NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] One Man & Three Women?

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Eaostia
Secretary

Founded: Oct 26, 2013
Ex-Nation

[DRAFT] One Man & Three Women?

Postby Eaostia » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:13 pm

This is just a draft, so please bear with me!

Name:One Man & Three Women?

A polygamist group proposes an idea, make Polygamist marriage legal.

Validity:Valid for Nations with strong religious views.

[option]"This is the next step for marriage," says @@RANDOMNAME@@, the Nation's most famous polygamist. "it's only right that we do this, the government has no right to define marriage, I say we make Polygamist marriage legal. We can't just let only two people marry at once. It might tick off some people, but oh well."
[effect]A polygamist wedding happens every two minutes in @@NAME@@
[stats]Happiness increases, Religiousness increases, Morality decreases, Civil Rights increases, Economy decreases, Culture increases.

[option]"This will NEVER do!" Shouts protester @@RANDOMNAME@@. "Marriage is only between TWO people, not three, four, or fifteen, TWO! The Lord will be displeased if we let this pass! We shouldn't allow Polygamist crap get in the way of true love!"
[effect]Polygamists are denied marriage
[stats]Happiness decreases, Religiousness somewhat increases, Morality increases, Civil Rights decreases.

[option]"I agree with the protesters. But we aren't going far enough." Says @@RANDOMNAME@@, a priest. "We should make traditional marriage the only marriage allowed. Not only will we stop Polygamist marriage, but we will ban the perverted same-sex marriage stuff! The Lord hates these people! And we must treat these perverts the way The Lord would!"
[effect]Men are often jailed for holding hands in the park.
[stats]Civil Rights decreases, Happiness decreases, Morality increases, Religiousness increases, Godlessness decreases, Culture decreases.

[option]"Marriage? What a joke." Says @@RANDOMNAME@@, a radio host who has been single for 30 years. "Marriage is just one person popping a ring to another person, and then after a lengthy party, BOOM! They are "Married", marriage needs to be dropped as a whole. Nobody needs this."
[effect]Couples are separated forever due to a marriage ban.
[stats]Civil Rights decreases, Economy increases, Morality decreases, Religiousness decreases, Happiness decreases, Godlessness increases, Culture decreases.
Last edited by Eaostia on Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am Catholic, so if you assume right off the bat that I am crazy or homophobic, get out.

Support:LGBT rights, Women's rights, Abortion, Disabled community, Catholicism, Christianity, Death Penalty, Gun Control, Europe.

Meh:Iran, Israel, USA, Use of Eugenics.

Anti:Facebook, Doomsday, Syria getting bombed, Race supremacy, Homophobia, Religious extremists, Divorce, Victim Blaming.

If you argue with me over what I support and don't, then be mature.

Eaostia reflects my Political views. It's basically if I ruled a futuristic Asian city.

Xorniva
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Xorniva » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:31 pm

I support this to become a new Issue!

Morlodania
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 29, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby Morlodania » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:32 pm

World Assembly issue!! And a good one!
Beware, I live
Prophet of MorloKitty!

Officially Thernsymantic!
Statty: Un-Daughter
New Cinoth: Insane Mistress
Sungai: Cousin of Sorts
Pinki3: Living Cupcake
LadyRebels: The Witch
Fort: That Crazy Guy in the Corner
Gidge: The Fluffy Queen
Valerie: Vampire Cookie Queen
Glee: Glee-chan
Greater Appalachia: The Ghost
Earthy/Uni: Platonic Lover
Nana: Kitteh Mama

Gallade wrote:My Little Morlo, Abduction is Magic~

I am the Night. I am Nightmare and Shadow, I am Fear and Death, I am Rest and Peace. I am your deepest Fears, I am your greatest Comfort. I am all you hide from, and yet, I am all you want.

Kesshite
Envoy

Founded: Jan 08, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Kesshite » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:10 am

Is there an actual nation value called 'morality?'

I think that polygamy lowering morality suggests a rather strong bias in the issue. While personal viewpoints can never be avoided, I believe the intent of nationstates is to reflect possible outcomes without judgement as to whether specific decisions are good or bad.
Last edited by Kesshite on Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
|The Holy Wilderness of Kesshite |
Together, Under the Velvet Paw.

Freemopia
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Freemopia » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:56 am

Add this option:
[option] The true and original definition of marriage is a loving relationship. (Says someone who is bi sexual, lives with many sexual partners of different genders, and has not bought the piece of paper that says marriage on it). No where in the @@FAITH@@ book does it say marriage includes the government, @@CURRENCY@@, or paper. The government perverted the definition by turning it into a 40 @@CURRENCY@@ piece of paper, discriminatively sold to people that don’t have to like or live with each other, that people can use to get government benefits. All this talk about legalize or criminalize marriage is not about that at all, is actually about legalize or criminalize giving unfair government benefits to special groups. End this perversion now and return marriage to its original meaning. Get government out of marriage.
[effect] No one gets special government benefits based on martial status, and the government is not allowed to recognize or define the word marriage.
[stats] Decreases: retail industry, taxation, murder, authoritarianism, corruption, government size, rudeness.
Increases: civil rights, economy, compassion, freedom from corruption, freedom from taxation, happiness, niceness, most pro-market.

Ban the perverted same-sex marriage does not = morality increase. Change it to morality decreases.
Polygamists are denied marriage does not = morality increases. Change it to morality decreases.
Legalize Polygamy does not = morality decreases. Change it to morality increases.
Last edited by Freemopia on Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to Got Issues?