NATION

PASSWORD

[SUBMITTED] Boys Don't Cry

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Candlewhisper Archive
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Aug 28, 2015
Anarchy

[SUBMITTED] Boys Don't Cry

Postby Candlewhisper Archive » Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:00 am

Title:

Boys Don't Cry

Description:

International surveys have revealed that @@DEMONYMADJECTIVE@@ men are statistically significantly more likely to cry during a given period than the regional average.

Validity:

Top 10% Compassion OR Bottom 10% Happiness for Region

Options:

[option]"What happened to the Good Old Fashioned Manly @@DEMONYM@@?" shrieks @@RANDOMFEMALENAME@@. "Men should be banned from crying, except at the proper times: funerals, sports matches and eating very spicy foods. Otherwise they should man up, or face strict fines!"
[effect]wobbly lipped men are biting back their tears for fear of crying in public
[stats]Ideological radicality increases, Compassion decreases, Happiness decreases, Law and order spending increases, Civil rights decrease a lot, Social inequality increases, authoritarianism increases,

[option]"Bring back national service, and the army will make men out of your tear-sodden boys," grumbles ninety five year old @@RANDOMMALENAME@@. "I never cried when my drill sergeant was yelling in my lughole, and it never did me any harm. Eh? What's that? Speak up, boy, I can't hear you!"
[effect]depressed looking conscripts fill the army
[stats]Ideological radicality increases, military spending increases, Civil rights decrease a lot, defence forces increase, health increases, youth rebellliousness decreases, safety from crime increases,

[option]"You want your men to be men, but society is telling them to be women," mutters fedora-wearing @@RANDOMMALENAME@@, "Me and my men, we're not going to let women tell us what to do any more. Come join our club, @@LEADER@@, and join us in manly fist bumps, hat-wearing, complaining about women who won't sleep with us and growing short beards."
[effect]the first rule of fedora club is that you do not talk about fedora club
[stats]Ideological radicality increases, Civil rights decrease a lot, social inequality increases, inclusiveness decreases, stupidity increases, niceness decreases

[option]"There's nothing wrong with crying when things are sad," whimpers polo-neck jumper wearing @@RANDOMMALENAME@@, "The world is full of cruelty, you know. Have you seen these statistics on wealth inequality? Or this data on the horrifying gender and race motivated crime? We cry, because the world makes us weep. Come, @@LEADER@@, cry with us, and then use your power to do something about these injustices."
[effect]men walking down the street will often collapse sobbing and wailing for no apparent reason
[stats]inclusiveness increases, compassion increases, welfare spending increases, niceness increases,
Last edited by Candlewhisper Archive on Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
editors like linguistic ambiguity more than most people

Leppikania
Minister

Founded: Apr 13, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Leppikania » Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:12 pm

1. You misspelled the @@DEMONYMADJECTIVE@@ macro in the description. Not to mantion that you switch to @@DEMONYM@@ in option 1.
  2. Try to make option 2 a little longer.
INTP, -4.25 Economic Left/Right, -4.1 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian, tastes like chicken.
I do use NS stats, thank you very much.
Funny Quotes
Pie charts for industries
Request an Embassy

Candlewhisper Archive
Senior Issues Editor

Anarchy

Postby Candlewhisper Archive » Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:37 pm

Thanks, suggestions implemented

Candlewhisper Archive
Senior Issues Editor

Anarchy

Postby Candlewhisper Archive » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:53 am

Last call for feedback

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:26 am

I like it
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Return to Got Issues?