NATION

PASSWORD

How do i become a Issues Editor?

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
A Republican Ireland
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

How do i become a Issues Editor?

Postby A Republican Ireland » Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:18 pm

OK i want to be an issues editor but i also want to write issues. But i dont know how. Where do i go to write a issue. And how do I become an Issues Editor.

Abacathea
Minister

Founded: Nov 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Abacathea » Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:22 pm

A Republican Ireland wrote:OK i want to be an issues editor but i also want to write issues. But i dont know how. Where do i go to write a issue. And how do I become an Issues Editor.

Slow down a while first would be my suggestion, you've been all over the map tonight, WA and now the Issues. There's no harm in being ambitious, if anything it's great to see the enthusiasm, but slow down, get to grips with things first, and then see where that takes you ey? :) Most of all, learn here what you didn't in the WA, read the stickies and the important guides first. They pre-date all of us, and usually for good reason ;)
G.A #236; Renewable Energy Installations (Repealed)
G.A #239; Vehicle Emissions Convention (Repealed).
G.A #257; Reducing Automobile Emissions (Repealed).
G.A #263; Uranium Mining Standards Act
G.A #279; Right of Emigration
G.A #292; Nuclear Security Convention
(Co-Author)
G.A #363; Preservation of Artefacts (repealed)
S.C #118; Commend SkyDip
S.C #120; Commend Mousebumples
S.C #122; Condemn Gest
S.C #124; Commend Bears Armed
S.C #125; Commend The Bruce
S.C #126; Commend Sanctaria
S.C #131: Commend NewTexas
(Co-Author)
S.C #136; Repeal "Liberate St Abbaddon" (Co-Author)
S.C #143; Commend Hobbesistan
S.C #146; Repeal "Liberate Hogwarts"

A Republican Ireland
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby A Republican Ireland » Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:26 pm

Abacathea wrote:
A Republican Ireland wrote:OK i want to be an issues editor but i also want to write issues. But i dont know how. Where do i go to write a issue. And how do I become an Issues Editor.

Slow down a while first would be my suggestion, you've been all over the map tonight, WA and now the Issues. There's no harm in being ambitious, if anything it's great to see the enthusiasm, but slow down, get to grips with things first, and then see where that takes you ey? :) Most of all, learn here what you didn't in the WA, read the stickies and the important guides first. They pre-date all of us, and usually for good reason ;)

thanks

Luna Amore
Issues Editor

Founded: Antiquity
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:45 pm

From the Got Issues FAQ:

How are Issues Editors chosen?

The first and second groups of Issues Editors were chosen through Issues Contests (Contest #1 and results, Contest #2 and results). However, the amount of work these contests required, and thus the amount of time they took to run, has meant that we are moving to a different system.

While we are not currently looking for new Issues Editors, when we find ourselves in need of new ones, they will be chosen by the Issues Editing team (Moderators and Issues Editors). Those who are active within the Got Issues forum, giving helpful advice to others - particularly with the drafting of issues, and those who write especially good issues (whether submitted via the game or in response to a specific request), will be considered.

Return to Got Issues?