NATION

PASSWORD

I Want My Issue To Be Good-What Should I Do?

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Euprmorix
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

I Want My Issue To Be Good-What Should I Do?

Postby Euprmorix » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:28 pm

Hello, Nation States. I am sure that many people here have submitted issues, and I am about to submit my first issue. I scoured all of the FAQ's and the "guidelines" page, but I am a little bit worried about three things. ONE: Is my format correct? TWO: Is an issue that is very similar to this in existence already? THREE: Is my issue too biased in any way? I know that I may have exaggerated in a way or two, but many issues on NS are like that.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thank you all for your time.
EDIT ONE: I need to remove a few of the options. Seven is too many.

Name: @@CAPITAL@@ Suburbs Expand Into Yonder?
Description: With a rapid expansion in the @@CAPITAL@@ suburbs, citizens have been debating what a strip of land "perfect for building on" should become.

Validity: not valid for nations that have outlawed the military, illegalized gambling, or outlawed faith

Options:

[option]"@@NAME@@'s Trout-Fishing Industry has so much potential, yet it is so neglected," says @@RANDOMNAME@@, head of @@NATION@@'s largest Trout Fishing industry. "What we need to do is make this flatland into a nature preserve. We can start by digging a few ponds. We can then make a dock, and my company can open up an office a little bit down the road, and my... er... @@NAME@@'s Trout Fishing Industry will be booming!"
[effect]Citizens spend every spare second at @@NAME@@'s new fishing ponds
[stats]environmental beauty increases, trout fishing industry increases, tourism increases, average lifespan increases, accidental death rate increases, happiness increases

[option]"Oh, BROTHER! Not these lunatics again," says minister of commerce @@RANDOMNAME@@, giving you several bags of the most expensive clothes. "If I want fish, then I will go to the market! I say that we give the people something that they can enjoy! I already have the plans for a modern retail/tourism district. Sure, it will be expensive to build, but it will get these kids off of there fancy smart phones and cause them to be social again. What do we have to lose?"
[effect]Children from all corners of @@NAME@@ spend every free second at the mall with their friends.
[stats]youth rebelliousness increases, economy decreases a bit, happiness increases, retail increases a lot, public transport increases a bit, tourism increases, soda sales increase a bit, averageness increases, commerce spending increases, gambling increases, business subsidization increases a bit, employment increases a lot, political freedoms increase, culture increases

[option]"Fishing? Shopping? Living in a secure environment period?! NONE OF THAT WOULD BE POSSIBLE WITHOUT THE MILITARY!" says Drill Sargent @@RANDOMNAME@@. "This piece of land is the perfect size, and we are running out of room at our other training facilities. We need to turn this land into military training grounds! While we are at it, why not our funding? NOW DROP AND GIVE ME FIFTY!"
[effect]More and more citizens have signed up for basic training with yet another facility opening.
[stats]defense increases, tourism decreases, crime decreases, obesity decreases, defense forces increase, environmental beauty decreases, youth rebelliousness decreases, economy decreases a bit, safety increases, culture decreases

[option]"There is so much violence in this world. There are so many distractions," says @@RANDOMNAME@@, archbishop of @@FAITH@@. "This land should become a monastery. With all of the terror in this world, we need a place to worship our Lord in peace."
[effect]Many supporters of @@FAITH@@ are feeling joyous as a new Monastery opens.
[stats]godlessness decreases, religious spending increases, happiness increases, religiousness increases, safety from crime increases, compassion increases

[option]"Yes! Let the GOVERNMENT decide what is going to be built! Letting the Urban Planners decide should be built would make WAY too much sense" says @@RANDOMNAME@@, head of @@NAME@@'s largest Urban Planning company. "No offense to our government. They have done a fine job. Deciding what gets placed where is not their place, though. Us planners can duke with the situation."
[effect]Expansion projects have come to a screeching halt due to arguments between Urban Planners.
[stats]freedom from corruption increases, economy increases, social conservatism increases, political freedoms increase, taxes decrease

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thank you all for your time.
Last edited by Euprmorix on Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am proud to be an American. I abide by the US Constitution. The first amendment grants me freedom of speech, press, or religion. You are not always going to hear what you want to hear, as that is not real world, people!

P.S. Oh, go ahead and ban our guns, lefties! As you know, since meth is also illegal, nobody does meth, either!

Golgothastan
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 26, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Golgothastan » Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:56 am

Posting it here before submitting it is a good idea: it will hopefully give some people a chance to comment.

I've never seen a non-Easter-Egg issue that had seven options before. There's not a rule against having so many, but most issues have 2-4.

While the issue doesn't exactly duplicate any existing ones, a lot of the options are things other issues already allow, so I think you can cut down on options. There are already issues allowing people to build houses for the homeless, to build shopping malls, to build high-rise blocks.

I really like the last option.

Euprmorix
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Euprmorix » Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:57 am

Golgothastan wrote:Posting it here before submitting it is a good idea: it will hopefully give some people a chance to comment.

I've never seen a non-Easter-Egg issue that had seven options before. There's not a rule against having so many, but most issues have 2-4.

While the issue doesn't exactly duplicate any existing ones, a lot of the options are things other issues already allow, so I think you can cut down on options. There are already issues allowing people to build houses for the homeless, to build shopping malls, to build high-rise blocks.

I really like the last option.

I like the last option, too. Thank you for getting back to me. I will try to delete a few of the options. The shopping district one, though, I RARELY encounter issues that have options with increasing retail. I will cut at least two off. Again, thank you for getting back to me.
I am proud to be an American. I abide by the US Constitution. The first amendment grants me freedom of speech, press, or religion. You are not always going to hear what you want to hear, as that is not real world, people!

P.S. Oh, go ahead and ban our guns, lefties! As you know, since meth is also illegal, nobody does meth, either!

Return to Got Issues?