NATION

PASSWORD

[[DRAFT]] Compulsory Nudity Endangered by Harsh Winter

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Nigerian Kenya
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

[[DRAFT]] Compulsory Nudity Endangered by Harsh Winter

Postby Nigerian Kenya » Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:49 am

This is made to address a long-term problem with option 2 in issue #8, which makes nudity compulsory within a nation:

Compulsory Nudity Endangered by Harsh Winter

Description: It is the middle of January, and the winter weather is particularly harsh. Due to @@Nation@@ ‘s compulsory nudity policy (which was enacted last spring), people are stranded in their homes, many of them starving to death. Due to a high risk of death by frostbite, they are unable to do anything outside of the walls of their homes. As a result, people have been sending carrier pigeons to the government, with letters demanding an end to compulsory nudity.

Validity
Only valid for nations who have made nudity compulsory

The Debate

[option] “I always believed that compulsory nudity was much too harsh, but you never listened to me!” says @@RandomName@@, a somewhat high-ranking government official. “The populace won’t like a ban on nudity, so don’t do that. Instead, make nudity optional. That way, the clothing industry can come back and people can buy and wear clothes when they need to, but can still walk around town naked when they desire. Unfortunately, this policy limits the liberation that nudity naturally brings, and increases the intensity of one’s sensitivity to nudity, but it’s the best we can do in this complicated situation.”

[effect] nudity is optional

[stats] lifespan increases, economy increases, civil rights increases, happiness increases, very slight decrease in taxes

[option] “That official is wrong! We need to ban public nudity!” says @@RandomName@@, another somewhat high-ranking government official. “I’m sick and tired of seeing 10 million intimate organs every time I walk down a street! Not only does it weaken our economy and diplomatic relations, but it’s also disgusting and unnatural, and it increases the risk of teen pregnancies! If people want to be naked, they can do it in a locker room, in a bathroom, or within the walls of their own home.” He then pauses briefly, before whispering “And if the populace doesn’t like it, you can silence them by giving any protester a 15 year prison sentence.”

[effect] the government frequently gives out harsh prison sentences to anyone who dislikes the recently reinstated ban on public nudity

[stats] Economy greatly increases, happiness decreases, civil rights decreases, political freedoms decreases, lifespan increases, law and order spending greatly increases, slight increase in taxes

[option] “You know, you don’t have to choose between compulsory and optional nudity”, says @@RandomName (Male)@@, your grown-up son, who came to visit you for Thanksgiving and hasn’t been able to leave yet due to the harsh weather. “You can simply cycle through them according to weather conditions. Make nudity compulsory most of the year, but make it optional when the air temperature drops below a certain number, perhaps 10 degrees Celsius. That way, we get to keep all the benefits of compulsory nudity – the liberation, the removal of sensitivity to nudity, the decreases in crime – while still retaining the option to make it optional when the weather is unsuitable for nudity. The clothing industry can come back in a reduced capacity, and the populace will no longer be suffering.” He then pauses before whispering “Of course, anyone who wears clothes in public when the weather isn’t cold will be fined at least 50,000 @@Currency@@s and will also locked up for at least 2 years.”

[effect] the government issues a decision each evening on whether people are allowed to wear clothes the next day

[stats] Economy slightly increases, happiness slightly increases, civil rights slightly increases, lifespan increases, law and order spending increases.

[option] Suddenly, you hear a voice. “Stop this madness!” it says. Instantly, @@RandomName (Male)@@, your personal priest, comes charging into the room. “God will have our heads if you make any changes to our compulsory nudity policy! The rules of @@Faith@@ clearly make compulsory nudity a necessity! Making any changes to this policy will be a clear abandonment of the religious part of your life, something you have always held dear. You must keep nudity compulsory, whatever the cost, or we shall all rot in hell!” He then kneels and desperately begs for your support.

[effect] harsh winters result in de-facto house arrest and the eating of old clothing, deceased family members, and household objects due to a unrelenting policy of compulsory nudity

[stats] happiness decreases, lifespan decreases, religion spending increases (this probably needs more, but not sure what else to make it effect. Ideas?)

Aside from that last stats field, I'm pretty satisfied with this draft, but I'm open to suggestions for improvement to any part of it. Ready, Set, Go!
Last edited by Nigerian Kenya on Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jeckland
Minister

Founded: Nov 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Jeckland » Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:24 am

There is already an issue dealing with this
Winners: N/A
Runners Up: WBC 30 & 31, Memorial Cup
Semi Final: CE 26, WBC 35, WLC 20

Nigerian Kenya
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Nigerian Kenya » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:52 am

Jeckland wrote:There is already an issue dealing with this

link, please. The only thing I can find is the one about people needing something to carry their keys with; this is different from that.

Jeckland
Minister

Founded: Nov 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Jeckland » Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:53 am

Nigerian Kenya wrote:

link, please. The only thing I can find is the one about people needing something to carry their keys with; this is different from that.

That's the one, but you can repeal nudity there.
Winners: N/A
Runners Up: WBC 30 & 31, Memorial Cup
Semi Final: CE 26, WBC 35, WLC 20

Nigerian Kenya
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Nigerian Kenya » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:40 pm

Jeckland wrote:
Nigerian Kenya wrote:link, please. The only thing I can find is the one about people needing something to carry their keys with; this is different from that.

That's the one, but you can repeal nudity there.

It's not against the rules to make more than one after-the-fact issue, is it? Not to mention, it's not as if answering this issue always blocks access to the car keys issue, or vice versa - selecting option #4 on this issue still leaves the door open to the car keys issue, and selecting option #2 on the car keys issue still leaves the door open to this issue. Also, this issue, should you receive it, gives you mostly different options then the car keys issue, and is a very different conflict. The keys issue, should you receive it, allows you to:

1) Outlaw Nudity,
2) Make Purses for Men, or
3) Outlaw Nudity for Men only

This issue, should you receive it, allows you to:

1) Make Nudity Optional
2) Outlaw Nudity
3) Cycle between optional and compulsory nudity according to weather conditions, or
4) Do nothing, citing religious reasons as an excuse

In closing, the car keys issue was made to address a short-term problem, this issue is made to address a long-term problem. Also, I'm not sure on this, but doesn't the keys issue not show up if your nation has also outlawed cars, meaning you cannot change nudity policy unless you reallow cars first? This issue can still come up even if cars are banned.

Panageadom
Ambassador

Founded: May 09, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Panageadom » Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:19 am

I suspect you're right that there's enough swing between the two to keep this as a separate issue. You may wish to telegram an editor to ask.
Author of Issues:
#273: Is our children learning?
#310: Too Little Talk?
#315: Creative Flowers Withering Under Legislation
#324 "Tourism Tanking" Tells Tabloids
#334: Blot Out Bauhaus
#340: Defending Patent Pending
#365: A Busload of Worry

None at present

If I offer criticism on your proposed issue, I will often write in red: don't think I'm being aggressive, it's just a convention I use!
If I ask a question on a proposed issue thread, then it's because I feel it's one you need to ask of your issue: I'm being Socratic and/or lazy.

Supreme Court Chief Justice for Capitalist Paradise

Nigerian Kenya
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Nigerian Kenya » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:44 am

I'll telegram an editor before submission; but before I do that, any suggestions for improvement to this draft?

Calderax
Secretary

Founded: Apr 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Calderax » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:55 pm

And there are more than a few issues dealing with cars and transportation. What's your point? Game needs more issues.

But to the point: Make everything shorter and more concise. You've got a lot written and most of it isn't needed.
The Delegation of Calderax speaks for The Great Father, Gah Bua Kham.

Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: -2.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.36

I am brilliance contained in a single entity.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?