NATION

PASSWORD

Teens over 65

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Vladislavija
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Teens over 65

Postby Vladislavija » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:05 pm

So I got these two issues in same day:
Birds, Bees, And Breeding Teens - A study has shown that an increasing proportion of teenagers in Vladislavija are falling pregnant.
Aging Concerns In Vladislavija - Fears about the aging population in Vladislavija have been raised after it was discovered that nearly a fifth of the population is over 65 years of age and becoming a serious drain on pension funds everywhere.

How can I have over 20% of nation old with high teenage pregnancy rates?

Kesshite
Envoy

Founded: Jan 08, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Kesshite » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:45 pm

To expand on the above answer, after WWII, the USA experienced a baby boom. One generation had children far in excess of what previous or subsequent generations produced, which means that 65+ year later, a large chunk of the population is made up of senor citizens.

Having high teenage pregnancy is relative. US teen pregnancy level has decreased steadily since the 1950s, but is still the highest for developed nations. If compared to something like rural India or large parts of Africa, it's not high.

An increase in teen pregnancy could only 'counteract' having a large percentage of the population being 65+ if teen pregnancies made up a significant percentage of children born and raised. It doesn't. In both developed and undeveloped countries, women in their 20s are going to make up the majority of successful* births.

*Undeveloped countries may have very high teen pregnancy rates but infant mortality and serious medical complications for the mother are more prevalent in younger women.
|The Holy Wilderness of Kesshite |
Together, Under the Velvet Paw.

Vladislavija
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Vladislavija » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:12 pm

Frisbeeteria wrote:You mean roughly like the current composition of the USA?

Aw crap I've becoma USA. (Btw i didn't know even USA had so many old people).

I guess I'll just support breeding teens. Soon we will have population boom again!

Undivulged Principles
Diplomat

Founded: Antiquity
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Undivulged Principles » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:34 pm

Vladislavija wrote:So I got these two issues in same day:
Birds, Bees, And Breeding Teens - A study has shown that an increasing proportion of teenagers in Vladislavija are falling pregnant.
Aging Concerns In Vladislavija - Fears about the aging population in Vladislavija have been raised after it was discovered that nearly a fifth of the population is over 65 years of age and becoming a serious drain on pension funds everywhere.

How can I have over 20% of nation old with high teenage pregnancy rates?

What?

Having a fifth of your population over the age of 65 has nothing to do with the proportion of teenage females who are pregnant. Unless you give out drugs freely and have a completely open Internet, then there might be some connection.
- I could RP my big toe to be more powerful than your nation. That doesn't mean it applies in NS
~ Source? I'm not your mommy. Do your own homework. Not providing third party support for opinions. Don't believe look it up yourself, or not. Idc
~ democracy allows the least qualified to judge the most..

Return to Got Issues?