NATION

PASSWORD

My country has wide spread deforestation.....

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Democratic Republic of North America
Civil Servant

Founded: Nov 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

My country has wide spread deforestation.....

Postby Democratic Republic of North America » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:57 am

I had a issue that allowed me to choose whether to allow mining in the rainforests. I chose to have limited mining in a small area, and somehow it went from that to widespread deforestion, and now the description says my country is a barren inhospitible wasteland. How did it go from limited mining to widespread deforestation on it's own?

Militaires Sans Frontiares
Civilian

Founded: Nov 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Militaires Sans Frontiares » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:59 am

"Everything is exaggerated a little. Well, okay, a lot. Your decisions affect your nation very strongly, so your country might seem like a more extreme version of what you were aiming for. Unless you have radical politics. In which case you probably think nothing's wrong."

Straight from the FAQ.

The Tiger Kingdom
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Tiger Kingdom » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:00 am

Democratic Republic of North America wrote:I had a issue that allowed me to choose whether to allow mining in the rainforests. I chose to have limited mining in a small area, and somehow it went from that to widespread deforestion, and now the description says my country is a barren inhospitible wasteland. How did it go from limited mining to widespread deforestation on it's own?

It's basically a given in this game that any choice you make with the issues is immediately going to go to the most ridiculous extreme possible.
When the war is over
Got to start again
Try to hold a trace of what it was back then
You and I we sent each other stories
Just a page I'm lost in all its glory
How can I go home and not get blown away

Democratic Republic of North America
Civil Servant

Founded: Nov 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Republic of North America » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:17 pm

Militaires Sans Frontiares wrote:"Everything is exaggerated a little. Well, okay, a lot. Your decisions affect your nation very strongly, so your country might seem like a more extreme version of what you were aiming for. Unless you have radical politics. In which case you probably think nothing's wrong."

Straight from the FAQ.

It seems to be that wide spread deforestation would be the result of allowing full mining, not allowing limited.

Ieperithem
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Ieperithem » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:57 pm

'Widespread deforestation' is the environmental term used when your environment reaches a low extreme. It's not a result of that issue in particular, you've simply chosen a large amount of options that negatively impact the environment without a significant counterbalance(IE: Regulations or spending on restoration). It's not that bad to have in the scheme of things, compared to high crime, derelict economy, or an uneducated population, but if you care about the national ecosystem enough to sacrifice some quality of life, employment numbers, and economic growth, you'll find that the environment will reach a better condition soon enough.
Political Spectrum Test
Economic Right: 69.8%
Social Libertarian: 29.3%
Foreign Policy Neoconservative: 36.0%
Cultural conservative: 22.6%
"There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all."
-Theodore Roosevelt

Return to Got Issues?