NATION

PASSWORD

#156 Waste Going to Waste: Needs a Business-Friendly Option

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Pacific Privateers Nation of Sherbrooke
Civilian

Founded: Nov 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

#156 Waste Going to Waste: Needs a Business-Friendly Option

Postby Pacific Privateers Nation of Sherbrooke » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:43 pm

This issue doesn't provide any business-friendly middle ground. The first two options are ludicrous and are obviously written to promote an agenda. They are a bit beyond the tongue-in-cheek humour of other issues. The last option is not much of an improvement since it's just naive rather than ridiculous. Nothing in life is so black and white (except maybe on CNN and FOX news).

I'd propose either adding an option or changing option 2 to have government build waste to energy incinerators. These are both safe and effective, a true win-win for nations!

#156: Waste Going To Waste, Says Industry Lobby [DeFranzania; ed:Reploid Productions]

The Issue
@@NAME@@'s industries have an ever-growing amount of toxic wastes to dispose of, and doing so in safe ways is becoming prohibitively expensive, leading a group of lobbyists to try and pressure the government into changing existing disposal laws.

The Debate
1. "These waste dumping laws are destroying our businesses!" rants @@RANDOMNAME@@, head of the @@NAME@@ Bigger Business Bureau. "We need cheaper ways to eliminate industrial by-products, which really aren't as harmful as people think, such as pouring them into rivers or deep ocean ravines where they're harmless to us. Let's remember that the products we manufacture make your life easier and more fun!"

2. "A better way to deal with this problem is to convince the public it isn't a problem at all," whispers @@RANDOMNAME@@, head of Scamcorp, an industrial think tank. "Fudge some research, declare that the chemical by-products from industrial processing and production actually make one's teeth and bones healthier. Then, sell them to municipalities to add to their drinking water! Yes! This will not only save us the trouble of disposing of the waste correctly, we'll be able to sell it at a profit! I can taste the money already!"

3. "These corrupt, money-hungry corporations are only looking out for themselves and their bottom line!" says @@RANDOMNAME@@, an environmentalist from northern @@NAME@@. "The government needs to enact stricter laws for how these companies can dump their waste safely, and when they poison @@NAME@@'s people and environment, the government needs the authority and manpower to enforce harsh penalties! These companies make their messes, they should pay to clean them up!"

Luna Amore
Issues Editor

Founded: Antiquity
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:51 pm

We're not looking to add or significantly alter choices already in game. Sorry.

Pacific Privateers Nation of Sherbrooke wrote:These are both safe and effective, a true win-win for nations!

Win-win? The horror! There are no 'win-win' options in this game. Everything has a downside.

Undivulged Principles
Diplomat

Founded: Antiquity
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Undivulged Principles » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:23 pm

Option one is the middel ground, option 2 is very pro business.

Only ludicrous option is your suggestions. And.isnt win-win.

All choices given have historical precedents.
- I could RP my big toe to be more powerful than your nation. That doesn't mean it applies in NS
~ Source? I'm not your mommy. Do your own homework. Not providing third party support for opinions. Don't believe look it up yourself, or not. Idc
~ democracy allows the least qualified to judge the most..

Return to Got Issues?