NATION

PASSWORD

Wind Farms Blowing Up A Storm

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
The Alexanderians
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Wind Farms Blowing Up A Storm

Postby The Alexanderians » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:17 pm

The Issue

Wind farms have been set up across the country, generating enormous amounts of renewable energy for the citizens of The Alexanderians. However, there are some who feel that they cause more problems than they solve.
The Debate

"Hideous eyesores!" roars Jack Chicago, founder of the 'Not Within Eyesight Of My Backyard!' pressure group. "All I wanted when I retired was a little cottage in the country; somewhere to pursue my hobby in watercolors - but no, the hippies just had to spoil it for everyone didn't they?! This place was beautiful! Green fields and perfect blue skies! Not anymore, though! These unnatural monstrosities are ruining my damn view! They should be taken down and scrapped!"

"Oh, cry me a river," grumbles Lauren Woolf, senior maintenance engineer of the local wind farm. "Just one of these wind turbines can power over a thousand homes each year and with only a minute fraction of the environmental impact of burning fossil fuels! These people are literally in favour of doing more harm to the environment they're supposedly 'protecting' from wind farms! It's beyond hypocrisy and very, very selfish. These ignorant villagers should be ashamed of themselves!"

"Perhaps we're just putting them in the wrong place?" asks Xu Christensen, another engineer. "We should be building wind farms out at sea! Strong uninterrupted winds and no local residents to disturb! Sounds like the perfect solution, if you ask me. Setting them up and maintaining them's going to cost a bomb of course but... well, it's worth it right?"

I'm thinking about taking option 3 but my tax rate is high enough already, so I want to know what option 1 does.
Galloism wrote:Or we can go with feminism doesn't exist. We all imagined it. Collectively.
You can't fight the friction
Women belong in the kitchen
Men belong in the kitchen
Everyone belongs in the kitchen
Kitchen has food
I have brought dishonor to my gaming clan
Achesia wrote:Threads like this is why I need to stop coming to NSG....

Marethian Lupanar of Teladre wrote:A bright and cheerful mountain village of chapel-goers~

The Archregimancy wrote:
Hagia Sophia is best church.

Major-Tom wrote:Why am I full of apathy?

I'm just here to be the peanut gallery
уσυ нανєи'т gσт тнє fυℓℓ єffє¢т

Weisestadt
Civil Servant

Founded: Dec 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Weisestadt » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:41 pm

The first one chooses coal and oil, I would go with the first if you want to improve your economy, however your environment will be harmed by it.
RP Population: 12.235 million
Puppet of Atomic Utopia

Active Personnel: 56,000
Reserve: 32,000

The Alexanderians
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Alexanderians » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:47 am

Weisestadt wrote:The first one chooses coal and oil, I would go with the first if you want to improve your economy, however your environment will be harmed by it.

Thank you, any information on the second option?
Last edited by The Alexanderians on Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Galloism wrote:Or we can go with feminism doesn't exist. We all imagined it. Collectively.
Kitchen has food

Marethian Lupanar of Teladre wrote:A bright and cheerful mountain village of chapel-goers~

The Archregimancy wrote:

Undivulged Principles
Diplomat

Founded: Antiquity
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Undivulged Principles » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:01 pm

Your economy will not be hurt in the long term by any of these options.

I have picked the third option religiously and I happen to have the 30th largest economy in the entire game.

Pick what you want. The effects will be felt in the short term, if at all. IMO
- I could RP my big toe to be more powerful than your nation. That doesn't mean it applies in NS
~ Source? I'm not your mommy. Do your own homework. Not providing third party support for opinions. Don't believe look it up yourself, or not. Idc
~ democracy allows the least qualified to judge the most..

The Alexanderians
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Alexanderians » Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:24 pm

Undivulged Principles wrote:Your economy will not be hurt in the long term by any of these options.

I have picked the third option religiously and I happen to have the 30th largest economy in the entire game.

Pick what you want. The effects will be felt in the short term, if at all. IMO

Thank you for your advice and input. Give the information presented I'll probably go with the third option.
Kitchen has food

The Archregimancy wrote:

Return to Got Issues?