NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] Deadly candy

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Kulmi Nation
Political Columnist

Founded: May 22, 2014
Ex-Nation

[DRAFT] Deadly candy

Postby Kulmi Nation » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:16 pm

Name: Deadly candy

Validity: Nations with high economy

Description: An innocent child suffocated after eating a chocolate egg with a toy inside.

[option] "These must be banned!" demands @@RANDOMFEMALENAME@@, the childs mother. Toys inside of food? This is a danger for all @@DEMONYMNOUNPLURAL@@ and their kids! How many will have to die before this hazard will be removed? Make @@NAME@@ safer!
[effect] candies are being strictly regulated.
[stats] obesity goes down, civil rights go down, happiness goes down, unexpected death rate goes down, economy goes down

[option] "This will impact our economy!" claims @@RANDOMNAME@@, CEO of CoolCandy Inc. "We can't just outlaw something because of one single death! Accidents happen. If anything, we should support creative candies like this. If we receive a little funding from the government, we can expand our company! What's a dead kid or two if our economy thrives‽
[effect] reports of children suffocating on toys in their food have risen rapidly.
[stats] obesity goes up, happiness goes up, unexpected death rate goes up, economy goes up

[option] "It's not just those type of candy." says health advocat @@RANDOMNAME@@ while nibbling on a carrot. "Candies are bad for everyone's health! We need to outlaw them along with chocolate, sugar and other caries-causing foods! Do it for the health of our nation!"
[effect] candies are being smuggled into @@NAME@@.
[stats] unexpected death rate goes down, obesity goes down, civil rights go down, happiness goes down, economy goes down, health goes up

The stats on option three should have a greater impact than those of option one (in exchange for health up).

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:33 am

I really think you need more of a blurb on the description. Also, is this something that would be taken to your leader?
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Author of GA #371 and SC #208, #214, #226, #227, #230, #232
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

Annihilators of Chan Island
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Annihilators of Chan Island » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:31 pm

Kaboomlandia wrote:I really think you need more of a blurb on the description. Also, is this something that would be taken to your leader?

I agree with the first half. Needs a bigger blurb. The bigger blurb will explain the second half, as to why this issue is being brought to the nation's leader.
This nation is modeled on being my absolute worst dystopia imaginable. In no way do the Annihilators reflect my opinions, in fact I am totally against almost every single policy they enact.
I support insanely high tax rates, do you?

I honestly really like to write issues.

Proud member of The Anti Democracy League

Kulmi Nation
Political Columnist

Founded: May 22, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kulmi Nation » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:42 pm

Maybe a series or multiple cases of this happening? I'll change it a bit and submit it.
Last edited by Kulmi Nation on Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eaischpnaeieacgkque Bhcieaghpodsttditf
Minister

Founded: Nov 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Eaischpnaeieacgkque Bhcieaghpodsttditf » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:36 pm

This is a very interesting issue. However, it seems like the validity would be for nations with high obesity not economy.

I support insanely high tax rates, do you?
This is Bunny:
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Copy and paste Bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.
☻/This is Bob, copy& paste him in
/▌ your sig so Bob can take over the
/ \ world
10 - Completly Peaceful.
9 - Peaceful.
8 - Mostly Peaceful.
7 - Small Scale Crime.
6 - Major Crime.
5 - Terrorist Acts.
4 - Small Scale War.
3 - Moderatly Problematic War.
2 - Full-Scale Conflict.
1 - Nuclear War.
0 - Apocalypse.

Wolfenia
Envoy

Founded: Mar 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Wolfenia » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:40 pm

Eaischpnaeieacgkque Bhcieaghpodsttditf wrote:This is a very interesting issue. However, it seems like the validity would be for nations with high obesity not economy.

Why not both? It makes little sense for countries under 20/100 in economy to have Kinder Eggs.

Ephestus
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ephestus » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:48 pm

The second one. According to what I see here, the other two are more or less the same. If one or two kids dont die cause of the regulation, all the good stuff goes down. If people decide two deaths dont matter, everything goes up. I think its pretty self-explanatory.
Liberal Libertarian Communists

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?