NATION

PASSWORD

Healthcare should count for Industry

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
The Bermeja Triangle
Civilian

Founded: Nov 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Healthcare should count for Industry

Postby The Bermeja Triangle » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:51 pm

Since the health care industry generates billion of dollars, shouldn't having a huge healthcare sector in NS count towards the industry statistics. I would even go one step further and say that pharmaceuticals should be counted separately in NS. Do you agree?

Undivulged Principles
Diplomat

Founded: Antiquity
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Undivulged Principles » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:26 pm

There are many industries that could warrant a report. Maybe this is why leading in many industries doesn't guarantee an equally high rating for your overall economy.

However the health industry is partially covered by the insurance ranking.
- I could RP my big toe to be more powerful than your nation. That doesn't mean it applies in NS
~ Source? I'm not your mommy. Do your own homework. Not providing third party support for opinions. Don't believe look it up yourself, or not. Idc
~ democracy allows the least qualified to judge the most..

Lenyo
Powerbroker

Founded: May 27, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Lenyo » Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:09 pm

The Bermeja Triangle wrote:Since the health care industry generates billion of dollars, shouldn't having a huge healthcare sector in NS count towards the industry statistics. I would even go one step further and say that pharmaceuticals should be counted separately in NS. Do you agree?

I agree, especially since my nation invests heavily in healthcare. However, reworking the core number crunching to account for the medical sector would be really, really hard, so we're not going to change that. Inertia is the most powerful force in the universe, in my personal opinion.
The oppressed are allowed once every few years to decide which particular
representatives of the oppressing class shall represent and repress them in parliament.

Lenin, State and Revolution (1917)

Return to Got Issues?