NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT]Church and State Don't Mix, Say Secularists

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Czechostan
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 23, 2013
Left-wing Utopia

[DRAFT]Church and State Don't Mix, Say Secularists

Postby Czechostan » Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:42 pm

Title: Church and State Don't Mix, Say Secularists

Description: Followers of small religions, atheists, and even members of @@FAITH@@ are pressuring the government to separate church and state in favor of secularism.

Validity: Valid for nations with a national religion

Options:
[option] "The church has no place in the government," expresses @@RANDOMNAME@@, a religious freedoms advocate. "Religion belongs in the souls and minds of @@DEMONYMPLURAL@@, not in Parliament and the Constitution. It's time we declare @@NAME@@ unaffiliated with any religion to avoid bias against other faiths. I beg of you: pursue a policy of disestablishment and begin transitioning to secularism!"
[effect] a policy of secularism is underway.
[stats] godlessness goes up, civil rights and political freedoms go up

[option] "I cannot believe this blasphemy!" shouts @@RANDOMNAME@@, a high-ranking cleric of @@FAITH@@. "Our national religion is what gives @@NAME@@ moral fiber! We should be cracking down on atheism and minor religions that pollute this wonderful nation with their archaic, sacrilegious beliefs!"
[effect] religious minorities are leaving the country
[stats] civil rights go down, religiousness goes up, conservatism and authoritarianism go up

[option] "Now that's just mean-spirited," objurgates centrist blogger, @@RANDOMNAME@@, a devout member of @@FAITH@@. "I don't see any problem with keeping a national religion, but the government should endorse, not enforce, @@FAITH@@. We should also ensure followers of other religions are allowed to run for office. Of course, some people will still object, but it's worth it to keep our morality."
[effect] @@NAME@@ boasts "Now with 50% less theocracy!"
[stats] political freedoms go up, godlessness goes up slightly

I'm considering adding other options.

Czechostan
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 23, 2013
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Czechostan » Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:27 am

Bump. No comments?

Return to Got Issues?