NATION

PASSWORD

Is our children learning?

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Jack Brown
Political Columnist

Founded: Nov 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Is our children learning?

Postby Jack Brown » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:13 am

The Issue

When a relatively minor official in your government vowed to increase the standard of education in Jack Brown, the press came knocking on your door to ask how this might actually be done.

The Debate

Option 1: "It's all a question of money," says veteran teacher Kirby de Castro, "If we really care about education, we'll make it our number one priority. Double the education budget, halve the teacher-student ratio, and make sure every teacher has a master's degree in education. After all, the children are our future."

Option 2: "As much as I'd like to have more money, it's really a question of most of the faculty belonging to one of the most powerful unions in the whole of Jack Brown that stops this school from being great," says Principal Hack Janssen, "I can't discover which teachers are good and reward them for their excellent work, nor fire the useless ones. Destroying teachers' unions is perhaps the most important thing we could do."

Option 3:"I think specialization is the way to go," says your defense minister, standing arm in arm with a bishop of a major religion and Jack Brown's top CEO, "Specialization lets each focus on what they're truly good at, and I'm sure that religious institutions, the military, and private companies would fork out a bit to train up the next generation, so we could save on taxes too."

Option 4: "As we've proven in the past, the free market can manage this far better than the public sector," says market-analyst Rosalia McAlpin, "Now, I'm not saying that the state shouldn't help people go to school - far from it. Still, schools need greater freedom to maximize learnedness: to set their own tuition, salaries, curricula, etc. Give private schools a small government subsidy, and let the free market take its course. So what if a few poor kids drop out earlier? You can't make omelets without breaking a few eggs."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Can anyone tell me which decreases education the most?

Jakker City
Envoy

Founded: Dec 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Jakker City » Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:43 am

Refer to this guide to help you edit your draft: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=80

There's a few things that you need to fix like changing "Jack Brown" to @@NATION@@ and including effects/stats.

The intro should give more reason as to why this issue came about. Are test scores really low? Is the dropout rate really high?

Clearly stating the connection of option 3 to education would be beneficial for people to have a better idea of what they are choosing. It seems like that option will decrease education the most because it is placing children's focus on one particular subject.
Last edited by Jakker City on Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Luna Amore
Issues Editor

Founded: Antiquity
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:57 am

Jakkar, this is already an issue. He's asking for advice.

The Siberian Union
Envoy

Founded: Feb 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Siberian Union » Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:59 am

Luna Amore wrote:Jakkar, this is already an issue. He's asking for advice.

SHOTS FIRED

Jakker City
Envoy

Founded: Dec 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Jakker City » Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:59 am

Roger that, Luna. My apologizes on my lack of knowledge on current issues. :hug:

Luna Amore
Issues Editor

Founded: Antiquity
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:03 am

Jakker City wrote:

Roger that, Luna. My apologizes on my lack of knowledge on current issues. :hug:

No worries. With almost 400 issues in game, it's easy to forget a few.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:34 am

The Siberian Union wrote:

SHOTS FIRED

Thanks for bringing yourself to my attention. Posting past ban = deleted nations.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?