NATION

PASSWORD

Why did my nation suddenly fund terrorist organizations

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Christprayer
Civilian

Founded: Sep 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Why did my nation suddenly fund terrorist organizations

Postby Christprayer » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:37 pm

I dont know how it showed up, I would like this to be removed. I do not want my nation involved with terrorism

Sanctaria
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 12, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Sanctaria » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:42 pm

Christprayer wrote:I dont know how it showed up, I would like this to be removed. I do not want my nation involved with terrorism

You choose option 2 of Issue 151 - Build Bigger Bombs, Advise Scientists.

"Why stop with making weapons for ourselves?" asks @@random_name()@@, CEO of Wendy's Weapons stores. "We can sell them to all sorts of groups and organisations: other nations, the WA, terror- uh - freedom fighters, anyone! And we produce our own for our protection. Think of the money we can make! I'm sure none of our clients would ever even think of trying to use them to influence our government with threats or anything like that!"

I've emboldened the relevant bit.
Divine Federation of Sanctaria

Ideological Bulwark #258

Dr. Bethany Greer CMD, Sanctarian Ambassador to the World Assembly
Author of:
GA#109 GA#133 GA#176 GA#201 GA#222 GA#297
GA#590 (Co)
Frisbeeteria wrote:Do people not realize that moderators can tell when someone is wanking?

Luna Amore wrote:Sanc is always watching. Ever vigilant.

Auralia wrote:Your condescending attitude is remarkably annoying.

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Trotterdam » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:30 pm

That's not funding terrorism. The option specifically says that you're taking their money in order to sell them weapons. That's, like, the opposite of funding.

Oasisa
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 03, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Oasisa » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:36 pm

Trotterdam wrote:That's not funding terrorism. The option specifically says that you're taking their money in order to sell them weapons. That's, like, the opposite of funding.

The media isn't known for it's fine points. What's listed on the page are typically expected media reactions to the government, mostly portraying them as bad.

If you feel it is inaccurate, you can ask the original author or one of the admins to change it. I don't know how myself. :bow: (This is closest I could find to a shrug.

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Trotterdam » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:43 pm

Oasisa wrote:The media isn't known for it's fine points. What's listed on the page are typically expected media reactions to the government, mostly portraying them as bad.
So wait, selling weapons to terrorists to line your own pockets isn't bad? You have to be funding them too?

Oasisa wrote:If you feel it is inaccurate, you can ask the original author or one of the admins to change it. I don't know how myself. :bow: (This is closest I could find to a shrug.
I think it's pretty obvious that I wasn't asking you, considering that you had not posted in this thread before and in fact I had no reason to think you had anything to do with the matter.

Caracasus
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 23, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Caracasus » Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:04 am

The actual effect reads:

the nation has recently been attributed to the funding of terrorist organisations.

Which I don't like purely because it's a bit of a clumsy sentence... doesn't read well. But yes, your nation chose to supply groups that others may consider terrorist organizations - you're supplying them with weapons of mass destruction. Perhaps it would read better if it was something along the lines of:

The nation has recently been accused of supporting international terrorist organisations.
As an editor I seam to spend an awful lot of thyme going threw issues and checking that they're no oblivious errars. Its a tough job but someone's got too do it!

Issues editor, not a moderator.

Return to Got Issues?