NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] I swear we're a charity, not a business!

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Annihilators of Chan Island
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

[DRAFT] I swear we're a charity, not a business!

Postby Annihilators of Chan Island » Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:21 am

Charity Corp, a large Maxtopia-based international charity well-known for helping the homeless, has recently proposed opening an office in @@CAPITAL@@ to better do it's good deeds.

validity: nations that have banned private enterprise

[option] ''We must not allow them in!'' announces government hard-liner @@RANDOMNAME@@ grandiosely ''Charity Corp likes to pretend it's a charity that does good works but we all know it's really a business! Let them set up here and before you know it there'll be capitalists and companies pillaging our country once again! To make up for the difference, just direct some more funding to welfare and we won't even need them!''
[effect] the homeless live off their government hand-outs.
[stats] compassion increase, more spending in welfare, taxes increase, inequality decreases, happiness increases,

[option] ''It's a common misunderstanding'' explains @@RANDOMNAME@@, Charity Corp's CEO after flying over from Maxtopia ''But our ethos is that we do good works first and foremost. Sure, we have profits and we're on the stock exchange... it's just that we believe that the private sector model of organization happens to be the most efficient way of getting our good works done. Think of the homeless in @@NAME@@. Now, just sign along the dotted line and we will begin our good works... want a brochure while you're at it?''
[effect] hard-liners are furious at the recent opening of Charity Corp's office in @@CAPITAL@@.
[stats] compassion increases slightly, nations becomes more pro-market, happiness increases slightly, inequality increases slightly, economy decreases slightly, taxes decrease slightly, welfare spending decreases slightly,

[option] Lobbyist @@RANDOMNAME@@ gently pats you on the back'' The problem with Charity Corp is the ''Corp'' part of their name, and therefore they should not be allowed in, but it is a balancing act. Charities all over @@REGION@@ are adopting the evil capitalist system of running their affairs, however we have to be careful otherwise decent NGOs like mine would also be banned. I suggest the government sets up a list of NGOs and charities that are allowed and then are controlled to ensure they actually are doing what they say they do. I'm absolutely certain this won't become a loop-hole for those companies to start trading here. ''
[effect] businesses simply register as charities before selling their wares as usual.
[stats] compassion decreases slightly, more pro-market, economy as a whole increases, happiness decreases, inequality increases, administration increases,
Last edited by Annihilators of Chan Island on Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
This nation is modeled on being my absolute worst dystopia imaginable. In no way do the Annihilators reflect my opinions, in fact I am totally against almost every single policy they enact.
I support insanely high tax rates, do you?

I honestly really like to write issues.

Proud member of The Anti Democracy League

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Annihilators of Chan Island » Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:24 am

@Kaboomlandia Your suggestions from the Mega have been included. While the 2 of us may well argue about capitalism and inequality in real life, for the purposes of this issue we'll have option 2 increase it.
This nation is modeled on being my absolute worst dystopia imaginable. In no way do the Annihilators reflect my opinions, in fact I am totally against almost every single policy they enact.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Annihilators of Chan Island » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:21 am

Added a third option.

The focus on this issue is mostly to do with the fact that many charities are going for a more professional structure in running their day-to-day, and I believe this might be a real issue in a communist country when the lines are really blurred, like with Charity Corp here.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Annihilators of Chan Island » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:48 pm

Fell off front page. Bump.

Frisbeeteria
Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:59 pm

Annihilators of Chan Island wrote:Fell off front page. Bump.

Please stop doing that. If no one is responding, perhaps it's because no one thinks it's worth responding to. Not every idea is a winner. Stick with the ones that get positive feedback.

Jakker City
Envoy

Founded: Dec 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Jakker City » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:18 am

Edit in the description "better do its* good deeds"

I actually think this issue is decent. Perhaps this was your intention, but I don't get a great sense of what Charity Corp does, which makes it hard for me to really side with them.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Annihilators of Chan Island » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:05 pm

Jakker City wrote:Edit in the description "better do its* good deeds"

I actually think this issue is decent. Perhaps this was your intention, but I don't get a great sense of what Charity Corp does, which makes it hard for me to really side with them.

It was intentional, but if it stops people wanting to side with them, I'll make it explicit that they are helping the homeless.

Frisbeeteria wrote:
Annihilators of Chan Island wrote:Fell off front page. Bump.

Please stop doing that. If no one is responding, perhaps it's because no one thinks it's worth responding to. Not every idea is a winner. Stick with the ones that get positive feedback.

Very sorry. I promise to not do bumps again.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?