NATION

PASSWORD

A Monumental Decision - improvements?

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Violetza
Secretary

Founded: Jun 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

A Monumental Decision - improvements?

Postby Violetza » Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:10 pm

I've submitted this issue but haven't heard back, either because it just hasn't been gotten around to or was rejected. I'm interested if anyone has any thoughts or advise on improvements for it.

Title: A Monumental Decision.

Description: A suggestion has been bought to the leadership’s attention calling for a massive monument to be built overlooking one of the nation’s major cities.

Validity: Valid for all.

Options:
[option]"This will be so cool!," exclaims over-excited political advisor @@RANDOMNAME@@. "We should totally have a massive monument of an awesome looking @@NATIONALANIMAL@@! Sure it will be costly, but it will look increadibly impressive and will rekindle a sense of national pride! What’s more if we charge people money to get up close to it we can make an absolute killing from tourists!"
[effect]Tourists from around the world swarm to see the newly constructed massive monument of the nation’s national animal.
[stats]tax rate increases, economy increases, public apathy decreases, government size increases slightly, tourism increases, most avoided decreases.

[option]"This will be ridiculously costly,"
moans loyal taxpayer @@RANDOMNAME@@.
"Do you know who is going to end to have to pay for this? The taxpayers, that’s who! I’d much rather they scrap this colossal mistake and give us a well deserved tax break instead."
[effect]Taxpayers celebrate as plans for a colossal monument are scrapped.
[stats]tax rate decreases, economy increases slightly, government size decreases, public apathy increases.

[option]"I have a plan that would allow taxpayers to not have to pay for this at all," declares @@RANDOMNAME@@, the local CEO of the international fast food outlet Deep Fried. "Give us corporations the rights to the land and idea and we can cover all the costs ourselves. What’s more, we can set up stores all around the monument and make tons of money from the tourists. Just think of it: Deep Fried fast food, miniature monument models, Deep Fried fast food, monument caps, Deep Fried fast food, monument t-shirts, Deep Fried fast food … you get the idea.”
[effect]Obese tourists clutching Deep Fried fast food have become a common sight on the city streets.
[stats]economy increases massively, obesity increases massively, deaths from heart disease increases massively, pizza delivery increases massively, tourism increases, most avoided decreases, most pro-market increases.

[option]"BLASPHEMY!," bellows @@RANDOMNAME@@, Grand Poobah of Violet. "Of course we should create a grand monument, but to create one of a mere animal or to turn it into a commercial money-making scheme, BLASPHEMY I SAY! It is clear what this monument should really be of, VIOLET! She must be displayed in all her majestic and fiercesome dark glory and non-believers should be burnt in a firey pit at the base of her tentacles!
[effect]Non-believers in Violet are burnt alive before a massive, bloodstained effigy to the goddess that towers over the city.
[stats]tax rate increases massively, economy decreases massively, public apathy decreases massively, government size increases massively, tourism decreases, most avoided increases, religious increases, most primitive increases, civil rights decreases massively, spirituality spending increases massively, law and order spending increases, most authoritarian increases massively.

[option]"I like the idea of the fire pits, but why not change the monument to one of you, oh great @@NATIONALLEADER@@, and reserve the pits for any traitors who oppose you" muses slippery political advisor @@RANDOMNAME@@. "It would serve as a way to highlight your masterful qualities, you fine physical features, your noble gaze. What is more, your strong face, captured in this eternal monument, will be the last sight any traitor sees before they meet their firey doom."
[effect]All opponents of the government are rounded up and burnt before a massive stone monument of your nation’s leader.
[stats] tax rate increases massively, economy decreases massively, public apathy decreases massively, government size increases massively, tourism decreases, most avoided increases, civil rights decreases massively, defense spending increases massively, law and order spending increases, most authoritarian increases massively.

Fortunagen
Minister

Founded: Jan 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fortunagen » Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:13 pm

Tbh I like it.
Puzikas wrote:
Fortunagen wrote:Fortunagen is a non-nuclear state despite having vast reserves of uranium.

We couldn't POSSIBLY be stocking up for something.

Shutup, Iran! :p

Mistelemr wrote:With how many shootings that happen almost daily now, I find it hard to care.

Sure I hate myself for it, but fuck it, we invited this. It's sad, but at some point you just stop caring. People can scream and cry but nothing will ever get done about it. When was it last that a shooting incident like this (or any other) actually made people legitimately search for answers or try a new approach? None that I can think of, It's been the same people, shouting the same expletives with the same people dying.

I hear they have good internet over in Scandinavia.

One day, I'll make this sig cool again.

Violetza
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Violetza » Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:14 pm

Fortunagen wrote:Tbh I like it.

Thanks.

Reijekstan
Spokesperson

Founded: May 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Reijekstan » Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:20 pm

I love this issue.
☭Proud Member of The Communist Party of NationStates!☭

The Communist Party of NationStates
Recommended MediaSolidarity NetworkMarxists Internet Archive
Life is not an easy matter... You cannot live through it without falling into frustration and cynicism unless you have before you a great idea which raises you above personal misery, above weakness, above all kinds of perfidy and baseness.
☭Leon Trotsky

Pandeeria
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Pandeeria » Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:25 pm

Why would the economy increase/decrease?
Last edited by Pandeeria on Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lavochkin wrote:Never got why educated people support communism.

In capitalism, you pretty much have a 50/50 chance of being rich or poor. In communism, it's 1/99. What makes people think they have the luck/skill to become the 1% if they can't even succeed in a 50/50 society???

Violetza
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Violetza » Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:39 pm

Pandeeria wrote:Why would the economy increase/decrease?

Money is made or lost from increasing or decreasing the tourist trade, creating or killing business owners and spending more money or soldiers to round up traitors or non-believers.

Return to Got Issues?