NATION

PASSWORD

What planet is this?

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Oubliettica
Secretary

Founded: Dec 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

What planet is this?

Postby Oubliettica » Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:39 pm

After investing a full 1.38 minutes I'll never get back skimming FAQs, I'm left with the sick feeling this "game" is rigged against creative writers and critical thinkers with independent mindsets. Although NationStates claims I can - "Create a nation according to your political ideals and care for its people" - I fail to see how that's possible given the game's apparent limited options and constraints. What am I missing?? And, WTF is meant by RELIGION: "Unlockable with X million citizens?" We have NO religion. Period.

As a benevolent dictator-in-exile from a virtual world (the charges were dropped after I paid off the maid), my plan for Oubliettica was to nurture Objectivist beliefs and philosophical musings of a select few politically incorrect atheists and freethinkers in a picturesque mountain empire surrounded by a maintenance-free, impenetrable force field of duct tape, Super Glue and my patented quark-boson thawtmissiles designed to protect against STD's, swine flu, invasive alien cultures and spam.

My faithful followers are all fabulously wealthy retired gold miners and blood diamond traders and their concubines. There's no murder rate, certainly NO "public" gross domestic product except when my secretary's pet cat Fluffy hoiks up a hairball. No manufacturing either, unless you call Wolfgang's homemade penny whistles a manufactured product and he gives them away on the Winter Solstice.

We hate trout fishing, preferring instead bluegill and jumbo shrimp that grow to the size of Asian carp in the warmed glacial meltwater. We grow hydroponic strawberries and glow-in-the-dark chocolate mint mushrooms. We raise free-range turduckens that grow fat and happy eating flavonoid-rich tardigrades until, at the tender age of 6 months, their pea brains cause them to pluck themselves completely feather free before instinctively leaping onto the closest empty charcoal grill. :rofl:

Without my approval, some bot misclassified Oubliettica as an "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" (DEMOCRACY?!?!) with MILLIONS of apparently fertile, procreating illegals who are being deported via the magiks of extra large teleporters even as I type this. whoosh... there goes another million. :clap:

Please, how do I correct the misleading and unflattering things an unknown bot wrote about my new realm before this gets into the CIA World Factbook and data-miners spew it to all four corners of the Internet?
Cum Catapultae Proscriptae Erunt Tum Soli Proscripti Catapultas Habebunt
When catapults are outlawed, only outlaws will have catapults.

Merconitonitopia
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 29, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Merconitonitopia » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:47 pm

You see, my friend, this is why factbooks were created - so people like you can completely disregard the game-created description of your nation and write whatever the Hell you want.
Last edited by Merconitonitopia on Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Luna Amore
Issues Editor

Founded: Antiquity
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:50 pm

If you're nation were exactly as you wanted it from the word go, there wouldn't be much reason to play.

Merconitonitopia
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 29, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Merconitonitopia » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:55 pm

Luna Amore wrote:If you're nation were exactly as you wanted it from the word go, there wouldn't be much reason to play.

Exactly. Personally, I want to go 50-50 with capital punishment and disappearance on my leading causes of death, but that's not gonna happen any time soon now, is it? If everything went the way you wanted it to, this would be a pretty boring game.
Last edited by Merconitonitopia on Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Undivulged Principles
Diplomat

Founded: Antiquity
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Undivulged Principles » Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:11 am

Nice rant but it doesn't make sense.

If you are so creative why can't you substitute the word trout for whatever fish you want?

Here is some trout for thought: maybe you should bear in mind the description of your nation listed on your nation's description page is not YOU describing your nation, but the WA describing your nation. They are too very different things indeed.

How anyone can expect a game to minutely describe every single possible variation over 100,000 nations is beyond me but since you think it is so easy go make one up yourself. Otherwise use that vast creative mind of yours and make a Factbook that adequately describes your nation according to your view.
- I could RP my big toe to be more powerful than your nation. That doesn't mean it applies in NS
~ Source? I'm not your mommy. Do your own homework. Not providing third party support for opinions. Don't believe look it up yourself, or not. Idc
~ democracy allows the least qualified to judge the most..

Panageadom
Ambassador

Founded: May 09, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Panageadom » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:57 am

Oubliettica wrote:...certainly NO "public" gross domestic product except when my secretary's pet cat Fluffy hoiks up a hairball. No manufacturing either, unless you call Wolfgang's homemade penny whistles a manufactured product and he gives them away on the Winter Solstice.

We hate trout fishing, preferring instead bluegill and jumbo shrimp that grow to the size of Asian carp in the warmed glacial meltwater. We grow hydroponic strawberries and glow-in-the-dark chocolate mint mushrooms. We raise free-range turduckens that grow fat and happy eating flavonoid-rich tardigrades until, at the tender age of 6 months, their pea brains cause them to pluck themselves completely feather free before instinctively leaping onto the closest empty charcoal grill. :rofl:

Apologies for pedantry, but in this case, you have a GDP.
Author of Issues:
#273: Is our children learning?
#310: Too Little Talk?
#315: Creative Flowers Withering Under Legislation
#324 "Tourism Tanking" Tells Tabloids
#334: Blot Out Bauhaus
#340: Defending Patent Pending
#365: A Busload of Worry

None at present

If I offer criticism on your proposed issue, I will often write in red: don't think I'm being aggressive, it's just a convention I use!
If I ask a question on a proposed issue thread, then it's because I feel it's one you need to ask of your issue: I'm being Socratic and/or lazy.

Supreme Court Chief Justice for Capitalist Paradise

Return to Got Issues?