absolutely no effect on the Health of the nation, even though it significantly raises Public Healthcare.

Looking through my unmodly eyes, I can see that your nation is already quite high (5% in world) for the health ranking.
So;
Bears Armed wrote: the higher a trait already is the harder it is to improve further

would be your answer I believe.
"There are decades when nothing happens. There are weeks where decades happen" -Vladimir Lenin

Atomic Utopia
Minister

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Atomic Utopia » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:04 pm

Bears Armed wrote:
Atomic Utopia wrote:I just answered dilemma 548 with option two and despite the relevant chemist promising that he would do the best to "promote innovation and invention, even if it means repealing some silly environmental laws" I saw no increase in scientific advancement.

Your rating for Scientific Advancement is already very high, and the higher a trait already is the harder it is to improve further: So, maybeso, you're simply too advanced already for that advisor's plans to make a noticeable difference?

Odd. I guess I will instead choose option 3 next time, but you would think that a hyper advanced nation would still benefit from environmental laws that inhibit science being removed. Though it could be possible that the game looks at my government and considers it completely free of environmental regulations.
Fabulously bisexual.
Note: I do not use NS stats for my RP, instead I use numbers I made up one evening when writing my factbooks.

sudo rm -rf /, the best file compression around.

Candlewhisper Archive
Senior Issues Editor

Anarchy

Postby Candlewhisper Archive » Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:22 am

Rikatan wrote:Hi! I usually don't post in this side of the forum so I apologize in advance if I'm doing anything wrong.

Have checked this, and with most nations, eco-friendliness does in fact rise, as the issue is indeed coded to increase your spending on and shift your government's stance towards the environment.

However, looking at the overall picture, I think what you've got here is this...

Economic Output
Zagris 6,557.16 → 6,459.13 1.5%

...combined with an already high proportion of spending of the budget on environment.

I'm speculating that the net result is that the size of the pie that was environment went up by a fixed amount (which represented only a very small relative increase in its overall level of priority, as your prioritisation on it was already high), but the overall pie got smaller. Therefore the actual amount of money spent on the environment reduced, hence your eco-friendliness went down.

I'd call this working as intended - the stronger your economy, the complexity of the simulation means that sometimes economic externalities impact on your environmental plans, which is pleasingly unexpected but entirely appropriate.

Candlewhisper Archive
Senior Issues Editor

Anarchy

Postby Candlewhisper Archive » Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:26 am

Maljaratas wrote:
Greater Hunnia wrote:I find it kinda strange that 106:2 (An enormous health awareness programme is underway.) has absolutely no effect on the Health of the nation, even though it significantly raises Public Healthcare.

Looking through my unmodly eyes, I can see that your nation is already quite high (5% in world) for the health ranking.
So;
Bears Armed wrote: the higher a trait already is the harder it is to improve further

would be your answer I believe.

Exactly, or to put it another way, Death Rate isn't affected by just Public Healthcare, and Public Healthcare isn't the only stat that this issue effects.

For many nations, the death rate will drop. For you, the small increase in healthcare spending represents a proportionally small effect on healthcare quality because of the sheer size of your already impressive healthcare level, while the other stat effects had a detrimental effect that outweighed that spend.

Got to admit, I find it pretty damn humorous that your nation's citizens eat 16 and a half bananas a day, as this makes them one of the healthiest nations on the planet. As a doctor IRL, I do NOT recommend this approach. :)

Working as intended.
Last edited by Candlewhisper Archive on Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?